Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:28 AM

They may not care where it came from, but they are loving all the OT they're getting to buy bigger Christmas presents with.

The should be thanking OWS for that huge bouns.....
Old 10-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I'm not pro cop brutality, although I think they should rough up thugs.

I'm also not pro-Greek rioting either.

Pete
Old 10-20-2011, 10:47 AM

i believe in what ever it takes to cause change for the better. I'd much rather see it done peacefully, but when Unkle has an endless stream of cash in his hands, he's not going to let go easily.

Some times you gotta kick the dick-tater in the balls to get his attention..

We didn't earn our freedom from England by pouring them a cup of tea and having a chat over crumpets.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

So, you alls are going to fight for - nothing?

I admire your dedication. But word to the wise, start rioting and public opinion will turn against the movement.

Btw, the American Revolution was one of the few that happened to keep things the same. And on of the very very few that didn't become coopted by a dictator of one sort or the other.

Pete
Old 10-20-2011, 01:47 PM

Cities pass laws to keep people in line like needing permits to assemble, do not block the sidewalk or the street when protesting so that the police can escalate the situation by using silly laws to beat down the masses and when the masses fight back the fun really starts.

I have seen the white shirts, the bosses, try to escalate the situation like Tony Baloney did when he pepper sprayed Innocent people corralled inside a fence. These tactics are not acceptable. We have a document that this country lives by, it is the US Constitution. We need go no farther than the first amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That is the only law that needs to be followed. Police beating up on peaceful demonstrators is a violation of their Constitutional rights. All the silly laws put in place to control peaceful demonstrators and hopefully create a riot are unconstitutional. These peoples civil rights are being violated.

Wall Street and Washington should be very afraid about what is going on. If this does escalate I don't think the National Guard is going to gun anyone down like they did at Kent State. It is more than likely they will turn on the elite assholes that have sent them to war for ten years and when they finally get out there is no good health care for them, no real programs to deal with PTSD, no counseling to put torn apart families back together after three to five 15 month deployments, and more importantly NO JOBS.

Military veterans are getting it. The rich folks that sent them to war don't give a damn about them. You have served your purpose now go away and don't bother me I am busy foreclosing on your house you can't pay for because you are too lazy to get a job.

BTW, I posted the full video of Sargent Thomas somewhere here.

One more thing. The only reason any cops should be on the streets is to protect the peaceful demonstrators.

Last edited by wgrr; 10-20-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:23 PM

You da man wgrr.. Thanks!

Too many laws dictating peaceful protests.. and when you do that, then that's why the natives start getting restless when they can't use their own given rights.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
You da man wgrr.. Thanks!

Too many laws dictating peaceful protests.. and when you do that, then that's why the natives start getting restless when they can't use their own given rights.
Yeah, baby. I'm going to head down to my local crowded theater right now and start yelling about a fire. Freedom of speech, dontcha know. No one's going to curtail my rights!

Last edited by whell; 10-20-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
One more thing. The only reason any cops should be on the streets is to protect the peaceful demonstrators.
If the videos Simi is posting, as well as some of the comments in this thread, are any indication, peaceful demonstrators are going to start getting harder to find.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Yeah, baby. I'm going to head down to my local crowded theater right now and start yelling about a fire. Freedom of speech, dontcha know. No one's going to curtail my rights!
When speech harms other people then limits are placed on that speech. Slander and libel are other good examples of this. If I were to publish or broadcast the statement that X is a child molester, and that is not true, that would be wrong and X could sue me for it. Free speech rights are not absolute. If it is proven that X is a child molester then I would be vindicated because truth is an absolute defense.

We are talking about unarmed citizens of this country exercising their right to assemble and voice their opinion about our government and it's failure to protect us from Wall Street. The 99% was harmed by the banksters and their phony paper they traded in and bet against to the extent of causing a global financial meltdown. Protesting to point out what Wall Street has done to us is not shouting fire in a crowded theater.

Everyone loves to point at Greece. The main reason they are in financial trouble is because they invested in Goldman Sachs voodoo financial investments that Moody and others gladly stamped AAA on that turned out to be turds. Goldman propped up Greece long enough to get out with little or no blame. Just like in Greece here the 99% are asked to bail out the banksters with "austerity programs". This austerity bullshit started to happen in this country until these protests started.

Two weeks ago the media was wringing it's hands and talking about the horrible, terrible budget deficit that is a total non-issue in this countries overall economic situation at this time. It is the Jude Wanniski "two Santa clause theory"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jude_Wanniski

Basically it goes like this. When Republicans are in power they lower taxes and spend like drunken sailors in a whore house after a year at sea. Then when Democrats get power the money is all spent, so instead off improving very successful programs like Social Security you have Republicans screaming that we have to reduce the budget deficit by gutting Social Security, a program that does not affect the budget of this country at all, and is very popular to all but the Wall Street banksters who desperately want to gamble with the 2.6 trillion in the SS trust fund that Reagan created and doubled FICA taxes to insure the trust fund was solvent for many years to come.

The phony budget deficit problem has faded from all the corporate news outlets except for Fox News. Now they are reporting on the need for jobs. Without OWS this never would have happened.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:29 PM

Interesting perspective, though not entirely reflective of actual events. Can you point out anytime in the past 10 years where any DC politician, Repub or Dem, has significantly reduced the budget deficit?