Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I might be wrong, and I am too lazy to look it up, but I don't believe that this type of judge sits in court. It appears that he is essentially a county commissioner, holding a political office rather than an actual judicial one. In other words, I doubt that he is a lawyer, and without further evidence, I don't want to claim him.

Regards,

D-Ray
Perhaps when the Tea Party consolidates their power said "judge" will be nominated for the Supreme Court as the first "non-judge" someday...you know that talk about how someday someone should appoint a non-judge to the Supreme Court...something Bush tried to do I think. If I was President Keith Oberman would be my Supreme Court nominee
Old 08-23-2012, 02:16 PM

Here is the judge's official home page.

He is in charge of elections and emergency management among other things. It looks like he is trying to scare the locals into the voting booth.

http://www.co.lubbock.tx.us/departme...n.php?fDD=6-21
Old 08-23-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Here is the judge's official home page.

He is in charge of elections and emergency management among other things. It looks like he is trying to scare the locals into the voting booth.

http://www.co.lubbock.tx.us/departme...n.php?fDD=6-21
Thanks ebacon...the scary part is he presides over mental competency hearings.....can you imagine being declared insane by him
Old 08-23-2012, 03:06 PM

The really brilliant part, and the thing that could make this theory completely true, is that Obama is waiting until AFTER the election to become dicator. Now that is thinking outside the evenlope.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Believing secesh is the right way to go is crazy, but not insane

Or is it the other way around

Pete
Old 08-23-2012, 03:20 PM

This whole Republican craziness would make more sense if they just did what they mean and started burning American flags. Maybe then Washington would get the message and figure out that brainwashing has stopped working.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I have the proper response to burning flags.

Pete
Old 08-23-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I have the proper response to burning flags.

Pete
Whatever Mr. Violence.

In large part Republican voters want to lower taxes because they want to "starve the beast" to use their vernacular.

That is fine, but if you want the beast to know that you are angry with it then it would be best to let it know that you mean business. Burn its symbol -- the red, white and blue as codified at 4 USC 1. That's one of the many pages of laws you hate anyways.

Until that happens the beast won't get the message that it is too big. Instead it will think that all is well in Republican land so long as the American flag is flying in Washington DC.

Doesn't it seem more natural that a person that believes in a small federal government would put his state flag in higher priority than the federal government flag?

Last edited by ebacon; 08-23-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Admin

Secession (Balkanization) kinda dovetails neatly into the "I built this" big lie being screeched by the Romneyites of late. Every time I hear it the only thing that comes to mind is Gepetto and his puppet and now it's THE Republicans war cry on the campaign trail? Dumb and dumber need to find a new tune before they completely marginalize their party.
I remember thinking to myself when Rayguns was running that there was no way he would be elected. Having seen how well he & Ed Meese governed in California it was an easy call but lo & behold we saw Saint Ronnie installed in the White House. Now we have Herman & Eddie Munster trying to do the same.

I can't wait for these turkeys opinions on foreign policy. If the best thing they've got is a venture (vulture) capitalist to run for President I hope the voters don't fall for this humongous dog & pony shoe that is the latest great white hope ploy.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Perhaps when the Tea Party consolidates their power said "judge" will be nominated for the Supreme Court as the first "non-judge" someday...you know that talk about how someday someone should appoint a non-judge to the Supreme Court...something Bush tried to do I think. If I was President Keith Oberman would be my Supreme Court nominee
Harriet Miers

John