Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-21-2022, 09:56 AM

Meaning of Vaccine From Oxford Dictionary:

Quote:
a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
Where does it imply anything about transmission? In fact it was amplified that if a person is immunized, the disease can still be transmitted, which is why masks were mandated and/or recommended.

In my company here with 25+ people, all of us were (multi) vaccinated except for one MAGAt. Once the masks came off, more than half the people got sick with Covid, all of them with very mild symptoms. The MAGAt got it last and he was out for TWO weeks with bad case of Covid.
Old 10-21-2022, 10:24 AM
Ready

People tend to think of "providing immunity" as "providing complete immunity." And similarly of "preventing disease" as "completely preventing disease." But the situation is not binary, and disease of reduced severity is one on the possible vaccine results.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:20 PM

I'm getting annoyed with the whole thing.

Had to get my immunization card to visit my dad at the nursing home. Got to the nursing home and they didn't want to look at the card. They let anyone in just by checking 'yes' on a sheet of paper.

Then my employer made immunization mandatory for a short while before the Supreme Court ruled against this. The people who weren't immunized (the majority of employees) could just tell them 'hell no'. But because I said yes, I had to prove I wasn't lying. Had to send a picture of my card on a smart phone app that didn't work. Took me three weeks to get confirmation that my employer had the proof they needed.

Then I was part of a mandatory health screening at work. Had to give myself the nasal torture of the swabs. The results came back negative, I said 'I guess the vaccine works'. They said, 'Oh, you were vaccinated ? You didn't have to do the swab test. We had no way of knowing'. I was even carrying my card in my pocket that day, but they didn't ask if I was vaccinated prior to the swabs.

I'm not getting a dozen shots annually for every possible mutation of Covid.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:34 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post

Had to get my immunization card to visit my dad at the nursing home. Got to the nursing home and they didn't want to look at the card. They let anyone in just by checking 'yes' on a sheet of paper.

Then my employer made immunization mandatory for a short while before the Supreme Court ruled against this. The people who weren't immunized (the majority of employees) could just tell them 'hell no'. But because I said yes, I had to prove I wasn't lying. Had to send a picture of my card on a smart phone app that didn't work. Took me three weeks to get confirmation that my employer had the proof they needed.

Then I was part of a mandatory health screening at work. Had to give myself the nasal torture of the swabs. The results came back negative, I said 'I guess the vaccine works'. They said, 'Oh, you were vaccinated ? You didn't have to do the swab test. We had no way of knowing'. I was even carrying my card in my pocket that day, but they didn't ask if I was vaccinated prior to the swabs.

Wants some cheese with that whine?
Old 10-21-2022, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Wants some cheese with that whine?
Medium Cheddar, wedged just so. Room temperature.

Old 10-21-2022, 04:47 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:

WTF!
You need to contact NETFLiX.
That is a super script.

Last edited by Dondilion; 10-21-2022 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
WTF!
Maybe I could just over-dub a Lauren Boebert video.

She's better looking.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
When it comes to Covid, best is to cut the authorities some slack. To begin with, the disease was thrust upon us with very little warning. And the disease proved to be quite fatal initially which causes fear and confusion. Under the circumstances, the medical and scientific community has performed an amazing job of developing vaccines.

Medicine is not an exact science. And Trumpers have made it a lot more difficult than it was needed to be. So best is to comply and not question the logic or the justification.

A month ago I got carded for buying Clausthaler non-alcoholic beer (because technically there cannot be a 0% beer) since the store had a strict age verification policy.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
WTF!
That is a super script.
'First World Problems to Moan About'?
Old 10-21-2022, 08:44 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Maybe I could just over-dub a Lauren Boebert video.

She's better looking.
You must be butt ugly then. She's a skank.