Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:23 AM

Fucker Carlson says protests are ‘definitely not about black lives,’ prompting backlash

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...lives-carlson/

Sigh. Why do so many ignorant people pay attention to this racist propagandist?
Old 06-09-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Fucker Carlson says protests are ‘definitely not about black lives,’ prompting backlash

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...lives-carlson/

Sigh. Why do so many ignorant people pay attention to this racist propagandist?
Define "ignorant".
Old 06-09-2020, 01:36 PM

Ignorant of an others plight in life.
Or is it uncaring of those who are different then your norm?
Both?

I for one know, realized, admit, can and will never be able imagine fully the world experienced by anyone other then that of a white male. Much like trying to imagine being a woman, in the end would only be experiencing from a man's perspective. Guessing and be wrong at times.

To experience from birth the unequalness of life. Brought home every time when seeing the life of others. Who just by birth have better schools homes available to take advantage of.

This country has failed time and time again to live up to "All Men Created Equal". But then again it was founded on the exploitation of others or elimination for personal gain.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Ignorant of an others plight in life.
Or is it uncaring of those who are different then your norm?
Both?

I for one know, realized, admit, can and will never be able imagine fully the world experienced by anyone other then that of a white male. Much like trying to imagine being a woman, in the end would only be experiencing from a man's perspective. Guessing and be wrong at times.

To experience from birth the unequalness of life. Brought home every time when seeing the life of others. Who just by birth have better schools homes available to take advantage of.

This country has failed time and time again to live up to "All Men Created Equal". But then again it was founded on the exploitation of others or elimination for personal gain.
There is an old indian phrase I learned in my hippie days about walking a mile in another man's moccasins. This actually has helped me to not judge others - almost to a fault. Two events played out to convince me of this.

The first, I was in Seattle's international district where my wife and I were doing a tandem bike ride. We had stopped for a snack and suddenly saw an Asian kid who looked to be about 15 come running around a corner about a block away, coming right at us. Soon, about 10 more kids his age came around the corner chasing him. They caught him and started beating the living daylights out of him. I ran over and started yanking kids off him and pushing them away. I taxi driver did the same. Everyone else just stopped and watched.

Afterward, the kid was a bloody mess but didn't seem to have any broken bones. He got up and walked off. I had a conversation with a couple of the kids that had been dispensing their local justice on him. They had their reasons, but I was able to give them a bit of 45 year old wisdom on the damage they were doing to themselves by participating. It may have stuck. I don't know. We parted on "good" terms, though.

Second case.

I'm driving by Fairwood on a beautiful summer day, heading home from work, when a guy in a somewhat "dirty" jeep cherokee shows up in my rear view mirror (two lane road) and is risking life and limb to get past people. He's not wearing a shirt, seems to be about 25 and is clearly agitated. He passes cars dangerously on the left and sometimes on the right. It was insane.

I said to myself, I wonder if that guy lost his job today, or maybe he just found his wife in bed with another guy, or maybe he just got divorce papers.

Anyway, I followed him because it was clear it was not going to end well. And sure enough, at the curve by Kentridge high school he went off the road and rolled it. All of the cars he had passed stopped and people were getting out of their cars, going to the car, pulling him out and holding him down with arms, legs, etc. as he frantically struggled. I was trying to calm the folks there down. Everyone was angry and wanted to tear the guy apart.

But we waited for the cops and they picked him up.

When I see people acting badly, I try to put myself in their shoes. It's why, when I see posters that really just spout mostly ad-hominem attacks I imagine they are under 25 and just doing what I would have done at that age. I figure that as they age and continue posting, they will calm down and grasp the art of persuasion. And it is not rooted in attacks. But sometimes even I can't help calling people out from time to time, if a certain threshold is reached.

Yet I'd still be happy to have a cup of coffee with anyone here. In a public setting, of course.

But I don't think he meant the same thing you did when discussing ignorance. I think he mainly just assumes those that disagree with him are ignorant. And, of course, that's silly. I've seen Tucker Carlson. He's one of the best thinkers/communicators out there - even when he and I disagree. Meanwhile, I've also seen Don Lemon. He's the exact opposite - in the realm of Joy Behar.

And those people are well over 25. They have no excuse.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
With that first sentence I firmly agree. But I think we've succeeded in that arena better than any country on the planet - so far.

Regarding the second, no. It was not founded on the exploitation of others any more than any other country. Who built the railroads in the UK? Were those workers exploited. And how about how Japan treats the people of countries they conquer. And have you checked out the history of China, the various countries of the middle east, Africa, etc.

