Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:22 PM

You reap what you sow, Dems

http://asmdc.org/news-room/press-rel...-in-california

In recent days, we have become alarmed and disheartened by bullying tactics, threats of violence, and death threats by a few who disagree with the decision of Speaker Anthony Rendon to postpone the advancement of SB 562.

Well Dems, it ain't the NRA - types who are threatening you with violence. Its coming from your rabid, out of control left flank.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/06/2...death-threats/

The campaign for universal health care has also adopted some grisly imagery, targeted at Rendon, in recent days. Over the weekend, the head of the nurses’ union, RoseAnn DeMoro, circulated on social media an illustration depicting Rendon stabbing California in the back.

Some of Rendon’s critics have gone much further.

"I pray someone checks his schedule for baseball practice,” read one ominous Monday post on Twitter in response to Rendon, referencing a shooting this month in Washington that seriously injured House Majority Whip Steve Scalise while the Republican team was practicing for the annual congressional baseball game.

Of course, the union is playing the "shift the blame game".

Chuck Idleson, a spokesman for the California Nurses Association, said “obviously, no one that we know was involved” in making any such threats. He dismissed the matter as a “coordinated campaign” by Rendon and his corporate donors to steer media coverage away from the speaker’s decision and its implications for California.

“There are real death threats out there,” he said, “for people who are facing a loss of health care.”

So, not its the Dems in Cali that are going to kill people by denying them health benefits. Where have we heard this line of BS before?

Sad state of affairs when this becomes commonplace in political discourse.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:27 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
...Sad state of affairs when this becomes commonplace in political discourse.
You have your Dear Leader to thank for the coarsened nature of today's politics.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Ready

"You reap what you sow, Dems?" Sounds like a threat.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Admin

Pffffffttt... You've been watching too much Hannity, Mike.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:57 PM

Pathetic attempt at deflecting from the truly dangerous nutjob Trump supporters. Fail!
Old 07-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Pffffffttt... You've been watching too much Hannity, Mike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Pathetic attempt at deflecting from the truly dangerous nutjob Trump supporters. Fail!
I really don't think Whell is bright enough to understand that he's bought into the right wing bubble's constant projections about fake news, political violence, etc.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Ready

I have no idea how bright whell actually is. All we really see from him are piss marks on the tree.

Last edited by donquixote99; 07-03-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:10 PM

Principled discourse from Whell and zerojunk will sadly never be witnessed. I miss the sane section of the Republican Party.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Admin

'Hate crimes rise in California, state report says'

"California is seeing an increase in hate crimes.
There were 931 incidents in 2016, an 11.2% spike over 2015, the state Department of Justice reported Monday.

More than half of those involved bias based on race, ethnicity or national origin. The second-most-common incidents were based on sexual orientation.
Race-based hate crimes jumped 21.3%, the report said.

State Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra said the report is consistent with findings of an increase in national hate crimes motivated by biases against racial minorities, Muslims, people with disabilities, women, immigrants and the LGBTQ community.

“When someone commits a crime motivated by hate, it is not just an attack on one innocent person, but an attack on the entire State and our communities,” Becerra said in a statement. “We can see from today's report that words matter, and discriminatory rhetoric does not make us stronger but divides us and puts the safety of our communities at risk.”

Other findings of the report, which also looked at the 10-year trend:
Hate crimes with an anti-African American bias motivation continue to be the most common, accounting for 31.3% (3,262) of all hate crime events since 2007.

Hate crimes with a sexual-orientation bias are the second-most-common type of incident over the last 10 years, accounting for 22.2% in 2016.
Hate crimes with an anti-gay (male) bias increased 40.7% from 108 in 2015 to 152 in 2016.

Hate crimes with an anti-Jewish motivation continue to be the most common within the religion bias category, accounting for 11.1% (1,158) of events reported since 2007." LA Times

****http://www.latimes.com/politics/esse...htmlstory.html

Doesn't look like the hate is coming from the left to me. This type of crime is coming from the nativist right.

Sorry Mike but you're all wet.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

Doesn't look like the hate is coming from the left to me. This type of crime is coming from the nativist right.

Sorry Mike but you're all wet.
Damn those pesky facts! Not that whell and his master care about such trivialities.