Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Area Man

The GOP, the Nazis and Jesus..............

http://atheism.about.com/od/adolfhit...itlerJesus.htm

While watching a History Channel segment on the Rise of the Third Reich, my interest was piqued as they briefly detailed Hitlers personal spiritual beliefs and the way he used them to hook otherwise decent Germans into supporting the Nazi cause. It seems that early on he saw himself as a crusader for Jesus and (what he perceived as) Christian values. This is also how he billed himself to the German voter; A staunchly moral and highly patriotic German determined to return the Fatherland to a nation devoted to defending Christendom from inferior religions while strengthening the economy and establishing Germanys "rightful place" as the world leader.

Sound familiar?

Now, we all know what a depraved, monstrous beast he turned out to be once the thin veil fell away. Rather than lead his nation to greatness, his dream led them to shame and despair. A great nation, destroyed from within by a man obsessed with the notion of national exceptionalism and invincibility and it's exclusive relationship with the Almighty.

Are some of us making the same mistake?

I await your input.

Dave
Old 09-20-2013, 10:34 AM
reflexionar

Obama???
Old 09-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Mutated Member

There was one problem with the young Führer then (a fucking loser and nothing else at that time). When he was a teen he obviously did not start to wank, therefore the crappy nazi-spunk dammed up to his brain which made him a mental monster.

Jesus a "fighter", ahhh that's typical. How insane is that again? We should not take serious a single remark of that sick motherfucker. Twenty years ago I read the first 100 pages of "Mein Kampf" - yes it was a fight, I permanently was in danger to fall asleep. Sick boring crap. No thrill. Racism and anti-semitism moderately presented page by page by page...

I cannot understand that oral farts of this tyrant are still an issue for discussions. It is always the same, anything he pretended, anything he expressed and stated any time in his life was focused on one goal - getting the ruler of the world and the destroyer of the jewish people.

Just my 2 German cents.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 09-20-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Loyal Opposition

Sorry if I am threadcrapping here, but the talk of the Hitler era made me think of this question for HK. We (being the US) have engaged in serious rationalization over the years over being the only country to use the A-bomb. Is that fact considered monstrous in your neck of the woods?

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Obama???
Nah. "God, Guns and Ammo" anyone?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Sorry if I am threadcrapping here, but the talk of the Hitler era made me think of this question for HK. We (being the US) have engaged in serious rationalization over the years over being the only country to use the A-bomb. Is that fact considered monstrous in your neck of the woods?

Regards,

D-Ray
I do not understand your last sentence, probably you mean: "How do you classify the horror of the A-bomb 68 years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki?"

It was an evil evil time. 60 million victims all over the world. Pearl Harbor. London bombings. Concentration camps. Destruction, devastation, extinction everywhere. I cannot extract the A-bomb from all the other incidents which happened then.

I think our task is remembering. I mean a constructive remembering today, just in this moment, because this remembering shapes our responsibility for our future and the future of the forthcoming generations.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
I do not understand your last sentence, probably you mean: "How do you classify the horror of the A-bomb 68 years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki?"

It was an evil evil time. 60 million victims all over the world. Pearl Harbor. London bombings. Concentration camps. Destruction, devastation, extinction everywhere. I cannot extract the A-bomb from all the other incidents which happened then.

I think our task is remembering. I mean a constructive remembering today, just in this moment, because this remembering shapes our responsibility for our future and the future of the forthcoming generations.
I suppose I am asking how credible we are in our stern opposition to weapons of mass destruction, having been the only nation to use an atomic weapon.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Mutated Member

I think it is not useful to mix history with current politics. You try to construct a paradoxon. It is not necessary. We have to solve current problems. We need rational solutions for all those ABC-weapon-threats all over the world.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
I think it is not useful to mix history with current politics. You try to construct a paradoxon. It is not necessary. We have to solve current problems. We need rational solutions for all those ABC-weapon-threats all over the world.
Living in the Kansas City area might make me more aware of our nuclear history, in that this area was the home of President Truman, who had the final say in the use of the bomb. His museum and library devote considerable attention to the issue.

But I do appreciate your practical approach to the subject. We have no control over the past, but can still have some hope for the future.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Living in the Kansas City area might make me more aware of our nuclear history, in that this area was the home of President Truman, who had the final say in the use of the bomb. His museum and library devote considerable attention to the issue.

But I do appreciate your practical approach to the subject. We have no control over the past, but can still have some hope for the future.

Regards,

D-Ray
Well - that of course explains your attitude which was a bit strange to me - now not any more.