Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Area Man

Huh?.....What were we talkin' about? Hey, Grump, got some fire? I need a bag of chips real bad..................

Dave
Old 12-23-2010, 06:59 PM

To be honest, I've smoked a ton of the stuff and have come to the conclusion that it's not as benign as many would like to think.

That said, it's hardly a penitentiary offense. And law enforcement has bigger fish to fry than another victimless crime.

Chas
Old 12-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
To be honest, I've smoked a ton of the stuff and have come to the conclusion that it's not as benign as many would like to think.

That said, it's hardly a penitentiary offense. And law enforcement has bigger fish to fry than another victimless crime.

Chas
It took me almost thiry years to convince my brother of that, Chas. He quit smokin' it back in '04. Went back to college, graduated with a four year business degree and now he's partnering up with a buddy to start their own auto restoration business. Before he quit, he had ZERO ambition. Now, the boy is on fire. He's 54 years old. All of those wasted years.............

Amazing, isn't it?

That said, I support legalization 100%. Figurin' it will turn out just like alcohol if we legalize it. Which is a damn sight better that it was when THAT was illegal.

Dave
Old 12-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukka Sahib View Post
“Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.”
Matthew 20:14 (KJV)

When I try to reconcile conservative ideology with the teachings of Christ, I can only wonder how the man who gave out the loaves and fishes to the multitude by the Sea of Galilee would not be branded a “liberal” today.
Yep. That's a tough reconcilliation, isn't it my eloquent friend?

Dave
Old 12-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Resident octogenarian

Only if you accept that the American definition of "conservative" is the correct definition, and I will dispute that.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Only if you accept that the American definition of "conservative" is the correct definition, and I will dispute that.
Anyone who can be completely defined by either the conservative or liberal label must be a very narrow fellow indeed.

I really dislike the use of labels when used to describe people, although I have one for the DJ who just determined to play "Alvin and the Chipmunks" for my listening entertainment.

Now they're playing something that sounds like Jerry Lee Lewis singing about Rudolph crusing down the highway. I stand corrected, it was Chuck Berry.

The college boys must already be drunk.

Chas
Old 12-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Resident octogenarian

The best definition is probably "someone who believes that you should not throw out the baby with the bath water."
Old 12-24-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Finn, next you'll be saying Buchanan has some valid points
He really does when it comes to foreign policy, but he is a loser in the financial department with that totally failed trickle down theory of economics.
I have nothing remotely nice to say about Pat Robertson.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
He really does when it comes to foreign policy, but he is a loser in the financial department with that totally failed trickle down theory of economics.
I have nothing remotely nice to say about Pat Robertson.
He's better than that sumbitch from Kansas???

Chas
Old 12-24-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
He's better than that sumbitch from Kansas???

Chas
Dollar for dollar, probably not. It is just plain wrong for a preacher to take money like that and use it for a political agenda "in the name of" though.
Thank goodness for the separation of church and state we still have at this point though some really seem to want to change that these days.
It would suck to have to live in a beautiful country, full of nice people and a "religious government" from hell like the people of Iran have to do.

It is nice that nobody around here cares if you smoke weed away from work and driving.