Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Good point, that would be terrible.

So if you have a lousy parent who can only get their child to behave by spanking, and they don't spank, you then have a child that doesn't behave at all. What does he grow up to be like?
Not necessarily so, I recall when he was four or five if he was give a treat he always asked if he could have one for whichever chum he was playing with outside.

The lady I know who was beaten so severely as a child rarely if ever spanked her son and that was bare handed, but I guess Texas has no mandates and the switch ( a supple tree limb not a stiff one since the plan seems to be to cause as much pain as possible without breaking bones) seems to be favoured there. That football player drew blood on his four year old.

Dear God, does anyone believe for a moment that if you did this to someone else's child you would not do hard labour? We don't 'own' our children, they are not pieces of property for us to treat as we see fit, nor are our wives property, forget that 'serve and obey' bull shit.

Here is food for thought; I heard of a young girl who thanked her parents for loving her. They said she was so good she was easy to love. She came back with wisdom beyond her years and said maybe she was so good because she was loved.

Last edited by merrylander; 09-19-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
If only there were a way to recognize you are going to be a lousy parent, you could just kill your kid before they're born and avoid causing them any stinging pain to the buttocks in the future.
Planned Parentood is the antidote for that. Prepare and don't have them until you are prepared. If it happens anyway they can still help you get thru it into competent parenthood or a constructive alternative.

Unfortunately, a well organized activist coalition has made this essential free service all but unavailable to those who need it most in order to force them to take on a responsibility for which they may be ill-prepared or unwilling, thus putting a living infant or, later, child in jeopardy or worse.
If this is not unethical if not immoral I don't know what is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 09-21-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:06 PM

Dianne Feinstein Wants NFL Players Accused of Domestic Violence To Be Benched

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5857406.html

And I agree. Roger Goodell is still dancing around this issue and citing "ongoing legal investigation", which to me sounds like let some one else lower the boom. Of course NFL enjoys a tax exempt status for the public good the league performs.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:28 PM

Mom used a wooden spoon, and broke quite a few. But her most effective tool was "wait until your Father gets home". The anticipation of being punished was far worse than the actual spanking.
Dad used his belt, doubled back on itself so it made a nice popping sound. Same reason you use a rolled up newspaper on a dog- the sound is the big effect, getting hit with newspaper doesn't really hurt. Occasionally he would use a switch, and we were required to go pick it out and cut it ourselves. Again, the anticipation was very effective.
At school they used paddles. Teachers would make them themselves with help from the shop teacher. All shapes and sizes, some with holes drilled through for better aerodynamics. Many were lovingly decorated with various slogans, lightning bolts, targets, etc. The shop teacher himself was very enthusiastic with his paddle. He would stalk the shop floor, and if saw someone at the band saw or the lathe with jewelry on or shirt untucked, he'd sneak up and smack you. I'm surprised nobody lost a finger. He also had an open invitation for anyone to take him on trading swats. One real big kid, Paul Yokely, brought that shop teacher to tears.
Started out at a Catholic school, where Mother Superior (equivalent to the principal) was rumored to have a paddling machine in her office. This is where you went when paddling by the teacher nun wasn't cutting it. I had visions of some crazy mechanical contraption you had to crawl through, but a classmate who had been there told me the paddling machine was Mother Superior herself.

Never, in all my spankings, was I ever injured in any way.
Went through a stage where I would just laugh while being admonished, which of course was meant to enrage my parents, and it usually worked. They would send me to my room with the promise of a spanking after I had some time to think about my behavior. I'm sure this was to allow themselves time to cool down. Of course I would laugh later while they were spanking me too, but by then they'd calmed themselves and weren't rattled.

Isn't it weird that although I was raised in a spanking culture, I don't feel the need to strike out at people with personal attacks and insults?
Nor do I feel the need to make comments about how nice it would be if my least favorite politicians would get run over by a bus or have massive heart failure.

Last edited by Wasillaguy; 09-21-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Planned Parentood is the antidote for that. Prepare and don't have them until you are prepared. If it happens anyway they can still help you get thru it into competent parenthood or a constructive alternative.

Unfortunately, a well organized activist coalition has made this essential free service all but unavailable to those who need it most in order to force them to take on a responsibility for which they may be ill-prepared or unwilling, thus putting a living infant or, later, child in jeopardy or worse.
If this is not unethical if not immoral I don't know what is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Unlike a driver's license where one is expected to demonstrate some competence behind the wheel, a marriage license is simply a means of raising money by the government, no demonstration of competence is required. But just try and get out of the marriage and it hits the fan.

Interestingly enough when my first wife and I adopted our son they did investigate pretty thoroughly.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Dianne Feinstein Wants NFL Players Accused of Domestic Violence To Be Benched

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5857406.html

And I agree. Roger Goodell is still dancing around this issue and citing "ongoing legal investigation", which to me sounds like let some one else lower the boom. Of course NFL enjoys a tax exempt status for the public good the league performs.
Just an accusation...and immediately the bench. Wow!
Old 09-22-2014, 07:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Just an accusation...and immediately the bench. Wow!
You are forgetting that today's media simply ignores the 5th and 6th amendments.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

[
Quote:
Isn't it weird that although I was raised in a spanking culture, I don't feel the need to strike out at people with personal attacks and insults?
Nor do I feel the need to make comments about how nice it would be if my least favorite politicians would get run over by a bus or have massive heart failure.
ROTFLMAO!!

Pete
Old 09-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
You are forgetting that today's media simply ignores the 5th and 6th amendments.
They ignore them with the sovereign's grace/permission.

Last edited by nailer; 09-22-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Mom used a wooden spoon, and broke quite a few. But her most effective tool was "wait until your Father gets home". The anticipation of being punished was far worse than the actual spanking.
Dad used his belt, doubled back on itself so it made a nice popping sound. Same reason you use a rolled up newspaper on a dog- the sound is the big effect, getting hit with newspaper doesn't really hurt. Occasionally he would use a switch, and we were required to go pick it out and cut it ourselves. Again, the anticipation was very effective.
At school they used paddles. Teachers would make them themselves with help from the shop teacher. All shapes and sizes, some with holes drilled through for better aerodynamics. Many were lovingly decorated with various slogans, lightning bolts, targets, etc. The shop teacher himself was very enthusiastic with his paddle. He would stalk the shop floor, and if saw someone at the band saw or the lathe with jewelry on or shirt untucked, he'd sneak up and smack you. I'm surprised nobody lost a finger. He also had an open invitation for anyone to take him on trading swats. One real big kid, Paul Yokely, brought that shop teacher to tears.
Started out at a Catholic school, where Mother Superior (equivalent to the principal) was rumored to have a paddling machine in her office. This is where you went when paddling by the teacher nun wasn't cutting it. I had visions of some crazy mechanical contraption you had to crawl through, but a classmate who had been there told me the paddling machine was Mother Superior herself.

Never, in all my spankings, was I ever injured in any way.
Went through a stage where I would just laugh while being admonished, which of course was meant to enrage my parents, and it usually worked. They would send me to my room with the promise of a spanking after I had some time to think about my behavior. I'm sure this was to allow themselves time to cool down. Of course I would laugh later while they were spanking me too, but by then they'd calmed themselves and weren't rattled.

Oh...like you came out just fine. And like nobody's ever heard a harsh personal comment outta you hereabouts. Maybe all the spanking gave you a case of convenient amnesia.