Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I can't find any video footage of their broadcasts outside of their English subsidy.

Pete
It's not very easy. As Pat said, regarding Chuck Hagel, not being blindly pro-Israel can land you in trouble here. Look how fast Time Warner dropped Current - as in as soon as the announcement of the sale was made.

Reactionary bullshit. Do you suppose Time Warner knows that the largest stockholder in News Corp. (FOX) is al Waleed bin Talal, a member of the Saudi Royal Family and the force behind the dreaded "Ground Zero Mosque"? I'm sure they don't or else TW would have dropped FOX ages ago.

As to how I watch al Jazeera, I have it on my ROKU Box as part of their "ROKU Newscaster" channel. It's a 24/7 stream (which doesn't seem to be working now. Hmmmmm....)

John
Old 01-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It's a conspiracy

We here in lowly Cleveland have international news on an old fashioned broadcast station, 'MHZ network'. It's excellent, all the European countries (that count lol)('cept for the beeb of course), RT, India, China, Vietnam!, HK, Japan, the 'Afghan Report', some of them really, well, they don't stink, they're just not very interesting

I'm very lucky, by my lights, I can at least grab a look at the excellent ticker (the best of them all) on France24 as I'm getting ready for work. But I occasionally watch just about all of them. I don't have cable

Pete
Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 PM

MHz is available here in the Bay Area as one of the sub-channels of a PBS station in San Mateo. It's part of the cable service here so being 100 miles from San Mateo doesn't present an obstacle. They also have a handful of dramatic TV series, all cop/detective stuff from Sweden, Italy and France. Some of them are quite good.

John
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Yeah, that's how it's here, a sub channel of PBS. There's 4 of them now but one's in Spanish so it doesn't count Another's state affairs and it'll put you to sleep

I see those shows on but never checked them out, I will, thanks.

Pete
Old 01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Btw, that's quite the avatar!

Pete
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Btw, that's quite the avatar!

Pete
Too small. Can't really tell what it is. It's from the silent film "Metropolis". Moloch, the worker-devouring machine of the capitalist oligarchs.

My AK avatar is from that movie too, the "Evil Maria" robot who deceives and betrays the workers. I had a little fun with that one, though. I gave her a built-in headset.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Metropolis Headphones (4).jpg (29.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Boreas; 01-03-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Been awhile since I've seen that, I'll have to look for it!

Pete
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 AM

According to the LA Times it is the only cable news network Colin Powell watches.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 AM

Direct TV is under contractual obligation to carry Current..Time Warner has a clause giving it the right to discontinue Current if ownership changes...and they had wanted to do that for a while.

AJ has deep pockets...may not be too hard for them to pay the cable and satellite networks to keep them on the air.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Too small. Can't really tell what it is. It's from the silent film "Metropolis". Moloch, the worker-devouring machine of the capitalist oligarchs.

My AK avatar is from that movie too, the "Evil Maria" robot who deceives and betrays the workers. I had a little fun with that one, though. I gave her a built-in headset.

John
Is there not an old movie called Shape Of Things To Come from around the same time frame? Sometimes I try not to google everything...

You may be a bit too young for the pulp science fiction magazines...but I did read a few issues of Fantasy and Science Fiction....