Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:22 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
On what planet is it where having the blood of a homicide victim on your clothes is evidence of no wrong doing on your part?
The same planet where we're told that burning a cross while wearing a white sheet isn't really racism. You're just showing your love for white folks.

Dave
Old 10-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
What I am doing is offering an alternative to the narrative that the right wing, and a lot of the left is pushing. That Brown was a thug that got what was coming to him.

There are a number of posters here that have already exonerated Wilson on that basis. Any objections on your part to those that have already jumped to this conclusion are conspicuously absent.
And I'm offering my own narrative as well. What I don't get is how my narrative indicates that I'm supporting the cops...which equates my narrative, according to you, with the right-wing narrative.

Maybe you're a little to emotionally deep into this thing, at this point, to be able to provide a reasonable look at anybody else's perspective.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
What I am doing is offering an alternative to the narrative that the right wing, and a lot of the left is pushing. That Brown was a thug that got what was coming to him...
It's unclear to me why anyone here, thousands of miles from Ferguson, feels the need to provide their own narrative of events that they didn't witness. You have about as much of an idea of what occurred there as someone in solitary confinement in Siberia.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Ready

1) There is more information available to us than to the poor sod in Siberia.
2) We try (some harder than others) to be reasonable about it.
3) It's fascinating that it bugs some people so much. Ah, hello Mr. Dreyfus....

Last edited by donquixote99; 10-21-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Rational Anarchist

Frankly my dear, I'm enjoying it.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
IMO Darren Wilson's story lacks credibility.
Because, you know, who likes evidence?
Old 10-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Obviously the kid doesn't deserve to be dead. But there are circumstances around this incident. Wilson may loose his job, but if he was assaulted, I don't see how they can convict him of anything more severe than voluntary manslaughter. Maybe not even that.
Really? How do we know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I see no point in pretending I have any idea what occurred there. All I know (or can know) is that Wilson will either get indicted, put on trial and acquitted/convicted or he won't.
Response A: Obviously you love the cops and are glad to see an unarmed black man dead.

Response B: Obviously you hate the cops and wish it was the white cop instead.

Pete
Old 10-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Ready

All attempts to shut the conversation down are attempts to end the bad situation for the cops. Why?

Three possibilities:

1. The urban thug got what he deserved.
2. The police must always be supported, or the social order will be destroyed.
3. Patriots like us have to stick together against the troublemakers and traitors.

See l'affair Dreyfus, just switch 'Jews' and 'urban thugs.'
Old 10-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Considering his known actions before contact with the police I tend to lean towards the police version. Of course I await the verdict of our legal system.

Pete
Old 10-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Considering his known actions before contact with the police I tend to lean towards the police version. Of course I await the verdict of our legal system.

Pete
Obviously this guy wasn't some innocent kid walking home from bible study. At some point, somebody in a position of authority with PD is going to have to provide an official opinion as to whether Wilson really needed to use that level of deadly force to get Brown off of him and keep Brown off of him.

A point made over and over is this one round that went into the top of Brown's head...which to some provides a clear cut picture of a guy on his knees having been summarily executed by Wilson. But if Brown was coming at Wilson again and he ripped off...whatever number of rounds it was...rapid fire and one of the last rounds hit Brown in the top of the head as he was going down...that's as reasonable a scenario as the on his knees and executed scenario. So now you have some blatant conjecture from me. It's like yawning...somebody does it and everybody in the vicinity joins in.