Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Cool. All the tubes you listed are absent from my hoard though.
Maybe down the road we could build a monster useing 6LQ6's, 6LR6's, or some other sweep(?).

I have a few of those.
My last project was a sweep tube amp. Used the compactron 6JM6 or you can use the 6JN6 if you don't want plate caps. I basically ripped off David Berning's screen drive, but put a massive power supply of my own design in it. I think David would have used a bigger supply if he only built one too. The outputs idle at ~3ma, so you can actually lay your finger on the side of the output tubes. That's why the big power supply ( about 3000uf at 500v), it has to have the electrons very handy to go from zero to 60 in a nano second. The 6LR6 seems interesting. http://www.duncanamps.com/tdsl/show.php?des=6LR6

You'd probably want regulated screens though, which is no big deal if you don't mind a little sand.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
My last project was a sweep tube amp. Used the compactron 6JM6 or you can use the 6JN6 if you don't want plate caps. I basically ripped off David Berning's screen drive, but put a massive power supply of my own design in it. I think David would have used a bigger supply if he only built one too. The outputs idle at ~3ma, so you can actually lay your finger on the side of the output tubes. That's why the big power supply ( about 3000uf at 500v), it has to have the electrons very handy to go from zero to 60 in a nano second. The 6LR6 seems interesting. http://www.duncanamps.com/tdsl/show.php?des=6LR6

You'd probably want regulated screens though, which is no big deal if you don't mind a little sand.
You are way above my level of knowledge with this stuff.
I play with "Black Market" sweep tube RF amps. I'm getting out of them and have deceided to build a huge graphite tubed beast.
Now I will have no use for all of these sweeps. I've always been intrigued by those 6LQ6 powered Mac's built in 68-70 or so.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
You are way above my level of knowledge with this stuff.
I play with "Black Market" sweep tube RF amps. I'm getting out of them and have deceided to build a huge graphite tubed beast.
Now I will have no use for all of these sweeps. I've always been intrigued by those 6LQ6 powered Mac's built in 68-70 or so.
I've got some 4E27s I need to build something with. 75 watt plate dissapation, I'm thinking SEP, with maybe an EL34 driver.
http://www.tubecollector.org/4e27.htm