Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:30 PM

I really don't care if this or any other materially guilty unrepentant perp suffered or not, but would be concerned if I enjoyed schadenfreude from the notion of his suffering.
This is a world where we should ideally protect the innocent and worthy from those toxically proven to be neither. Given our for-profit justice system and trash politics, any case that is not factually irrefutably solid and sufficiently aggregious should not be a capital trial.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 07-24-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:46 AM
Mutated Member

A general execution method valid for all States with death penalty, bloody Texas inclusive:

Step 1: a regular anaesthetic.

Step 2: an injection of a RELIABLY lethal poison.

But this is probably much too complicated for the American Executive to understand.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 07-25-2014 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Added "with death penalty"
Old 07-25-2014, 12:56 AM
Admin

I'd prefer that we didn't. Just my .02 centimes.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:22 AM
Mutated Member

So what is your favourite method Bob?

What could be better than the injection of a poison that instatnly paralyzes the cardiac muscle?

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 07-25-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Ready

The actual problem here is a conflict of values between the medical profession, and the political. Politicians want to please the public with executions, but doctors and drug companies are unwilling to participate.

Politicians are struggling to come up with a drug method that 1) uses drugs that are available, 2) can be reliably administered by non-doctors, and 3) will not be found 'cruel and unusual' by the courts. The problem is of course technically solvable in a number of ways. But many people (such as myself and bobabode) prefer that it not be solved, and so far a solution has been elusive.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Rational Anarchist

I'm Bob and live in bloody Texas. Hang them high.

For offended Lefties - it's the most environmentally sound method.

We all know chemical means is the German state sanction method.

Seriously, how do we as a society cope with the sociopaths amongst us or those who lose control out of anger? I don't have a clue as to my question's answer.

Last edited by nailer; 07-25-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Area Man

Blender.

Dave
Old 07-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Koch-Teapublican

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
The actual problem here is a conflict of values between the medical profession, and the political. Politicians want to please the public with executions, but doctors and drug companies are unwilling to participate.

Politicians are struggling to come up with a drug method that 1) uses drugs that are available, 2) can be reliably administered by non-doctors, and 3) will not be found 'cruel and unusual' by the courts. The problem is of course technically solvable in a number of ways. But many people (such as myself and bobabode) prefer that it not be solved, and so far a solution has been elusive.
Just have Hua Lian Pharmaceutical Co supply it along with there shipments of RU486
Old 07-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Banned

Honey & Ants on my property. I can use the bone meal.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:16 AM
reflexionar

Just a few highly biased thoughts in the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets
What's a good way to go? Quick and easy? I say burn them at the stake or the likes.

Using the royal you, than "you" do it. The reason we have all of these contraptions is because no single person really wants the responsibility.

No single representative of the people wants the responsibility. I can assure you that often there are family members who would do the job. I could, and would, be up to the task.

Quote:
Killing is killing after all.

No, it's not. Why? Because it's not always murder. That said, execution is precisely such.

So a murderer's life is fair game during commission of the act, up through completion. Once he has finished the act though, his life becomes precious?

Quote:
Make it as bad as possible will work as a deterrent will it not?

It won't, already in evidence.

Then figure out another deterrent. I believe it is more of a deterrent than life in prison. Life in prison is no longer a deterrent, nor a punishment. Its only purpose anymore is to protect someone's next "would be" victim. Prison these days is just another place to live, but you are not free to come and go as you please.

Quote:
Either have a death penalty and a method like a guillotine or rope or forget about it and do a life sentence. There is no real humane way to kill after all (emphasis added).

Precisely.

Humane doesn't even belong in the same sentence. Sometimes humans aren't humane. It has always been, and always shall be. My wife wanted to view our son's body yesterday for closure. It was suggested she not because the visible wounds and lacerations to his neck and face were so severe that they could not make him presentable. I have had urges to have his killers mother go through the same pain my wife and I are. They come and go. I realize that is not my moral make-up. I don't see any reason that his killer should get 3 hots and a cot for the rest of his life, if he should even be sentenced that long, plus the opportunity to play sports, lift weights, watch television, listen to music, play cards, or any other such pleasures that should allow him to distract his mind from the true reason he is there.