Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Precisely my point.

On the Wilson/Brown case it was said that wait till the grand jury investigation is over before passing judgement on who is wrong. Yet here on the case of Ebola, Obama is getting slammed for making comments on the contagiousness of the disease and now for appointing a "czar".

Guess what, Ebola is very new so why not wait till all facts are in? Besides the impact of Ebola on the US is far far greater than a case of a suspect being killed by LE. So is this about Ebola or a cheap shot at Obama?
You can afford to take your time with a legal process, particularly when doing so benefits the defense. Taking your time with a public health issue just ends up with more people sick, or worse. Sorry, no comparison, but you can keep trying if it floats your boat.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You can afford to take your time with a legal process, particularly when doing so benefits the defense. Taking your time with a public health issue just ends up with more people sick, or worse. Sorry, no comparison, but you can keep trying if it floats your boat.
You have any idea how long it took to study and understand AIDS? Still no cure in sight but there has been significant progress in medical treatment. With Ebola, one patient has died and two known cases from the same incident and you are ready to slam the administration for ignorance of the disease? I call it scaremongering.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:44 PM

I didn't slam the administration for ignorance. I simply asked a question that was in a similar vein as the OP. So now the left is suggesting that asking legit questions is "scare-mongering"? I'll give you this: some of you folks have no shortage of hyperbole.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I didn't slam the administration for ignorance. I simply asked a question that was in a similar vein as the OP. So now the left is suggesting that asking legit questions is "scare-mongering"? I'll give you this: some of you folks have no shortage of hyperbole.
I re-read you post #33 and I concede that there was no scaremongering. I am more of a centrist than a leftist but self defense from the GOTP has made me tack to the left (I don't own a sailboat ).