Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:30 AM
Area Man

In some ways we practically share the same thoughts, Tom. Which is kind of worrisome for me. You are a little creepy after all............

Dave
Old 07-26-2014, 08:36 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Overall, employers are emboldened by the fact that there are so many desperate unemployed and underemployed people out there willing to eat whatever shit the employer hands them in order to get, or keep their jobs.
OH MY!!! We have another BINGO, folks!

I can remember when it was considered shameful to kick people while they are down. Now, thanks to Limbaughs Neo-Gekkoite Conservative Revolution it's not only acceptable to be a colossal dick, it's admired. In fact, it's downright un-American to NOT be a self absorbed pig.

Praise be to St. Ronnie and the Holy Republican Empire,

Dave
Old 07-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
You are a little creepy after all............

Dave
That's what she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_U377vst5o
Old 07-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Admin

Dang! Coffee all down the front of me.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Area Man

LOL!!!!

Dave
Old 07-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"I would like to share a story with you. It's a story about a chicken and a pig.

A chicken and a pig are walking down the road, when the chicken proposes the two of them start a restaurant. The pig asks, "What should we call this new restaurant?". To which the chicken replies, "Ham and Eggs."

See, that's the kind of dedication we need from you, our employees. We need more people like the pig, willing to sacrifice whatever it takes for the good of the business.......".

The pig gets to "sacrifice" his life and those of other pigs once he's gone. The chicken gets to lay eggs, live and collect the money.

This is what we were told in the monthly employee/management meeting last night, by our Plant Manager. Which, of course, was followed by the unveiling of the new shift schedule which will reduce the production employees to 34.5 hours a week.

No, I DO NOT LIKE what you "pro-business" types are turning my country into.

Dave
Want the lowdown on how all this happened?

and...

From the USA Today review...
Quote:
Smith shows how corporate chieftains in cahoots with their stockholders rather than their employees sold out those employees — sold them out with the blessing of U.S. senators, U.S. representatives, U.S. presidents, presidential appointees at executive branch agencies and a bare majority of U.S. Supreme Court Justices validating the decisions of mostly Republican-appointed lower court judges.
All about how, beginning in the early 1970's, American corporatists, the government we elected, and the courts changed the structure of how business is done in this country and created the environment for the dismantling of the middle class. It really started long before Limbaugh, it started with Moynihan and Kristol.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-28-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:02 AM

A corporation that works for the stockholders is one step removed from being an unethical scam to benefit insiders instead of being a proper business of commercial value.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
The lazy overcompensated bastards just sat in the break room drinking sodas and threatening to strike if anyone asked them to do some work.

Isn't that what you want to hear Pete?

Doesn't that fit nicely into your Ayn Randian worldview?
How did you know Tom? Scary.

One of the crappiest places I ever worked for was good enough to host Obama a few years back, Cardinal Fastener. Great place to be 'screwed'. But I did this amazing thing - I made a break for it. Even though they tried to shoot me for leaving my workstation I made it out alive.

Pete

Pete
Old 07-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
It's not that hard Pete.

You give yourself away with almost every post you make.

Like this one for example:

Quote:
One of the crappiest places I ever worked for was good enough to host Obama a few years back, Cardinal Fastener. Great place to be 'screwed'. But I did this amazing thing - I made a break for it. Even though they tried to shoot me for leaving my workstation I made it out alive.

Pete

Pete
Old 07-29-2014, 02:26 AM
Area Man

Quote:

Pete

Pete
Pete, Pete,

Problem is, problems are never really solved by everyone running. In fact that's how they spread.

Face it, things have been getting worse for working folks and have been for a long time. Ever since they were convince that protecting their own wages, benefits and working conditions was not in their best interest.

Everybody thinks it's guns that are going to protect them from losing their rights and the "American way of life". Anyone who believes that is bringing a gun to an economic fight. The gun being held to our heads isn't the kind that shoots bullets, it's the kind that deliberately causes economic disaster. 'Shut up, keep your head down and do as we say, or we'll cut off the money.', is the message that the Corporatists have sent. This is why every city or state where folks were once empowered to demand a better life has faced economic hardship.

Is this "Freedom"? To my mind the answer is "No". My evidence is the current state of affairs.

This is the point I have been trying to make only to watch it fall on deaf ears.

This is how we are controlled.

Dave