Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I found this to be helpful in my quest to understand the liberal "mind".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjfAF...eature=related
I just wish it would help liberals.

Harboring that level of perceptive dysfunction certainly supports the idea that Krauthammer's observation on conservative's view of liberals might just hold some truth.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Didn't that guy lie, too?
Joe the plumber got a tax cut. It was part of the stimulus program.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-13-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
It must have rather sucked to have grown up for so long hating what America was all about. I guess Obama is their dream come true now.
WTF?

So if you support Obama and the Democrats you hate America?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I just wish it would help liberals.

Harboring that level of perceptive dysfunction certainly supports the idea that Krauthammer's observation on conservative's view of liberals might just hold some truth.
I'll tell you what, the so called stupid people here have proven themselves on this board to be quite thoughtful and capable of expressing themselves in a reasonable and logical manner. Many of us bring the credentials to support such intellectual capabilities. I know that Finn has a couple of graduate degrees in engineering. I graduated in the top 5% of my law school class. There are plenty of other people here who are quite capable of presenting a reasoned argument without having to plagiarize bloggers. I've read enough of your trolling. Thank goodness we have Pete helping out now, so that I can afford to put you on my ignore list.

D-Ray
Old 08-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Ouch. That left a mark.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:33 PM

They are just slogans anyway. Or talking points. Or whatever people want to call them.

In the end it is congress that makes that laws. Not the president. All he can do is veto, play army, and run his agencies to the extent that their leaders feed him info.

Sure the president gets all the air time he wants but that's only good for trying to build a consensus around an issue. But again congress has to bite or it's just a wasted effort.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter that much who is the president with respect to the laws that get written or erased. The people that need to be watched are the congress critters and senators. But we don't do that because it's boring. Instead we are trained to look at the distraction of the presidential election and jawjack ourselves into a big cloud of hot air.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:33 PM

The Romney/Ryan ticket has you liberals being extra touchy today. I am not surprised. I'd be scared too if I were running against them.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
They are just slogans anyway. Or talking points. Or whatever people want to call them.

In the end it is congress that makes that laws. Not the president. All he can do is veto, play army, and run his agencies to the extent that their leaders feed him info.

Sure the president gets all the air time he wants but that's only good for trying to build a consensus around an issue. But again congress has to bite or it's just a wasted effort.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter that much who is the president with respect to the laws that get written or erased. The people that need to be watched are the congress critters and senators. But we don't do that because it's boring. Instead we are trained to look at the distraction of the presidential election and jawjack ourselves into a big cloud of hot air.
Yup, and the tea party members in congress have shown us what they want for this country time and again. They want it to fail so they can try and be a new set of "founding fathers". Problem is they don't understand the folks we call "founding fathers" today were doing everything they could to get away from folks like the tea party members of Congress.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
The Romney/Ryan ticket has you liberals being extra touchy today. I am not surprised. I'd be scared too if I were running against them.
I know us independents are not worried and I doubt that the liberals here are worried that much either.

Romney adding Ryan to the ticket was just more of the same desperation shown when McCain chose Palin. Remember, all us McCain supporters got excited as we had a woman on the ticket now and that should equal out the black dude on the opposite side. Well, now you have a Tea Party guy on the ticket and the base feels like they got it in the bag again, just like four years ago. I think it's gonna turn out much the same as it did four years ago.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Yup, and the tea party members in congress have shown us what they want for this country time and again. They want it to fail so they can try and be a new set of "founding fathers". Problem is they don't understand the folks we call "founding fathers" today were doing everything they could to get away from folks like the tea party members of Congress.
And I hear you there. People like Rush and Beck rewrote history and the Tea Party ate it up. The Tea Party, from a historical perspective, I think more parallels the Redcoats in political philosophy and that's ironic. In fact for me it's downright frustrating. It has put me at odds with my own redneck friends and that's messed up.