Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:09 AM

Here's what I saw. I saw the police attempting to maintain a barricade and the crowd giving them a hard time about it. As the police attempted to re-position the crowd was challenging them and grabbing at the barricade, and pushing it back at the police. The film is edited or spliced, but then the police attempt to move the crowd back, and they refuse to move. The police take a few swings at some of the openly defiant folks, who had been yelling and taunting and pushing back. Then we see the green-shirted ass hole push his way to the front of the crowd and openly challenge the cops, taking a swing at one of them. That's when he gets his ass kicked. Rightly so, I suspect. Hell, even other protesters in the crowd were trying to restrain him. The police are yelling at the crowd to move back, and they refuse to comply.

You take a swing at a cop in what is already a pretty tense situation, what do you expect? Cops trying to get a crowd to move back and they won't, while openly challenging the police, what do you expect?

Last edited by whell; 10-20-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:58 AM

And maybe if our government did the right things the people asked them to do, and didn't live off the fat of the banks, then maybe we wouldn't need cops in the streets to beat the raped and pillaged masses into submission.

Nor would we need warriors to protect us from the cops.

It's pretty fuckin bad when we have to have someone that fights for your right to be free, have to put up the same fight in his own home town.

So much for For the people by the people...
Old 10-20-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
And maybe if our government did the right things the people asked them to do, and didn't live off the fat of the banks, then maybe we wouldn't need cops in the streets to beat the raped and pillaged masses into submission.

Nor would we need warriors to protect us from the cops.

It's pretty fuckin bad when we have to have someone that fights for your right to be free, have to put up the same fight in his own home town.

So much for For the people by the people...
Interesting take. Here's another:

The cops are there to keep the peace, maintain order, and protect the citizens. This may, at times, mean protecting citizens from other citizens.

I don't really care what those idiots thought they were "fighting" for. However, The video shows traffic snarled on the street behind the cops, and the cops are trying to keep the protestors in a certain area so that order can be maintained. The crowd took exception to this and some in the crowd took matters into their own hands and challenged the cops, first verbally and then physically.

From my perspective, its not about protecting the protestors from the cops. Its about the cops attempting to maintain order, the miscreant OWS crowd attempting to prevent that and challenge the cops, and forcing the cops to protect themselves.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Resident octogenarian

As I noted before they - the NYPD - are only earning the donation from J.P. Morgan - land of the free my arse.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:45 AM

Thanks for pointing that out Rob.. no one seems to remember that..

The cops are the 99% too. They need to stop and realize they are nothing more than every day citizens whoring their selves out for a measely paycheck...

Some are there because they like the "POWER" they have been given...

Sorry whell, you're not going to change my mind and make me think they are in the right in this case. If I was a cop I'd turn and walk away and say "You know what? These people are right. We're being screwed and they need to cause a change."

I could NEVER beat a fellow man because he's been stopmed and abused by his government and is so sick and tired of it he's taking it to the street. If the government would listen to the people, they wouldn't have had that many pissed off people in the streets.

NYPD is being paid to silence the people, not to maintain peace.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
As I noted before they - the NYPD - are only earning the donation from J.P. Morgan - land of the free my arse.
Don't understand Rob. Please explain!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:00 AM

You didn't see where JP Morgan gave the NYPD a 4.6 million donation just a few days after the protests started?

BTW, others have too..

http://stopforeclosurefraud.com/2011...upywallstreet/

and another spin http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2224150AAhvG08

Last edited by simi; 10-20-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:03 AM

Nope, I didn't. I am sure it is just a coincidence....
Old 10-20-2011, 09:03 AM

BTW, if you type in JP Morgan 4.6 million donation in the news section of google.. you get this..

I'm getting REALLY pissed at google..

Your search - jp morgan 4.6 million donation - did not match any documents.

OK.. jp morgan NYPD donation got this.. a little better..

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...w=1247&bih=767

The Jack boots of the banking industry grinding harder on our necks..
Old 10-20-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Do you really think the FIRST thing on a cop's mind when faced with an unruly crowd, including folks pushing them and taking swings at them, is who ponied up for a donation?