Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:45 PM

How do we become The "United" States again?

On this day before around half the county will be upset no matter who wins.

Just how do we as a country move on, when most can not conceive a loss by their guy. Will feel the election was stolen or rigged in some way. I know speaking for myself see the cult in the open for all to see attempting the win dirty.

Just have a hard time with the fear of us against them. Not we are all in this together. Have more in common then not. Love this country.

The other side will not just disappear, go away some how.

Right?

Last edited by bobabode; 11-02-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Rational Anarchist

The good old USofA has been a republic of, by and for the commercial elite from the start and will remain so under our current constitution for the foreseeable future. Love that?

That said, enforcing the law equally would be a good place to start.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:46 PM

The tRumplicans have been so brainwashed they have no interest in joining with anyone not of their "tribe". It will be a long time before they put away their MAGA hats and QAnon banners.
It hasn't gotten as much attention but the Democrats must flip the Senate. Even I Biden comes out on top the Republican power over the Senate must be extinguished. If the Repukes retain the Senate they'll do everything in their power to stop Biden from changing anything.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:59 PM

I think it is time to look at "free speech" and allowing a strong fast legal recourse for lies and mistruth being put out as fact.

The cult members I know willingly accept tin hat conspiracies with no basis in reality. Then when faced with facts see untruth, fake news.....

Been getting the "God" wants T to win....... Now that is scary, just how will they feel when he looses???
Old 11-02-2020, 03:15 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
The tRumplicans have been so brainwashed they have no interest in joining with anyone not of their "tribe". It will be a long time before they put away their MAGA hats and QAnon banners.
It hasn't gotten as much attention but the Democrats must flip the Senate. Even I Biden comes out on top the Republican power over the Senate must be extinguished. If the Repukes retain the Senate they'll do everything in their power to stop Biden from changing anything.
What do you believe Biden would want to change?
Old 11-02-2020, 03:19 PM
Ready

The Real American Unity everyone envisions has hardly ever existed, except in the WWII years, though the Ike era revived an echo of it sometimes. In earlier eras it was unity enforced by an iron fist for minorities and dissenters. If Trump gets back in (note I do not say 'wins') we'll go back to that.

Should we evade that, I see good in both suggestions above: enforce the law equally, and stifle the spread of harmful information frauds (building on the law of frauds may be useful). Of course, laws against bad information may be quite hard to enforce equally....

Work on getting people physically together, interacting, in friendly and successful ways, is always good at building unity. New stories leading to new myths that support unity may do good. This is soft stuff, and not easy to make happen widely, so we'd better be prepared to keep at it...
Old 11-02-2020, 05:43 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
On this day before around half the county will be upset no matter who wins.

Just how do we as a country move on, when most can not conceive a loss by their guy. Will feel the election was stolen or rigged in some way. I know speaking for myself see the cult in the open for all to see attempting the win dirty.

Just have a hard time with the fear of us against them. Not we are all in this together. Have more in common then not. Love this country.

The other side will not just disappear, go away some how.

Right?
Well, I'm going to start by taking a handful of Bob's Alaskan Purple over to my neighbor who is a Trumpling. He's going to need it. (grin)

If that doesn't work I'll give him a bit of Chocolate Haze.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Well, I'm going to start by taking a handful of Bob's Alaskan Purple over to my neighbor who is a Trumpling. He's going to need it. (grin)

If that doesn't work I'll give him a bit of Chocolate Haze.
I think you have the right idea. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:40 PM
reflexionar

Pretty sure the united states was named for the states united under one federal system, and never has, nor was intended to mean the states or the people united together in ideals.
Personally, I wish ideals were a bit more diverse so that we could get away from this extreme partisan chaos. With more people now identifying as independent than either Democrat or Republican I think it is about time for better centrist representation.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Pretty sure the united states was named for the states united under one federal system, and never has, nor was intended to mean the states or the people united together in ideals.
Personally, I wish ideals were a bit more diverse so that we could get away from this extreme partisan chaos. With more people now identifying as independent than either Democrat or Republican I think it is about time for better centrist representation.
Ayuppers!