Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Bush and his handlers treated 9/11 as a golden opportunity to clamp down on individual liberties. And yes, one of the most cogent critiques of the Obama administration is that they have not done enough to reverse the post-9/11 power grab.

Regards,

D-Ray
And this is why the Constitution needs to be adhered to. I screamed like a S.O.B. when Bush was pulling all this crap & my "Conservative" allies treated me as if I was a friend of the terrorists.

I actually got into a fist fight with a Phoenix bus driver over this subject. We didn't agree on this subject & he took a swing at me. After that, I took out all the dislike I have for the Feds on his head. He not only got stomped, he lost his job as well.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Post 9-11 was an unusual time I think. Both parties followed their leaders who appear to have been in very close agreement.

Pete
Yeah no one was really jumping up and down yelling Stop! to the Bush Adminstratrion. That includes me too.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
So how did those two repay us?
They repaid us handsomely by exposing the criminal and unconstitutional actions of the government.

Quote:
How do you know that Manning has not been responsible for outings overseas in which pro-Americans have been hurt or killed?
C'mon, Robbin! You know better than that.

John
Old 03-07-2014, 10:50 AM

Besides Snowden is in bed with Mr Anschluss as we speak.

Manning was young and immature so I think his sentence was pretty fair..he can get out someday.

Snowden? I would throw him under the bus if I saw him...figuratively of course.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
They repaid us handsomely by exposing the criminal and unconstitutional actions of the government.

C'mon, Robbin! You know better than that.

John
you do not know what Wiki-leaks has wrought.

plus in the future pro-Americans in dangerous places may be less willing to help us because of Wiki-leaks

Yes I am a Cold War liberal people always forget that for some reason.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:57 AM

There are unemployed people who would kill to have an job like Snowden..and they would not beytray the United States either if they had such employment.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It would be interesting to see what Al would've done. I remember the 08 primaries, Hillary tried to be the responsible one talking about a phased withdrawal (which was already underway) while Obama said 10 months and out no exceptions.

Regardless:

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members...

It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well, effects American security.

This is a very difficult vote, this is probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make. Any vote that might lead to war should be hard, but I cast it with conviction."

Hillary

And this:

"Clinton told King: "People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

Bill July 03

I am unsure of whether we should've or shouldn't have. Regardless it wasn't personal.

Pete
Old 03-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Yeah no one was really jumping up and down yelling Stop! to the Bush Adminstratrion. That includes me too.
I seem to recall this Illinois Senator...

I'm looking for the speech when I first noticed our current President but I cannot find it. As a guess, it was in IL. Direct quotes are Iraq is a "bad war" and that we should bring Vets home "right."

It was outdoors and there were lots of people.

That was the day I unabashedly thought, "it really doesn't matter if there are WMD's, it's not as if Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. This is just dumb. Past then, I started pressing that point home every opportunity I got.)

Of course, there were no WMD's.

That's the day I went from a closet GWB hater to openly fuck 'em.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
you do not know what Wiki-leaks has wrought.

plus in the future pro-Americans in dangerous places may be less willing to help us because of Wiki-leaks

Yes I am a Cold War liberal people always forget that for some reason.
I doubt any of us fully knows the results of Wiki-leaks' disclosures but I think you're sort of turning things on their heads. If there have been dire consequences stemming from the Wiki-leaks revelations, the responsibility for them, in my view, sits squarely on the shoulders of our government. If they hadn't committed, or covered up, these crimes, there would have been nothing to "leak" and there would have been no blow-back.

John
Old 03-07-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
There are unemployed people who would kill to have an job like Snowden..and they would not beytray the United States either if they had such employment.
How is telling the American people that their government is violating our laws and our constitution and trampling on our rights in any sense a betrayal of the US?

John