Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-24-2024, 07:12 AM

Local on going GOP Ex-Sheriff corruption update.....

https://www.lpm.org/news/2024-01-23/...m_medium=email

https://www.lpm.org/news/2024-01-22/...ion-for-family
Old 01-24-2024, 05:54 PM
Admin

There were tapes? Arizona Republican Chair tries to soft peddle a well known wack job out of losing once again.

..."In the recording, published by the Daily Mail on Tuesday, DeWit tries to dissuade Lake, who lost the gubernatorial election in Arizona in 2022 and has served as a surrogate for Trump in this election cycle, from seeking a Senate seat in 2024. He suggests she instead run for governor again in 2026.

“There are very powerful people who want to keep you out. … But they’re willing to put their money where their mouth is in a big way. So, this conversation never happened,” DeWit says in the recording.

Kari Lake struggles to court moderates, imperiling GOP Senate pickup

He later continues, “So the ask I got today from back East was: ‘Is there any companies out there or something that could just put her on the payroll to keep her out?’ ”

Lake responds, “This is about defeating Trump and I think that’s a bad, bad thing for our country.”

In another portion of the exchange, DeWit says: “Just say, is there a number at which-” to which Lake interjects: “I can be bought? That’s what it’s about.”

“You can take a pause for a couple of years. You can go right back to what you’re doing,” DeWit continues. But Lake repeatedly rebuffs his offers, saying it was “not about money. It’s about our country.”" WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ublican-party/

I'd really like a Republican to explain how they can in good conscience pull that lever for a party of crooks.
Old 01-25-2024, 05:33 AM

Telling when you feel the need to record all your conversations. Must know her party well and wants leverage and protection.

Taking into account this knowledge to protect herself from incrimination. Picking her words carefully and setting traps...sound bites...
Old 01-25-2024, 07:53 AM

Apparently Lake has been recording her conversations for some time (she was after all a journalist in a past life).
Surely DeWit knew this?

Last edited by Human; 01-25-2024 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
Apparently Lake has been recording her conversations for some time (she was after all a journalist in a past life).
Surely DeWit knew this?
Uh-oh, there goes her VP shot out the window. Donny's not likely to want to have someone around recording "things" that may come back later to bite him.

So DeWit resigns lest other recordings be released? Could these other recordings reveal who was behind the effort?
Old 01-25-2024, 08:39 AM
Ready

Gads. If stuff like this went on in a movie, we'd think it a ridiculous melodrama, soap-opera level.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:40 AM

Funding for Ukraine on hold (dead is how I see it) because the deal the Republicans were trying to make with Biden's administration is now slammed by Trump as their presumptive nominee.

Quote:
Republicans demanded stringent border policy changes to pass $60 billion in Ukraine aid requested by the White House last year, and a small group of Senate negotiators were closing in on a deal last week when Trump slammed the negotiations in a social media post that said he would only accept a “PERFECT” deal.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...er-deal-trump/
Old 01-25-2024, 09:15 PM

GOP senators seethe as Trump blows up delicate immigration compromise

Fecking cowards.

To put someone on blast is to publicize loudly what objectionable thing they are doing that they really don't want getting around. President Biden and every Democrat running for office this year should put every Republican legislator cowering to tRump on blast and start doing it no later than ten A.M. tomorrow morning. The message should be that Republicans should be contacting their representatives in Congress and demand that they stop working for tRump for once and work the people that elected them. Pass the damn bill and get something done.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:00 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Incredible moment in first GOP debate for Colorado's 4th Congressional District as candidates are asked to raise their hands if they’ve been arrested. Six candidates raised their hands, including Lauren Boebert and Mike Lynch. They then proceeded to cheer and high five each other.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1750714332894175268
Old 01-26-2024, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Incredible moment in first GOP debate for Colorado's 4th Congressional District as candidates are asked to raise their hands if they’ve been arrested. Six candidates raised their hands, including Lauren Boebert and Mike Lynch. They then proceeded to cheer and high five each other.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1750714332894175268
Gives new meaning to the term MAGA Morons.