Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-12-2021, 09:24 AM
Banned

The term "People of Color" is racist and dishonest

People of color? Seriously?

Black people wish to be called black. That's what they call themselves. Calling them "colored people" is an insult. So how do you reverse that phrase, add a preposition and somehow it is no longer an insult?

Besides, if black people are people of color, what are caucasian people? No color? White people have all kinds of shade from pink to light orange and some olive skin tones.

People born in India have very dark skin. But they are considered ASIAN. People born in Russia appear white, but they are ASIAN as well.

And what about this idiotic "African American" crap? Egypt is in Africa. But they aren't part of the negro race. They have olive skin, similar to those from India, but they aren't African American.

What about white racists from South Africa? Are they African American as well?

If you want to advance humanity, you might try getting rid of the racism and just refer to every human on the planet as PEOPLE OF COLOR. We are ALL a "color."

Don't judge us by skin color. Judge us by our choices and our actions.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:07 AM
Ready

OK, a person is 'mixed race.' Do you, as a non-racist of course, want to insist they go in the black box, or the white box?
Old 02-12-2021, 12:13 PM

And again, not your call to make, OP.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:18 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
Don't judge us by skin color. Judge us by our choices and our actions.
What do you mean "us?"
Old 02-12-2021, 12:38 PM

Getting rid of the racism is going to involve more than referring to all of us as people of color or referring to them by their country of origin.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=Reason10;397969]People of color? Seriously?

You're making an intellectual argument that can only be reasoned by someone who is lily white. Here's how it really works: You see someone and you immediately racially profile them... to the best of your ability. They speak and you instantly make another assessment, immigrant?, Texan? or rural Floridian.
Without prejudice, of course.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:06 AM
Banned

People of color? Seriously?

That's the politically correct snowflake term we're forced to live with. And it is dishonest. There is no such thing as a person who has NO color at all. White is a color. But there are no actual WHITE people. Skin tones move from beige, light orange, to more olive tones.

You're making an intellectual argument that can only be reasoned by someone who is lily white.

That is unbelievably racist and dishonest. There are NO human beings on the plant Earth who are the exact color of a lily. Just call me a Honky and let it go at that.

Here's how it really works: You see someone and you immediately racially profile them... to the best of your ability.

Actually, everybody does that. And I mean EVERYBODY. The one thing that ALL races have in common is their innate distrust and curiosity of those who are different. It's not limited to the Caucasian race. Basically, not all humans are the same. We do not have all the same coloring. We don't all speak the same language. We don't all have the same level of education. We don't all have the same political views.

They speak and you instantly make another assessment, immigrant?, Texan? or rural Floridian.
Without prejudice, of course.

So far you liberals have been doing precisely that with me. You don't know my race, religion, etc. But you have already racially profiled me.

The fact that you profile Florida, the most intelligent state in the union in a negative fashion means you don't know what you're talking about.

Think of this as a new class you have to take. You're going to hear some views and opinions that are different from what you grew up with. If you wish to profile me like the other Wokies here, you're only engaging in the behavior you accuse me of.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
OK, a person is 'mixed race.' Do you, as a non-racist of course, want to insist they go in the black box, or the white box?
Interestingly enough, it was historical novelist Frank Yerby who authored all those novels about the 19th Century South (Fairoaks, Jarrett's Jade, The Foxes of Harrow, Benton's Row, etc) who referred to such mixed races as quadroons, octaroons, etc in an effort to define mixed races. His books dealt with slavery from many angles.

(Oh, and Yerby was a Democrat, Rush Limbaugh hating liberal right up to his death.)

In college Sociology class, the instructor began the course with that one drop of race blood definer. She then moved to other racist concepts as white flight. I was confused. She sounded like Guy Falks, from a Yerby novel, a slave owner. Then I saw a copy of the Utne Reader and it became all too clear.

Conservatives generally are uncomfortable with the color judging thing. We prefer to judge a person based on that person's views, actions and decisions. I mentioned that the phrase "people of color" is not only racist, it is dishonest. All people are people of color. In the Sixties, nobody had a problem with calling a black person a "colored person." Today blacks believe 'colored people" is an insult. George Carlin points out that "people of color" is just another way of saying "Colored people." He also points out that blacks prefer to be called black, (even though a lot of them come in lighter shades of black, some even in more Caucasian looking features.)

Liberals seem to want to use concepts of color to divide people. I find that distasteful as well as dishonest. Nothing good comes from dividing people. In the marketplace of ideas, it is the idea that should prevail, not the skin color of the person making the idea.

Republicans seem to have evolved from that mentality, but sadly no one else has.
As I intended to point out, there are people from India who have darker skin tones than blacks, but those from India are Asians.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Getting rid of the racism is going to involve more than referring to all of us as people of color or referring to them by their country of origin.
I have some really bad news for you. As long as there are liberal Democrats, there will be racism. And I'll even expand it further. There are certain Asian types who are racist beyond anything you can imagine. (In the mid-80s I was selling land to buyers who flew in from Europe. I remember both the Vietnamese and Filipino were extremely disgusted by the sight of other reps touring Jamaican customers. And they almost pushed me to the point where my real estate license would force me to stop doing business with them. In Florida law, it's called steering. Someone even mentions wanting a neighborhood based on race, you're supposed to just END the business relationship right there.)

Racism is only a part of the ignorance of prejudice that exists in the world. In folks with poor education (and so far, I'm noticing most of them are liberal Democrat) there is a fear and loathing of those who are different. Race is just part of the lexicon of items some low information folks use to profile anyone who is different. Without anybody even bothering to get to know me, the initial responses to my views have been the label of "troll." I haven't seen this level of ignorance since the days of Democrat George Wallace's supporters.

This might blow your mind. While in Orlando, I got to meet some Nigerian nationals. (I had a lawyer friend who handled their immigration.) This guy actually told me that American blacks were the inferior ones, the ones who allowed themselves to be sold into slavery. He claimed Africans used slavery (yes, Virginia, Americans didn't travel to Africa and just pluck slaves from the jungle) as a means of removing the trash from African societies. HIS WORDS, NOT MINE. And this guy was a black as the tires on your car.

I don't know why so many liberals want to take a dump on the uniquely AMERICAN practice of tearing down the racial barriers and actually criminalizing institutional prejudice. And of course, ALL those major legislative acts were done by conservative Republicans.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
What do you mean "us?"
Prepare yourself for a shock in logic.

US MEANS EVERYBODY. We are ALL a group of US. We ALL have a skin color. We ALL have unique abilities, cultures, capabilities. We are ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

It's only the liberal Democrats who look to divide us on the basis of appearance.

Some troll here referred to me as lily white. Have you people ever SEEN a lily? There is NO human being on the planet the color of a pure white lily. That's just a racist insult on the level that even transcends the N word.