Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:29 AM

Airport delay's really!

Like I give a rat a$$ if every fight is late. If that is what it takes to solve the funding of the government. Guess it is alright to cut funding everywhere else, but our elected officials hate waiting in airports. Maybe it's to avoid the little people and their questions.

Barney
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Like I give a rat a$$ if every fight is late. If that is what it takes to solve the funding of the government. Guess it is alright to cut funding everywhere else, but our elected officials hate waiting in airports. Maybe it's to avoid the little people and their questions.

Barney
Yep 'cause right at the moment they are passing legislation to exempt the FAA.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Jigsawed

Fast action when they are affected.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 AM

It will be interesting to see how many tea baggers vote for it.

Carl
Old 04-26-2013, 12:20 PM

I see the House and Senate votes in overwhelming bi-partisan fashion to end the mean-spirited furloughs of airport employees and order the White House and the Transportation Department to get the air traffic controllers back to work. Who said that bipartisanship doesn't exist? And I guess Obama is a "uniter" after all, especially when he's screwing government employees and US air travelers. He got the House and Senate to unite and tell him where he can put his cynical manipulation of the sequestration issue.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Admin

Wow, I didn't know that Faux News had a feeding tube supplied with their programming....or is that an enema tube? Meh, I guess it doesn't make any difference to a parrot.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini me View Post
I see the House and Senate votes in overwhelming bi-partisan fashion to end the mean-spirited furloughs of airport employees and order the White House and the Transportation Department to get the air traffic controllers back to work. Who said that bipartisanship doesn't exist? And I guess Obama is a "uniter" after all, especially when he's screwing government employees and US air travelers. He got the House and Senate to unite and tell him where he can put his cynical manipulation of the sequestration issue.
So, now it's important to those who claim the government is "bloated" that we keep government at it's ostensibly "bloated" levels?

You wanted cuts, you got them, shut your whining hole.

Dave
Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
So, now it's important to those who claim the government is "bloated" that we keep government at it's ostensibly "bloated" levels?

Dave
Really? So that absolute ONLY PLACE that Obama could go to find dollars to cut spending to align to the sequester was to inconvenience travelers and screw air traffic controllers? Or families visiting the White House? Or folks wanting tours of NASA?

I guess these are programs critical to the security and stability of the United States, so Obama and company just couldn't find a way to do without them. I guess the following "bloat" was just asking too much to do without.

The federal government has shelled out $3 million to researchers at the University of California at Irvine to fund their research on video games such as World of Warcraft.

The Department of Health and Human Services plans to spend $500 million on a program that will, among other things, seek to solve the problem of 5-year-old children that “can’t sit still” in a kindergarten classroom.

According to USA Today, 13 different government agencies “fund 209 different science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education programs — and 173 of those programs overlap with at least one other program.

A total of $615,000 was given to the University of California at Santa Cruz to digitize photos, T-shirts and concert tickets belonging to the Grateful Dead.

One professor at Stanford University was given $239,100 to study how Americans use the Internet to find love.

A total of $1.8 million was spent on a “museum of neon signs” in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The federal government spends $25 billion dollars a year maintaining federal buildings that are either unused or totally vacant.

These are just a few of the many, many, many stupid spending decisions that are made with our tax dollars. But it was more important to the Prez to use the sequester to make a political statement, and screw a whole lot of folks in the process.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Area Man

You got your cuts, tightwad.

Shut the hell up.

Dave
Old 04-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
You got your cuts, tightwad.

Shut the hell up.

Dave
Buh- but...how are they going to starve the beast and drown it in the bathtub? Notice whellie didn't mention one bit of bloat and pork going to the MIC or the myriad of pet schemes of the Repugnants.