Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Miramar was Navy when I was stationed there, 1983 through '86. Kinda sad to see it infested with Jarheads, now. I had an apartment in Claremont on Iroquois Avenue, (Buena Vista Gardens) back then. Rode a bicycle to and from work every day, rain or shine. It was in Tecolote Canyon that I was shot in the ass.
The BRAC switched Top Gun to Fallon and brought the Marines to Miramar in the 1990s.
We have a clinic (old Nav Care site now called Tricare Outpatient Clinic) in Claremont on Balboa Avenue sometimes I work there. I have bought some old speakers on CL in the area where you got shot.

Luckily it is just me and another tech at the clinic...no boss over us. Being a mid-grade GS (civil service) is like being an E-3 without any pain in the ass Chiefs or First Classes around to make your life miserable lol.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:40 PM

Some vinyl at the SA I am trying not to buy records but could not leave behind Neil Young ( Gold Rush and a soundtrack called Through The Past), Carpenters, Randy Newman and an Isaac Hayes live album recorded at Lake Tahoe. Oh and Simon and Garfunkel Central Park live album.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:21 PM

Sennheiser PCX 250 Headphones noise cancelling with case $2...plus the case has an Iriver mp3 player but it has an odd mini usb-1/8th headphone jack so I cannot connect it.

Burnett's Vodka various flavors x 4 $2.50 each!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:28 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

You guys are on fire.

I've been finishing my tool chest lately, haven't bought an lp in ages. Then found a pair of Olson... S-596? 593? 3 ways on the curb, old suckers, 12" woofer 6"? mid 4 x 6 tweet, two level pots.

But it turns out, I don't even have anything to test them with! (darned if'n I'd use my main setup)

So it looks like I'll be picking up a NAD 7020 at a fair price here shortly. The shed will be rockin'

Pete
Old 01-24-2015, 11:56 AM

I have a NAD 7155 Pete sounds really nice...maybe a bit bass shy but that might be speaker or source related.

My biggest mistake was leaving a Luxman r-113 at the SA once since I thought I did not need another receiver...it was $13. That was 2010....I learned my lesson so did not leave the NAD. I think NAD sounds much better than those increasingly older silver face receivers from the 70s....most of them need a lot of work.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:59 PM

I found a working Nextbook Tablet today that actually works for $8....
I am playing Angry Birds again yay! It has Android and a camera. I got to get a USB cable to connect it to my PC.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:46 PM

Melodyia/ABC Overtures and Marches Tchaikovsky LP
Various Canadian factory cassettes U2/Heart/Blur/GnR/Prince
Grossex Pocketwatch 17 Jewels Incabloc..works
Don Quixote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:37 PM

Sansui FR-D3 semi-automatic turntable with cartridge and stylus.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Banned

Almost find, yesterday at the GW a B&O RX turntable. No cart though, and the lid was really a mess. It was pretty dirty and the metal deck was separated from the base, but I think it snaps right back down, and I'm pretty sure the lid can be buffed out.

But I already have an RX from an estate sale a while back and I don't think it sounds all that good. It was only 5 bucks, but I left it on the shelf.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Almost find, yesterday at the GW a B&O RX turntable. No cart though, and the lid was really a mess. It was pretty dirty and the metal deck was separated from the base, but I think it snaps right back down, and I'm pretty sure the lid can be buffed out.

But I already have an RX from an estate sale a while back and I don't think it sounds all that good. It was only 5 bucks, but I left it on the shelf.
I found a really nice Beogram about 3 years ago but alas the stylus was gone...going to soundsmith for a $200 cartridge (without knowing whether the deck sounded ok beforehand even) just negated the whole score. But the table was in great shape.