Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Mankind, the missing link between apes and humans, are locusts. Everywhere we go, sooner or later everything dies. Why are we the worst barbarian species in the history of the planet? Because we are raised by our elders.
https://youtu.be/URfl8oJUw3s
Old 04-30-2023, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Mankind, the missing link between apes and humans, are locusts. Everywhere we go, sooner or later everything dies. Why are we the worst barbarian species in the history of the planet? Because we are raised by our elders.
QFT

We are very efficient parasites!
Old 04-30-2023, 11:02 PM

Humans are both highly competitive and innovative and we tend to misuse our innovations. Take air planes as an example, they were intended to provide high speed transportation and they evolved into supersonic jet fighters and bombers built for war and destruction. There are several others.

Reminds me of Roger Waters lyric from his album Amused to Death, "give the human race a little bit of rope and they will fuck it up". And we do this extraordinarily well.

Last edited by Rajoo; 05-01-2023 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2023, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Humans are both highly competitive and innovative and this can we tend to misuse our innovations. Take air planes as an example, they were intended to provide high speed transportation and they evolved into supersonic jet fighters and bombers built for war and destruction. There are several others.

Reminds me of Roger Waters lyric from his album Amused to Death, "give the human race a little bit of rope and they will fuck it up". And we do this extraordinarily well.
Hi Rajoo,

I'm not trying to play "know it all here", but, as a retired aircraft mechanic and lifelong aviation hobbyist I feel the need to set the record straight here. Aviation and the weaponization of aircraft grew up hand to hand together as twin siblings VS aviation being co opted into war machinery. Here is an article describing that development;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_aerial_warfare

"The history of aerial warfare began in ancient times, with the use of kites in China. In the third century, it progressed to balloon warfare. Airplanes were put to use for war starting in 1911, initially for reconnaissance, and then for aerial combat to shoot down the recon planes. The use of planes for strategic bombing emerged during World War II. Also during World War II, Nazi Germany developed many missile and precision-guided munition systems, including the first cruise missile, the first short-range ballistic missile, the first guided surface-to-air missiles, and the first anti-ship missiles. Ballistic missiles became of key importance during the Cold War, were armed with nuclear warheads, and were stockpiled by the superpowers – the United States and the Soviet Union – to deter each other from using them."

As you can see here, it was only 8 years between Wilbur and Orville's 1903 first flight and the 1911 use of aircraft in war. In fact, the Wright's first customer for their newfangled flying machine was none other than the US Army.

Beyond all of that, I heartily agree with your point ......
Old 05-01-2023, 08:18 AM
Rational Anarchist

And lest we not forget, nuclear power was first used to blow a couple cities to smithereens.
Old 05-02-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Fuck off.
Right back atcha, sport.

Quote:
I told you what kind of law I support. The law that says the content of counseling services provided to a minor who has reached the age of legal consent rights is nobody's fucking business outside of the minor client and the licensed counseling provider.
Right, so you were incapable of answering a simple question about whether you would support, specifically, a law like WA's that does all that and more. It was a simple "Yes" or "No", but I guess that's too much to ask.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Right back atcha, sport.

Right, so you were incapable of answering a simple question about whether you would support, specifically, a law like WA's that does all that and more. It was a simple "Yes" or "No", but I guess that's too much to ask.
You got my answer to your question. Like any braindead alt-right conjob trumper, what you want is the answer you want to your question.

So...go fuck yourself.

Here's a yes or no question for you, are you still jerking off in public on the sidewalk out in front of your tenement? It's a simple fucking yes or no.
Old 05-02-2023, 04:41 PM

Quote:
So...go fuck yourself.
Ask a boneheaded whack job a question that they don't want to answer, and this is what you get. The response above is about as vapid and empty as the person who posted it.
Old 05-02-2023, 05:15 PM

Your both part of the overall problem.
Old 05-02-2023, 05:43 PM
Admin

This one has run its course and devolved into a juvenile pissing match. smh

Closed.