Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Could you explain this a little, Ed? What about this isn't a big deal?
I answered this, the freakin post is missing...

again, I could care less if wifey found out

that said, the hackers should be found and throw in jail for whatever the max is
Old 08-22-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
You still believe info when deleted is gone forever never to be found? Only safe way is to smash the HD!

Barney
Actually, that's not strictly true but it's beside the point. If true, Ashley Madison took money with the assurance that the information in the closed account would be disappeared. That didn't happen.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Actually, that's not strictly true but it's beside the point. If true, Ashley Madison took money with the assurance that the information in the closed account would be disappeared. That didn't happen.
To early to know just how the info was found. AM if negligent is one thing but in this day and age with servers and hackers, NSA who knows what is safe.

Barney
Old 08-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Pardon my schadenfreude but anytime one of these faux Christian Bible thumping Jesus weasels gets exposed for being a hypocrite, I'm good with it.

ps It would be nice if the hacker got a time out in Riker's or Rayford, Fla. for their trouble.
I like the part about the Jesus Weasel getting outed, but the hacking part bothers me too. If they can do this to Ashley Madison, they can do it to Home Depot. And while it isn't as embarrassing to have your power tool purchases exposed as it is your illicit hook-ups having your personal info out there for anyone looking to steal your identity is double plus ungood.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:50 PM

IMO, it's too late. Almost all personal information is now on the internet if you know how to get it except for the medical records (from what I know).
Old 08-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Persona non grata

Now this is hilarious!

It was a scam

https://www.yahoo.com/health/why-wom...717676167.html

Quote:
A new analysis shows most of the 5.5 million profiles for women on the site were actually fake.

An interesting new finding has surfaced after the data hack of infidelity website Ashley Madison: Almost none of the women in the Ashley Madison database actually used the site.

According to a data analysis conducted by Gizmodo, the vast majority of the 5.5 million profiles for women on Ashley Madison were fake. Among those that were real, fewer than 10,000 responded to a message from a would-be cheating partner and fewer than 1,500 ever checked their inbox. (That’s an incredibly small number of active users when compared with the 31 million accounts belonging to men.)

It seems as though Ashley Madison created a fantasy in which millions of men thought they could cheat with women who really weren’t there or all that interested in actually engaging in infidelity.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Banned

I can't see how this is important for anything except like noonereal said the hacker needs to be found and jailed.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
I can't see how this is important for anything except like noonereal said the hacker needs to be found and jailed.
Who is going to invest the time and money to investigate, find the hacker(s) and prosecute? Not with tax payer money.

AM made promises they could not keep, there are pending class action lawsuits, they will declare bankruptcy and close the site. Cheaters will go back to the old fashioned way and start hanging out in pickup bars.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Who is going to invest the time and money to investigate, find the hacker(s) and prosecute? Not with tax payer money.

AM made promises they could not keep, there are pending class action lawsuits, they will declare bankruptcy and close the site. Cheaters will go back to the old fashioned way and start hanging out in pickup bars.
You got a point, it's even not that important to spend any money on.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post

Wanna keep it quiet huh?

Why's that?

Was one of those 37 million accounts yours?