Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I'm firmly convinced that the Iraq invasion was a NeoCon wetdream to restructure the Mideast, via the domino theory, into a peaceful region compliant to our (and Israel's) geopolitical interests.

The whole WMD threat was nothing more than a "bureaucratic" justification that they thought would work in the wake of 9/11, and Wolfowitz said as much.

Saddam was a convenient boogeyman and the WMD/terrorism rationale was a threatening enough reason to justify their big adventure in the sandbox. The Downing Street memo cast further light upon this (as did the Valerie Plame/Joe Wilson brouhaha). The NeoCon's had a compliant nincompoop in the White House (with a grudge), an strong ally there as well (Cheney), and a cabal of NeoCons in DoD (Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith) and a weak, easy to roll National Security Advisor, Condoleeza Rice.

Sincerely, I have no doubt about this being the case. However, America is unwilling to admit to itself that we spent so much in blood and treasure on such a cynical misadventure.

Last edited by finnbow; 05-03-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm firmly convinced that the Iraq invasion was a NeoCon wetdream to restructure the Mideast, via the domino theory, into a peaceful region compliant to our (and Israel's) geopolitical interests.

The whole WMD threat was nothing more than a "bureaucratic" justification that they thought would work in the wake of 9/11, and Wolfowitz said as much.

Saddam was a convenient boogeyman and the WMD/terrorism rationale was a threatening enough reason to justify their big adventure in the sandbox. The Downing Street memo cast further light upon this (as did the Valerie Plame/Joe Wilson brouhaha). The NeoCon's had a compliant nincompoop in the White House (with a grudge), an strong ally there as well (Cheney), and a cabal of NeoCons in DoD (Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith) and a weak, easy to roll National Security Advisor, Condoleeza Rice.

Sincerely, I have no doubt about this being the case. However, America is unwilling to admit to itself that we spent so much in blood and treasure on such a cynical misadventure.
this is the correct ansewer

Bush's daddy revenge simply served as an emotional prod to the boy king to go along with the neocon dream.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:

I have to quote finnbow here and say I think he's summed it up perfectly, and accurately. These things unfolded over the last seven years, and AFAIC it's now glaringly obvious how things turned out the way they did. I should also note that many of the things finnbow describes above became obvious almost right away to anyone unwilling to swallow what the White House and media were feeding the American public, and look a little, just a little, deeper into what was really happening. Scary, and so very frustrating.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lin View Post
I have to quote finnbow here and say I think he's summed it up perfectly, and accurately. These things unfolded over the last seven years, and AFAIC it's now glaringly obvious how things turned out the way they did. I should also note that many of the things finnbow describes above became obvious almost right away to anyone unwilling to swallow what the White House and media were feeding the American public, and look a little, just a little, deeper into what was really happening. Scary, and so very frustrating.
My son, who was thirteen at the time, recognized the duplicity right off. The night after the invasion of Iraq he questioned why an attack based on WMD's was suddenly called "Operation Iraqui Freedom." He also did a pretty good job of questioning my authority for a few years after that.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-23-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lin View Post
Actually, this stuff was all in place a decade before the actual war began. Read a very interesting, well documented and researched book on it, called Rise of the Vulcans (I think. Will double check. And not the green ones with the pointy ears either!). The Iraqi invasion was basically in the cards before the Bush cabal actually got into power. They just forgot to tell the American people of the plan...
Old 08-23-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Actually, this stuff was all in place a decade before the actual war began. Read a very interesting, well documented and researched book on it, called Rise of the Vulcans (I think. Will double check. And not the green ones with the pointy ears either!). The Iraqi invasion was basically in the cards before the Bush cabal actually got into power. They just forgot to tell the American people of the plan...
I actually discovered that personally after the fact, but what I mostly meant was that the highly questionable (to put it lightly) nature of the given justifications for going to war were there to be seen by anyone at the time, and largely weren't because of the unstoppable tide of fervent nationalism.

So it had all been planned years before it actually happened, and that could have been seen too - but I think one would be giving the average person too much credit in assuming most people could have put it together themselves, even with some of us insisting something was very wrong.

Man, I got into some nasty fights with certain close family members back then. It was like arguing with a brick wall. Since I was a college student at the time, people just assumed I was the stereotypical "angry young man," full of conspiracy theories, speaking of conspiracy theories...
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:

No other post is necessary on this subject.
This clearly explains exactly "why" to anyone rational and semi well read.