Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:05 AM

Detroit City Council - Will the insanity never end?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

"Detroit City Council said Thursday it didn’t want to “prematurely” replace still-absent President Charles Pugh, but some say the council’s highest-ranking member should show his face as an order removing his power and a potential lawsuit loom.

The panel met in an adjourned formal session one day after allegations surfaced that Pugh had an inappropriate relationship with a 17-year-old teen he once mentored. Pugh hasn’t been seen or heard from since the claims went public, and city Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr denied Pugh’s request for a month-long medical leave."
Old 06-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

So that's what mentoring is.

Pete
Old 06-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Admin

“As it stands right now, we don’t know that President Pugh has committed any crimes,” Jenkins said. “It would be premature and inappropriate at this point (to elect a new president).”
In his decision to deny Pugh’s leave, Orr’s spokesman, Bill Nowling, says the City Charter does not cover medical leave for elected officials and the state’s emergency manager law — Public Act 436 — does not empower Orr to grant one.
The council on Thursday asked its legal and policy staffers how it should proceed when Orr’s order terminating Pugh’s pay, benefits and powers is released. They are also seeking clarification on the federal Family and Medical Leave Act.
“How do we move forward if in fact an executive order has been reached,” member Brenda Jones asked at the table Thursday. “I don’t wish to break the law and be sued. If we move forward to choose a president and should not be doing so, I would also feel liable as a councilman ... that’s why I’m asking for that opinion.”

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2XRkARNLH
Old 06-28-2013, 07:25 AM
Area Man

Ha, Ha, Ha......................!

You know, I'm beginning to wonder what effect all the industrial pollution for all those decades had on the human brain up there. Is it just me or does Detroit have problems that the rest of the world just doesn't seem to have? At least not to the same degree?

Good grief.

Dave
Old 06-29-2013, 06:26 PM

Police report filed:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Last edited by whell; 06-30-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Admin

What bugs you more, Mike. That this was consensual sex between Pugh and a 17, almost 18 year old or that it was a homosexual relationship?
Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 PM

Neither. Try again, Bob.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:05 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Neither. Try again, Bob.
Well, don't keep us guessing, Mike. Granted it was inappropriate and it appears that the young man's mother is looking for a big payday. So, spell it out.

Last edited by bobabode; 06-30-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Well, don't keep us guessing, Mike. Granted it was inappropriate and it appears that the young man's mother is looking for a big payday. So, spell it out.
So, Bob, you're saying that the only reason that the mother or a potentially abused minor child would make a police report and potentially pursue a case like this is that she wants a big payday? Interesting.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Resident octogenarian

I can't say that I hold any brief for Pugh or the mother. I know damn few eighteen year olds who know what they are doing. abuse is abuse regardless of the genders involved. I will admit that abusrers are high on my s**tlist. Lorena Bobbitt where are you when needed?

Last edited by merrylander; 07-01-2013 at 06:23 AM.