Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
You guys didn't have a primary this time 'round. Can't wait for '16

Oh wait - yes I can

Pete
Go into the light, Pete. Wanna unicorn?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Good grief! MA is a democratic state. Why would you expect something different?
Like I said in another post...Romney has more in common with worldwide elites in Paris and Moscow than with those more common people (us) in his various home states ( who has three home states anyway).....he has never made a connection with the people he governed there (Massachusetts). He is a plutocrat.

Whether or not you agree with Obama, or do not believe he is from America,or faked his transcripts, the man made a huge connection with others in Chicago and Illinois. He was not chosen by Iowans who really got to know him personally in 2008 by an accident. This campaign shows how he beat the odds at the grass roots level and it will be studied for decades to come as the model campaign to emulate.

There is a story about Romney closing off a public elavator in the MA Capitol building for his own personal use...an elevator that for years had been used by many workers and visitors to the Massachusetts governor's office. That is kind of man he is. And why he lost.

Last edited by icenine; 11-08-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Admin

What's next? Just sent a note to my rep in congress, Rohrbacher R-Ca. I offered congrats on his re election and expressed my concerns that he's too in bed with Norquist and in light of the recent election maybe he could see his way towards a little compromise on the budget. I'm sure I'll get a form letter in response. I did ps him that while Patty & I had voted for the challenger we hoped that he and his family would have a nice Thanksgiving.

A foolish waste of time? Yeah, probably but if nothing else his staff will get a chuckle out of it.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Area Man

I used to get responses from my congress man, Rand Forbes (R). Until I called him a "....balloonheaded Biblethumper.". I think he prolly took umbrage with that.

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I largely agree. 'Mistakes were made'

Too much can be read in to this though. The mistakes were largely style and inelegant-ness imo.

Pete
Style and inelegant-ness? When yo tell half of the country to go screw themselves that is not inelegant, it is just plain stupid. We have a Congress full of alleged adults who live in deadly fear of Super Grover, and no one elected that b*****d. When Repubs grow up and start acting like adults they just might be a viable party. We cleaned a few clocks Tuesday, we are going to clean House in 2014.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

As you wish.

Pete