Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I gather that the Senatorial race was as close as it was because nobody could stand either candidate. Apparently both of them ran pretty nasty campaigns and turned most people right off. Is that more or less your take?

I remember hearing video of Paul Wellstone's memorial service. I thought it was a tad unseemly but not to the extent the Republicans portrayed it. They spun it out of all proportion to reality for political advantage. It worked too.

Franken is a huge Wellstone fan. I think one of his main reasons for running may have been to win back Wellstone's seat from Norm Coleman. I believe he detests Coleman and couldn't bear the thought of him in the Senate instead of Wellstone.

I didn't mention Bachmann because I try to block her out of my consciousness. She's freakin' nuts!

John

The campaigning was pretty ugly throughout. The recount was a travesty and I would have the same opinion if the roles were reversed. We really need to define what counts as a vote in this state and on a national level for that matter or this is going to happen in every close election. The cost to the people is extraordinary.

I'm a firm believer in preregistration and providing proper identification at the polling place. Also, any ballot that needs to be reviewed by a board to determine what he or she "meant" by the scribbled mess submitted to be rejected altogether. There are people there to help if voters are confused. If they go it alone and can't produce a readable ballot then tough shit. It should be tossed.

Although I'm not a huge Coleman fan, I wish that Franken would have just stuck with the Air America gig. A role much more suited to his "talents".

Bachmann... See, we hold common ground here.

RC
Old 12-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Resident octogenarian

You mean you folks in MN have not switched to the machines they shoved down everyone's throat? Geez, how are we going to "fix" elections if you don't use computers.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
You mean you folks in MN have not switched to the machines they shoved down everyone's throat? Geez, how are we going to "fix" elections if you don't use computers.

I think you might be onto something there, Rob

RC
Old 12-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I thought Jesse showed remarkable restraint. I think he would have been justified shoving that jerk's 'nads down his throat.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I thought Jesse showed remarkable restraint. I think he would have been justified shoving that jerk's 'nads down his throat.
Yeah, like I said in an earlier post, I think that jerk was trying to get Jesse to hit hit him. There were enough people to break it up and then the guy would have been all over ET, Nancy Grace and Greta and trying to sue the hell out of Jesse.

Reality Reality TV.

John
Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Jesse really should have charged the little prick like he was going to pull his head off...only stopping short. Especially after that smart assed comment about his haircut.

Then walked out laughing.

Chas
Old 12-03-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Yeah, like I said in an earlier post, I think that jerk was trying to get Jesse to hit hit him. There were enough people to break it up and then the guy would have been all over ET, Nancy Grace and Greta and trying to sue the hell out of Jesse.

Reality Reality TV.

John
I donno, I don't think there were nearly enough people there to pull Jesse off if he snapped. Least not quick enough.

Chas
Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I donno, I don't think there were nearly enough people there to pull Jesse off if he snapped. Least not quick enough.

Chas
I agree. I think if Jesse really did snap, that guy right next to him could be dead in pretty short order. But I think Jesse is probably too cool to snap. In fact, he demonstrated that. And at worst, he'd probably break the guy's nose.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Loyal Opposition

I wonder what went on the the 20 minutes before Jessee left. You notice on the tape, is says "20 minutes later." Some creative editing to make a point, when it appears that his real reason for leaving was another committment. It'a a shame that the radio show represents what has happened to discourse here, where people try to yell over each other rather than respond to points made. He who yells loudest and controls the mike wins the argument.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 12-04-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I wonder what went on the the 20 minutes before Jessee left. You notice on the tape, is says "20 minutes later." Some creative editing to make a point, when it appears that his real reason for leaving was another committment. It'a a shame that the radio show represents what has happened to discourse here, where people try to yell over each other rather than respond to points made. He who yells loudest and controls the mike wins the argument.

Regards,

D-Ray
The way "Little Opie" was conducting that interview, it would have said "five seconds later" before I was out the door.

The interesting thing about the link was that it was an attempt to make Jesse look bad. I didn't see that at all.

Chas