It is the human condition, only recently improved upon. We have a very long way to go, but we've also come a very long way. In most countries, the US being one of the best, if not THE best.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:56 PM

Der Fuehrer's deeply irresponsible conspiracy theory on the Buffalo man injured by police

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/polit...eet/index.html

Quote:
Trump appears to have developed this, uh, theory from watching a clip on the One America News Network, the Fox News of Fox News.

In the segment, footage is shown that suggests the man, Martin Gugino, 75, "was appearing to use common Antifa tactics" when he approached the officers." That tactic? Using his phone to "scan" police communication. The OAN reporter claims that Gugino was using police tracking software on his phone. But there's absolutely no way of telling that from the clip; what's on the screen of Gugino's phone is not visible. And he could just be gesturing with the phone. Again, there's simply no way of knowing.

What we do know is that Gugino was shoved, fell backward, hit his head and began bleeding. And that the officers did not stop to help him. And that he is currently hospitalized.

What we also know is that Gugino is a longtime activist and peaceful protester. There is no evidence that he is part of Antifa.

Given all of these facts, the level of irresponsibility here on display by Trump is off the charts -- even for him. While Gugino remains hospitalized, Trump is suggesting that this is all some sort of orchestrated fake. That the man "fell harder than was pushed." That he was "aiming a scanner." That it "could be a setup."

Trump is basing all of this conjecture off of a segment from a television report on a "news" network that is openly pro-Trump and whose journalists don't exactly live up to credo of being neutral and independent.

The person who did this segment on Gugino is named Kristian Brunovich Rouz, a man who, according to the Daily Beast, has worked both for OAN and Sputnik, a Russian government-controlled news wire service. (The intelligence community concluded that Sputnik played a role in the Russian meddling in the 2016 election.)

Chanel Rion, a White House correspondent for OAN, has promoted the debunked Seth Rich conspiracy theory and suggested the coronavirus was developed in a laboratory in North Carolina. She was also banned from attending White House press briefings by the White House Correspondents Association after she repeatedly broke rules regarding how many reporters were allowed in the briefing room. She continued to attend the briefings anyway, insisting she had been personally invited by the White House press secretary to do so.

That Trump not only believes that OAN is a credible network but takes its wild conspiracy theories and broadcasts them to his 80-plus million Twitter followers -- all the while denigrating and attacking actual independent journalism -- speaks to how far he is willing to go to promote his preferred political agenda.

Trump wants the story to be about Antifa, a group he has sought to designate as a "terrorist organization." He doesn't want the story to be about the use of excessive force by the police on protesters driven into the streets by yet another death of a black man at the hands of the police.

And so, Gugino becomes an Antifa plant, according to Trump. And the cops become wrongly maligned martyrs of the wild left.

But that isn't what the facts say. Not even close. And whether Trump believes it or not, the facts can and do matter.
OAN - the sort of fake "news" source our resident idiot Trumpkins rely on for their "facts".
Old 06-09-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
With that first sentence I firmly agree. But I think we've succeeded in that arena better than any country on the planet - so far.

Regarding the second, no. It was not founded on the exploitation of others any more than any other country. Who built the railroads in the UK? Were those workers exploited. And how about how Japan treats the people of countries they conquer. And have you checked out the history of China, the various countries of the middle east, Africa, etc.

It is the human condition, only recently improved upon. We have a very long way to go, but we've also come a very long way. In most countries, the US being one of the best, if not THE best.

What is the second best, third, fourth?

If looking closely at the way other advance societies handled their similar issues. It should be very apparent the USA does fall behind. Just take schooling as an example. I'm sure it is apparent the drastic inequities in school districts due to the use of property values in funding. Busing was a attempt at a solution. Not effective IMO.

As to the way this country was founded. Does not matter a hill of beans what other countries did or continue to do. This is a wrong committed and the need to address with a true accounting. There is a lot of wealth still in families and companies made of by the exploitation of others to this day.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:47 AM

Sean InsHannity Claims Trump Is Also A Victim Of Crooked Cops: ‘It’s Horrific’
Fox "News" host says it’s not the same as what happened to George Floyd, but “a bad cop is a bad cop.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sean-...b66095792b1181

ROFL
Old 06-10-2020, 09:49 AM

Fucker Carlson Rails Against Elmo And His Dad In Bonkers New Rant
The Fox "News" host isn’t happy about “Sesame Street” characters explaining protests to children.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tucke...b61417f817d4d2

Sigh.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Fucker Carlson Rails Against Elmo And His Dad In Bonkers New Rant
The Fox "News" host isn’t happy about “Sesame Street” characters explaining protests to children.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tucke...b61417f817d4d2

Sigh.
I didn't watch that but I think the notion of that would make a hilarious SNL skit.