Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Banned

Glenn Greenwald trashes Hillary Clinton

The Man Who Knows Too Much

He works at the white-hot center of the media universe as the most reliable source for NSA surveillance scoops. He talks to Edward Snowden most days and has full access to the complete archive. And while Glenn Greenwald has spent the past year publishing revelations from arguably the largest cache of breached secrets in American-intelligence history, he promises the biggest bombs are still to come

How do you feel about the early presidential jockeying?

Hillary is banal, corrupted, drained of vibrancy and passion. I mean, she's been around forever, the Clinton circle. She's a fucking hawk and like a neocon, practically. She's surrounded by all these sleazy money types who are just corrupting everything everywhere. But she's going to be the first female president, and women in America are going to be completely invested in her candidacy. Opposition to her is going to be depicted as misogynistic, like opposition to Obama has been depicted as racist. It's going to be this completely symbolic messaging that's going to overshadow the fact that she'll do nothing but continue everything in pursuit of her own power. They'll probably have a gay person after Hillary who's just going to do the same thing.

I hope this happens so badly, because I think it'll be so instructive in that regard. It'll prove the point. Americans love to mock the idea of monarchy, and yet we have our own de facto monarchy. I think what these leaks did is, they demonstrated that there really is this government that just is the kind of permanent government that doesn't get affected by election choices and that isn't in any way accountable to any sort of democratic transparency and just creates its own world off on its own.

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/news...?currentPage=1
Old 05-12-2014, 07:12 PM

Does he think anyone in consideration is a suitable candidate?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Admin

Yawn. Glenn Greenwald is pissed at the political power structure in Amerikkka?
That is a newsflash to you? Stop the presses, Snowden's friend is trash talkin' the gubmint!!!!!

Where you been, getting heatstroke out in Bunkerville, Nevada? or is it Utah this week?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Ready

Post one looks like a product placement to me.

Uh, i guess 'spam' is the usual word in this media....
Old 05-12-2014, 10:42 PM

Old 05-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Persona non grata

Resident Troll trashes Hillary Clinton

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...cinpc/yawn.gif

Last edited by Tom Joad; 05-13-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:11 AM
Area Man

I knew a guy in my Navy days named Dave Greenwald. Dave Greenwald was a jackass too. I wonder if they're related?
Old 05-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
The Man Who Knows Too Much

He works at the white-hot center of the media universe as the most reliable source for NSA surveillance scoops. He talks to Edward Snowden most days and has full access to the complete archive. And while Glenn Greenwald has spent the past year publishing revelations from arguably the largest cache of breached secrets in American-intelligence history, he promises the biggest bombs are still to come

How do you feel about the early presidential jockeying?

Hillary is banal, corrupted, drained of vibrancy and passion. I mean, she's been around forever, the Clinton circle. She's a fucking hawk and like a neocon, practically. She's surrounded by all these sleazy money types who are just corrupting everything everywhere. But she's going to be the first female president, and women in America are going to be completely invested in her candidacy. Opposition to her is going to be depicted as misogynistic, like opposition to Obama has been depicted as racist. It's going to be this completely symbolic messaging that's going to overshadow the fact that she'll do nothing but continue everything in pursuit of her own power. They'll probably have a gay person after Hillary who's just going to do the same thing.

I hope this happens so badly, because I think it'll be so instructive in that regard. It'll prove the point. Americans love to mock the idea of monarchy, and yet we have our own de facto monarchy. I think what these leaks did is, they demonstrated that there really is this government that just is the kind of permanent government that doesn't get affected by election choices and that isn't in any way accountable to any sort of democratic transparency and just creates its own world off on its own.

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/news...?currentPage=1
You're such an ignorant mutt. Of course nobody trusts Hillary. Why should anybody trust Hillary? Why would anybody trust any of them? You trust Ted Cruz? Of course you do you inane dipshit. You trust Marco Rubio? Absolutely, you trust Marco, because you're a stupid sonofabitch. I don't trust Hillary...but trust, like everything else, happens on a continuum. On the continuum of trust I trust Hillary way, way more than Ted or Marco. Simply because she will be the candidate of the party that supports women's reproductive rights, supports union workers, supports the middle class and poor of this country not getting the shaft, supports embryonic stem cell research, supports teaching science and not the bible in science class, and rejects spending my tax dollars on some kid's delusional religious indoctrination in some fucked up parochial school run by pedophiles.

The reason why you're treated the way you're treated is because you post this shit without a scintilla of understanding about what any of it really means. And then when somebody tries (and even tries in relatively reasonable ways) to educate you to not be such a moronic schmuck, you go completely blooey and act even more stupid. Jesus christ on a pogo stick, wake the fuck up.

PS - Glenn Greenwald is a self-absorbed pseudo-intellectual who thinks he knows better than everybody about everything. I wouldn't let him paint my outhouse door. Here's one thing that would make this a better country...Glenn Greenwald decides to spend the rest of his fucking life in Rio.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 05-13-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
You're such an ignorant mutt. Of course nobody trusts Hillary. Why should anybody trust Hillary? Why would anybody trust any of them? You trust Ted Cruz? Of course you do you inane dipshit. You trust Marco Rubio? Absolutely, you trust Marco, because you're a stupid sonofabitch. I don't trust Hillary...but trust, like everything else, happens on a continuum. On the continuum of trust I trust Hillary way, way more than Ted or Marco. Simply because she will be the candidate of the party that supports women's reproductive rights, supports union workers, supports the middle class and poor of this country not getting the shaft, supports embryonic stem cell research, supports teaching science and not the bible in science class, and rejects spending my tax dollars on some kid's delusional religious indoctrination in some fucked up parochial school run by pedophiles.

The reason why you're treated the way you're treated is because you post this shit without a scintilla of understanding about what any of it really means. And then when somebody tries (and even tries in relatively reasonable ways) to educate you to not be such a moronic schmuck, you go completely blooey and act even more stupid. Jesus christ on a pogo stick, wake the fuck up.

PS - Glenn Greenwald is a self-absorbed pseudo-intellectual who thinks he knows better than everybody about everything. I wouldn't let him paint my outhouse door. Here's one thing that would make this a better country...Glenn Greenwald decides to spend the rest of his fucking life in Rio.
You sure do have a lot of assumptions in there about me. So a challenge go find a post I made that I mentioned Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz. I think you all like to put people in little boxes if they don't tote the same line you do.

And then you state this.

"And then when somebody tries (and even tries in relatively reasonable ways) to educate you to not be such a moronic schmuck."

So this education you speak of, is what you feel is correct and in no way absolutely right, correct or factual. In fact I would class it more of an indoctrination of beliefs.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:43 PM

Keep it up, make my day.