in keeping this site going.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Persona non grata

Alabama Police Officer Arrested

Another day, another thug cop.

How many more are there out there?

My guess, a lot.

Quote:
A police officer in northern Alabama was arrested Thursday amid accusations he badly injured an Indian man who was visiting relatives.

Officer Eric Parker was charged with assault, according to police in Madison, Alabama. The department's police chief, Larry Muncey, said that he recommended Parker be fired.

Sureshbhai Patel said he was visiting his son's family when he was stopped by police on Feb. 6 while walking in the neighborhood. A man had reported him as a suspicious person, according to a 911 call released by police.

Dashcam video released by police shows an officer throwing Patel, 57, to the ground. In a lawsuit filed in federal court, Patel alleges that he suffered a severe neck injury that left him partially paralyzed.

Patel's attorney says he speaks little English and was accosted because of his brown skin, according to The Associated Press.

The FBI is investigating, according to Madison police. Parker did not have an attorney, the Associated Press reported.
continue

Last edited by Tom Joad; 02-13-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 PM

Waiting to read Zeke explain that a body slam for non-compliance is a GOOD THING!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:50 PM
Admin

That's effed up.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:08 AM
Ready

I don't understand. After they slammed him to the ground, injuring him, they told him to get up. They told him repeatedly, but he never did. Why didn't they beat him until he complied with the order to get up?
Old 02-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Ready

TYhe next video on that site revisits the case of the man shot for reaching back into his vehicle for his wallet, when ordered to produce his license. This officer has suffered severe consequences. He has been fired, and is now being prosecuted for felony assault and battery. he faces up to 20 years in jail.

His defense is that the subjects actions caused him to fear for his own safety and the safety of others. Well, that should win the case for him, shouldn't it? How can police function if their judgement in the field isn't going to be accepted, no matter how ridiculous and unfounded? What if the guy HAD been going for a gun? Sure, there was no reason to think he was, except that he was a scary black male, but should an officer have to take such a chance?

Last edited by donquixote99; 02-14-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:58 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
Waiting to read Zeke explain that a body slam for non-compliance is a GOOD THING!
I don't care how Zeke responds to this, or if he responds at all.

I hate the son of a bitch and nothing he says or does will change that.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 02-14-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:50 AM

A recent arrival hailing from a poor village in India would be totally in awe walking through an American suburban neighborhood. Just about everything would seem very strange as if it's a different planet. Neighbors probably mistook his curiosity for peeking and voyeurism.

The cops OTOH should have known better and behaved professionally, especially after finding out that he did not understand any English and looked harmless. But then we know by now their rules for engagement.

At least in this instance the cop got fired (after some pressure like in Seattle?).
Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
A recent arrival hailing from a poor village in India would be totally in awe walking through an American suburban neighborhood. Just about everything would seem very strange as if it's a different planet.
It can happen to anyone in an area they are unfamiliar with.

It happened to me the first time I went out for a walk right after I moved in to the neighborhood I now live in. I got lost and ended up wandering around for a half an hour before I found my street again.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:55 PM
Banned

After all these posts how can you guys still not get it? You have to comply. Cop say suck my dick. Suck his dick and you're fine. Don't suck his dick and you're paralyzed.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
It can happen to anyone in an area they are unfamiliar with.

It happened to me the first time I went out for a walk right after I moved in to the neighborhood I now live in. I got lost and ended up wandering around for a half an hour before I found my street again.
These days, often I find myself wandering around in the basement for a half an hour before I remember why I went down there.