Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
No, you escalate it - indeed, you revel in it. If you were as mature and reasonable as you puff yourself up to be, you would not engage in such behavior. In other words, it takes a brat to go tit for tat.
Your right I'll do my best to not bite into the trolls comments.

Last edited by 4-2-7; 05-19-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:55 PM
reflexionar

I would say the Republicans didn't draw Oregon's borders.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Let's not snipe at our volunteer admins who keep this site running for our benefit. These guys keep all the penis starch spammers and worse at bay behind the scenes and get little credit. First and foremost they are longtime members here who deserve our thanks.

Got a problem with moderation? Send a PM to D-Ray or Piece it Pete.

Things could be worse. You could have Tentoze or me as a mod...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
You don't "have to put up with it. You can sign out. I don't want you to leave, I think the site would be less if you did leave, but Don made a good case for things to remain as they are.

As far as I know 427's posts have not physically harmed anyone.

Skip over his posts if they bother you that much! How hard is that?
[Previous version was one of those letters you shouldn't send. My back was up a bit much. Deleted by author.]

Suffice to say I certainly didn't intend (and don't think I expressed) any disrespect to our wise, good, and in every way admirable forum administrator.

Last edited by donquixote99; 05-19-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I will dissent.

I think that invoking a free speech defence for sabotage pictures is ridiculous. The 'speech' content of the pictures was zero.

You might as well say that if a guy went down the street shouting words into a super PA, physically harming people with 180 decibels at short range, he can't be arrested because that would violate his right of free speech.

You are harming a valuable principle by claiming there are no limits to it. There are limits to everything.

Are you sure you can't conceive of a rule against this that doesn't 'obligate' you to ban lots of other people? If not, 'rule of law' would seem to have severe drawbacks. Maybe it's not the great recipe for justice folks say it is.

Because I am asking for nothing less than justice. I think I am harmed by the conduct I have been objecting to, and I think it unfair, unjust, that I be required to put up with it.
I just have to say you had me LMAO.

But truthfully sometimes a picture speaks a thousand words, take the jackass photo for instance. Did you not understand what I was saying in my way?

"There are limits to everything." Even Complaining?
Old 05-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
What I would like to see at this site is less hypocrisy.

I came here to gather information, spread information. The problem is the lack of respect of my opinion or anyones opinion that doesn't follow liberal agendas.So look to the ones that are guarding and perceived protection of the site from a variety of opinions as the problem.

I don't feel the need to go to every thread on this board and piss in all four corners as does Bob and BeamOn. Hay if you don't like what I post don't participate let the thread die in your mind. If you have an argument for the topic state it and shove the personal attack up your ass. As far as threads posted by others and I leave a comment if you don't like it tough. I didn't come here for your indoctrination of liberal bias. I can read and if it a bunch of BS like this thread is I tend to just pass it by. I just scrolled past most of these comments because I'm tiered of the little bitch gossip you all partake in. Im tired of me me me as well so get over the infatuation will you.

Gees what a bunch of little brats, a fucking bunch of old men that can't fucking act civil.

I'll say it one more time I am only doing to others what they do to me. If you don't like it then stop your behavior. There are many members on this site that I do not agree with ideology wise and we get along with respect. There is a clear reason for that.
I wouldn't know where to begin responding to this juvenile and gibberish filled tirade.

Last edited by bobabode; 05-20-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
...i am only doing to others what they do to me.
He started it!!!!!!! Mom!!!!!! MAKE HIM STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
If we were to crack down on folks who post for the purpose of provocation - even if it were limited to those who admit to such a practice - we would be several members short. If we were to police a political site by the same standards as AK is policed, we would again be several members short. If we were to abide by the AK standard that public commentary on moderation is not allowed, we would again be several members short. Simply put, 427 is not the only one who posts comments for a purpose other than political debate/discussion or other worthwhile social conversation. While the frequency of "attack posts" by 427 stands out, the nature of such posts is not unique. Consider the possibility that once we pop the censorship cherry, censorship would damage the forum greater than the annoyance of one with no sense of forum etiquette.

Regards,

D-Ray
He's not posting for the purpose of provocation. He's posting for the purpose of destruction. He will keep doing it every time his shredded ego starts to react to not receiving exactly the sort of feedback he wants. He's the only one doing it. He's the only one that would be lost.

It's one thing to be a provocateur...it's not like I'm not guilty of it on a fairly regular basis. It's utterly another thing to be a malignancy.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Thanks Bob. I would welcome Tentoze here.

Pete
Old 05-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Admin

Update on the original Post story.

"What 60 years of political gerrymandering looks like". WaPo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-like/?hpid=z3