Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Area Man

It must just be one of those days............

Just came down off the roof. My house has a shallow pitch and the damn acorns just lay up there.

Anyhow, it's a GORGEOUS day here in the swamp!

Beautiful blue skies, leaves a changin', clean sweet smelling air......
A good day to be on the roof with a broom! Think I'll be outside all day, Fellas...........

Dave
Old 10-31-2009, 10:54 AM

Ahh, you WON'T like it...Send it down here 'n' I'll Take Care of it for you...The variety that is chocolate-covered w/a pecan on top is especially odious...This woman that I gave some to says the best way to dispose of it is to bite off a small piece, kinda let it dissolve on the roof of yr mouth & tongue...You don't need to, but I think it keeps best if you stick it in the fridge...A glass of milk helps to wash the awful taste it leaves out of yr mouth, too...My dad used to go to Louisville about once every other month, & sometimes he'd stop at this little restaurant on the side of the road that sold it, & he'd bring back a "tin"...It didn't have a very long lifespan once it got here...
Old 10-31-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
One of the things I really miss, now that the boys have graduated, is all of the time spent visiting with the other baseball, basketball and football parents.

Regards,

D-Ray

Invite a few over to play cards or somethin'. Thing about kids that are active in sports, it brings alot of parents together, sometimes becoming friends for life.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Resident octogenarian

All the neighborhood kids are grown past T or T so I sent the candy money to the Marines Toys for Tots campaign.

Looked out front and saw all the kitties curled up together in their pots. Took all the flowers out last week and scooped out enough soil to make it below the rim. Filled up with pine shavings and straw so they have places to curl up in. There are also three Kitty Campers, look like cloth Quonset huts with a heater in the floor. The mother cat is big enough to need one the others can share at two to a camper.

Sugar maple out back has shed its leaves, willow oak is just turning, sweet gun is all gold and the sugar maple in front is near its peak. Mess of leaves to pick up, but it is quiet and peaceful, neighbors are far enough away that we don't hear them. Life is good.