Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-12-2020, 04:41 PM

Aerobic Exercise and COVID-19

Role of increasing the aerobic capacity on improving the function of immune and respiratory systems in patients with coronavirus (COVID-19): A review

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7186129/

Quote:
5. Conclusion
This review summarizes that increasing the aerobic capacity is recommended because it has potential of improving immune and respiratory functions which would help counter COVID-19. This can decrease the morbidity and mortality rates of COVID-19. Also, increasing the aerobic capacity of people in the lockdown period is strongly recommended to decrease risk factors of COVID-19 and improve the function of immunity and respiratory systems to allow better body functions against COVID-19. Thus, the performance of a routine of 10–30 min of mild to moderate aerobic exercises should be followed by all people in the lockdown or patients with mild pulmonary symptoms.
I'd post this over on AK, but it would quickly be slammed as "political" by Trumpkin idiots over there. There is, of course, nothing political about it.

Sadly, it'll be 100+ degrees here the next 9-10 days, so my 10-mile walks will be cut drastically for a few days (no, I'm not getting up at 4am to walk...)

Was looking at the COVID risks of hospitalization and death by age, which go up a LOT each decade 30+. With a VO2max that's "superior" for a 20-something, though, this report gives me hope that I'll have the same reaction to COVID as a 20-something.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:32 PM

I get ca 45 minutes walking every morning sunrise with the dogs.
Hope that helps this 73 year old has-been.