Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:16 PM

I just find the whole blunder highly entertaining. Lots of minorities are very religious. Hispanics for example, love love love Catholicism.
How many votes were lost with this little awakening? Did you see the look on the poor guy's face? How many good Christian democrats across this country had that same look on their face?
Old 09-06-2012, 02:26 PM

I don't see why the modern right is so wrapped around the axle over the issue. It's not as if they are using their Bibles for legislative guidance anymore. They have the atheist Ayn Rand for that.

And as for the Democrats with their ridiculous nonsense about America not being founded in religion. Puh-lease. While they might not recognize the religion it certainly is there. Or was. It's called natural law, aka Laws of Nature or Nature's God as referenced in the Declaration of Independence. Natural law has long been a part our jurisprudence and is practically indistinguishable from any major religion.

But no, Natural Law wasn't good enough. The Democrats, through the Clintons and Gore, introduced American jurisprudence to Ayn Rand's atheist bullshit of Money is God. They gave away American jobs with NAFTA, gave away Americans' savings with Gramm-Leach-Bliley, gave away the integrity of America's media system with the communications act of 1996, and said go forth and f*ck with each other in search of profits.

Now that they have opened Pandora's box and the right has grown to love it we are stuck with a mess. The Democrats have nothing to be proud of with regard the atheist makings of our quandry. Nothing.

A fundamental notion of Natural Law is that you can give away your own shit but not someone elses'. The Clintons and Gore didn't build that. The Greatest Generation did.

And what did we get for all of that atheist deregulation free market bullshit? Worldcomm debacle. Stock market collapse. Joblessness. Runaway trade deficits. Bankrupt municipalities. A divided national body politic that's run by ginormous assed networks instead of the states. Hell, if the Clinton/Gore team had been successful in arguing for energy deregulation then we could even thank them for Enron. But for the grace of God only atheist California took the bait and did it at a state level. Bush took the PR hit but it was the Clintons that beat the drum and persuaded energy deregulation to happen in California in 1996 and Enron milked them dry.

Grrrrr.

Moral relativism will be the death of us. It's no wonder we are at the bottom of civilized nations on corruption perceptions. We are even with powerhouses such as Uruguay and Chile. And who are we trusting as our new big trade partners? Russia and China. Their indices are equivalent to those of African nations such as Nigeria and Mozambique.

I guess trading with Europe and getting Ferraris, Guccis, Benzos, Beemers and the like wasn't enough.

And just like Ayn Rand predicted we are all so much safer now. And more free.

Balls.

And for the right, please stop it with the so************************m bullshit. Teamwork isn't so************************m. Some things are better left to pooled money. And take a serious look at the messes that unrestrained free-market capitalism can make. I've heard over and over again from rednecks that remember local banks and making deals on a handshake. That stuff happened with REGULATED BANKING!

We've gone mad. Maybe another bubble of strip malls and Starbucks will fix it.

I need to stop. I'm already climbing the ceiling.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Conservatives shop at Starbucks?

Just kidding eb.

Pete
Old 09-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

A-HA!

We KNEW it!!

Pete
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM

Ah yes, the war on Christmas.

http://www.aynrand.org/site/News2?pa...rticle&id=5182
Old 09-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
God, those people are so twisted.........(Pun intended.)
Old 09-06-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
God, those people are so twisted.........(Pun intended.)
It seems that they have an article like that for every holiday, even Labor Day.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Area Man

"Religious Freedom" to me means having the right to choose ones own spiritual path and to tell pushy evangelicals to bugger off.

Politically, I find telling Republicans I'm an Agnostic makes it much harder for them to brainwash me with their ridiculous, fearmongering crap.

So, I think I'll stick with that.

Dave
Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Is this where I get to bring up the Congressional Chaplain?

Pete
Old 09-07-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

Is this where I get to bring up the Congressional Chaplain?

Pete

Also, from the Senate Chaplain site:

Quote:
Office of the Senate Chaplain
When the Senate first convened in New York City on April 6, 1789, one of its first orders of business was to appoint a committee to recommend a candidate for chaplain.
There is a difference between having religion in government and establishing a national religion. We have always had religion in government. Religion was the basis of our laws until the Clinton Administration. After he opened Pandora's box everyone wanted in.

That Clinton. He was good at opening boxes.