Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-21-2021, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
We've never had a pure democracy in the USA.

The United States, under its Constitution, is a federal, representative, democratic republic. Meaning that we get to vote for people that are supposed to represent us in the decision making.

More or less. Take for example, our votes for President of the USA. It's done by an electoral college. My presidential vote gets tossed out in Kansas, unless I vote for the Republican candidate. It's been that way since Eisenhower was elected.

So off my representatives go to Washington. You think they care about what I think ? I'm working class poor, most likely I'll end up homeless thanks to all this upheaval. Money wins the elections, greases the wheels (and look where the money comes from).

IMHO, Joe Biden has the most integrity of any President since Jimmy Carter.

And he's going to get crushed by circumstances, just like Carter, inflation, etc.

Personally, I think this is the beginning of a new phase of the Biblical Tribulation.

(edit---Ronald Reagan had a lot of integrity, but that show was ran by George H. W. Bush).
Spare me the democracy definition spiel.

As for your vision of the coming election it's too soon to know what will happen.

Last edited by Mark B; 12-21-2021 at 02:43 AM.
Old 12-21-2021, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
Spare me the democracy definition spiel.
You don't like the First Amendment to our Constitution ?

Old 12-21-2021, 08:07 AM

The extremist right movement never made a secret of what they want to do or have been planning for.

It is the majority of the country ignored or laughed away the thought.
Old 12-21-2021, 08:56 AM

Where Newt and Rush were taking the country.
https://www.newsweek.com/2021/12/31/...953.html?amp=1
Old 12-21-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
The extremist right movement never made a secret of what they want to do or have been planning for.

It is the majority of the country ignored or laughed away the thought.
How could the rest of us prevented this from happening ?

You're saying the 1990s ban on assault style weapons should have been left in place ?

The ban was lifted thanks to millions of dollars exchanging hands.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:29 AM

Education and integration of cultures to start. Allowing the spread of hate and untruths by the use of media outlets. With little in the way of combating due to the argument of "free speech". Their should be limits to the ability of spreading outright lies as truths, unfounded conspiracies, within "free speech".

The controlling of private militias is where the failure is more the any bans. The part about a well regulated militias was overlooked. I personally see little need for a citizen to own a AR-15 styled weapon, even though personally do. Feel the way to go at the weapon issue is through registration, licensing, training and insuring for ownership. Any sale to be recorded, any.
Thinking the removal will never happen as long as there are free elections out of the politicians fears of election.
Old 12-21-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
We've never had a pure democracy in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
I'm concerned that too many Americans are oblivious to the existential threat that radical Republicans pose to our republic.
Quote:
How could the rest of us prevented this from happening ?
How about our leadership recognize the threat and start treating it as such? Appeasing an enemy never works. Right now the Republican party led by the extremists in the party is as much a threat to our democratic republic as any foreign power. Only they're not using guns & bullets.

There, fixed it. Happy now? The GOP wants total control of the country and they're slow walking us in that direction. Absolute power and we know where that leads.

Quote:
Allowing the spread of hate and untruths by the use of media outlets. With little in the way of combating due to the argument of "free speech". Their should be limits to the ability of spreading outright lies as truths, unfounded conspiracies, within "free speech".
The Reich-Wing extremists are using the banner of "free speech" against us. Maybe we can use statutes of sedition against them but someone(s) in a leadership position will have to bite the bullet and go after them. Maybe if the next insurrection fails something will be done.

Last edited by RickeyM; 12-21-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-21-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
How about our leadership recognize the threat and start treating it as such? Appeasing an enemy never works. Right now the Republican party led by the extremists in the party is as much a threat to our democratic republic as any foreign power. Only they're not using guns & bullets.

There, fixed it. Happy now? The GOP wants total control of the country and they're slow walking us in that direction. Absolute power and we know where that leads.

The Reich-Wing extremists are using the banner of "free speech" against us. Maybe we can use statutes of sedition against them but someone(s) in a leadership position will have to bite the bullet and go after them. Maybe if the next insurrection fails something will be done.

It might be that the fear of losing in court, not just in public opinion. That is slowing down and preventing charges right. For the loss in court would be devastating blow and further embolden them greatly.

The strategic planning so far leaves me disappointed. They seem to be a step or two behind the extremists. Time to get medieval and go in for the kill is now. Press charges of sedition and treason forgoing this dog and pony show in the house. Get some real teeth with the full weight of the justice department FBI homeland security ect.....
Old 12-21-2021, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Get some real teeth with the full weight of the justice department FBI homeland security ect.....
That's how the Nazis took over in Germany; create the chaos and then quell it.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:23 AM

Quote:
That's how the Nazis took over in Germany; create the chaos and then quell it.
Look at what happened leading up to and on the 6th then since. This was and still is attempting to takeover by force. Not liken to the Nazi party. They were in power, using force to eliminate any and all opposition.
Here we see a group not willing to accept the outcome, wanting to hold onto power at all costs. Luckily they did not have a plan and people set up long enough in advance this time. They are not making the same mistakes this time.

This was acts of treason and insurrection plain and simple. Thinking that somehow because this is the United States will prevent any group from succeeding is folly. It is scary that in this country a simple 51% of the vote in the electoral collage can change it from a democracy to a dictatorship.

If you feel the need to, think of what is gonna happen once the cult seizes power. They will be out for blood, retribution, payback. Also will use the power now in control of to suppress eliminate free speech and all opposition. Concentrating power so fast that there will no time to stop it from happening. Taking weapons away from all they choose, no second for non cult members....
There is you connection to the Nazi's!

Last edited by Oerets; 12-22-2021 at 05:26 AM.