Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-19-2023, 09:53 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
It's a doggone shame he can use none of that in court, LOL. My #1 reason why he'll do anything to avoid a trial, including skipping.

Everything he writes or says can indeed be used in court, either to show criminal intent or in subsequent sentencing. That is why lawyers tell defendants to STFU after indictment. Trump knows he is guilty, so he is mounting the only defense he has - a political one.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:02 PM

Quote:
It's a doggone shame he can use none of that in court, LOL. My #1 reason why he'll do anything to avoid a trial, including skipping.
If I am his spiritual advisor (thanks, but NFW), I would ask him to leave the country soon and quietly. Best for him and better for this country. I am betting that he will be left alone by our law enforcement.

But will he? Never in my book. He loves the chaos he can create, loves the attention (headlines) and most of all being a psychopath, he wouldn't even understand the advice given to him.

So buckle up, we are in for a rough ride till the next election.
Old 07-19-2023, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Everything he writes or says can indeed be used in court, either to show criminal intent or in subsequent sentencing. That is why lawyers tell defendants to STFU after indictment. Trump knows he is guilty, so he is mounting the only defense he has - a political one.
None of his ranting and raving is going to help in his defense. A gag order would have been nice but IMO giving him all the rope he needs to hand himself is even better.
Old 07-19-2023, 02:44 PM
Admin

Another traitor gets prison time. This jerk off was armed with a pistol while attacking the Capitol Police on 1/6.

"WASHINGTON — A Jan. 6 rioter who was armed with a concealed weapon as he led a mob that overran police on the steps of the Capitol was sentenced to seven years in federal prison on Wednesday.

Christopher Alberts, a Maryland Donald Trump supporter was found guilty on nine charges in April after he testified that "instinct took over" when he charged at police with a wooden pallet during the Capitol attack, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...d1a6446&ei=247
Old 07-20-2023, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
If I am his spiritual advisor (thanks, but NFW), I would ask him to leave the country soon and quietly. Best for him and better for this country. I am betting that he will be left alone by our law enforcement.

But will he? Never in my book. He loves the chaos he can create, loves the attention (headlines) and most of all being a psychopath, he wouldn't even understand the advice given to him.

So buckle up, we are in for a rough ride till the next election.
That is not possible due to Secret Service protection.
Old 07-20-2023, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
But will he? Never in my book. He loves the chaos he can create, loves the attention (headlines) and most of all being a psychopath...
None of which he can enjoy from jail. He would be able to at some measure if he bugged out to foreign soil.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:43 PM

Quote:
None of which he can enjoy from jail. He would be able to at some measure if he bugged out to foreign soil.
Which is why I am hoping he would bail, but not before trying a second round of insurrection.

Jack Smith imo should bury this traitor with indictments and this time I doubt very much if he will have a big following during crunch time, and chances are that Faux will $it on the sidelines paying lip service. Like the GOP, their interest in their base is just viewership and revenue.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:35 PM

Trying to foment an insurrection while not in power would have very different results this time. I really don't see a MAGA crowd successfully storming the Capitol again. Fooled us once, etc-etc.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
That is not possible due to Secret Service protection.
I know its far fetched but can be done since he travels in his own plane. A very short hop to Cuba, under 100 miles but his pilots need to be in on the plot. Perhaps the Secret Service has already thought of it and his pilots are well vetted, or their own piloting the plane.

Wishful thinking on my part though.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Trying to foment an insurrection while not in power would have very different results this time. I really don't see a MAGA crowd successfully storming the Capitol again. Fooled us once, etc-etc.
No one showed up for his arraignment in Miami, so very much doubt they will rise up in arms. Perhaps the MAGAts have figured out that the authorities have much larger guns.