Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980;
Actually single-payer/full-participation for basic health care would be an improvement. If there was an effective marketplace solution it's likely it'd look a lot like the ACA or 'Romneycare', and we'd already have it instead if it was more profitable than beneficial. SP/FP basic care could be 'dovetailed' with open-market health insurance to take in 'deluxe' coverage for elective surgery procedures and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
yawn
And that pretty much sums up the 'Pub alternative to ACA. Brilliant.

Last edited by Pio1980; 04-11-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:07 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
And that pretty much sums up the 'Pub alternative to ACA. Brilliant.
Well consider the source.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell;
yawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well consider the source.
I come up with a reasoned alternative proposal and that's the response. At least it's a change-up from the standard vaporware crickets-and-tumbleweeds 'Pub (non)proposal.

Last edited by Pio1980; 04-11-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I come up with a reasoned alternative proposal and that's the response. At least it's a change-up from the standard vaporware crickets-and-tumbleweeds 'Pub (non)proposal.
I've posted here on the forum at least 4 times now about alternatives to the steaming hunk or crap that we call Obamacare. There also have been various options floated in the House. Just because you've either failed to notice, failed to comprehend, or fail to give credence to any of those floated alternatives doesn't mean no alternatives exist.

Also, the alternative of doing nothing - not screwing with the insurance marketplace, not redesigning insurance underwriting practices, not spending a billion on a web site that barely works, not requiring individuals to pay a tax for a product they may not want or need, etc. - can be regarding as better than foisting a steaming pile of crap on the American public.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

The buck stops.... somewhere else.

Pete
Old 04-11-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I've posted here on the forum at least 4 times now about alternatives to the steaming hunk or crap that we call Obamacare.
So, did you think Romneycare was a steaming hunk of crap?

The thing about the ACA is that it was the most that could be accomplished in the current political climate. Most or all of its shortcomings are the result of the logrolling that went on to get enough votes for passage and to get the insurance companies on board.

Part of the problem is that even the people who defend the ACA think it could be a lot better. They just recognize that it is a definite improvement and hope it's a precursor to something better.

Meanwhile, Whell, where's the Republican alternative? The Ryan budget repeals the ACA but replaces it with nothing, just rolls things back to where they were prior to the ACA.

John
Old 04-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
So, did you think Romneycare was a steaming hunk of crap?

The thing about the ACA is that it was the most that could be accomplished in the current political climate. Most or all of its shortcomings are the result of the logrolling that went on to get enough votes for passage and to get the insurance companies on board.

Part of the problem is that even the people who defend the ACA think it could be a lot better. They just recognize that it is a definite improvement and hope it's a precursor to something better.

Meanwhile, Whell, where's the Republican alternative? The Ryan budget repeals the ACA but replaces it with nothing, just rolls things back to where they were prior to the ACA.

John
Even worse the Ryan budget replaces Medicare with vouchers. All this crap about foisting insurance on people who don't want, it's about time these young people bought their own damn insurance because I am tired of paying higher rates so that the hospitals will treat them whn they need it.

Face it the Republicans are bereft of honest ideas that serve everyone and not just their masters.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I've posted here on the forum at least 4 times now about alternatives to the steaming hunk or crap that we call Obamacare. There also have been various options floated in the House. Just because you've either failed to notice, failed to comprehend, or fail to give credence to any of those floated alternatives doesn't mean no alternatives exist.

Also, the alternative of doing nothing - not screwing with the insurance marketplace, not redesigning insurance underwriting practices, not spending a billion on a web site that barely works, not requiring individuals to pay a tax for a product they may not want or need, etc. - can be regarding as better than foisting a steaming pile of crap on the American public.
Whell, I get the feeling that you are somehow involved in the insurance business. I have a friend who is an insurance broker (not mine) who sounds just like you.

And what are the four alternatives? I am not entirely happy with ACA as constituted either but am willing to accept the fact that it is just the beginning to a single payer plan that is successful in Canada and other western democracies.

I have only heard "defund". And the senator who championed this cause is still in hiding. Have any amendments to ACA been ever offered by GOP other than proposals to whittle it away not to mention every form of opposition to birth control provisions that's included in it?
Old 04-11-2014, 10:15 AM

IIRC, Boner's last pronouncement on this was that he (they) haven't anything yet, but when they do it'll be really, really good. Uh-huh. Right after elephants start fornicating in the treetops.

Last edited by Pio1980; 04-11-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
The buck stops.... somewhere else.

Pete
With the GOP blocking everything you are lucky to have a buck.