Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I don't like that word, and I'm sorry I opened this thread.
Try reading, dispassionately, what I posted Jay. You'll find I don't and never have used the "N" word. It's about a black reporter using it as an apt, albeit controversial descriptive term about your two favorite candidates attempts to marginalize a sitting president by labeling him as angry, hateful and divisive. I've already said all of this so I have to assume that you only read the title and responded. No worrys, man. I'll expand on the subject further.

A lot of Americans believe that racism is a dead issue and that the country has moved on to a utopian colorblind society. Nothing could be farther from the truth in my opinion and observations. It's strange how some folk look at my blue/gray eyes, shortish blond/gray hair and lily white skin and assume that I might share their bigoted ideas. Shit Jay, I could be a poster child for the Aryan Brotherhood. It has become much less frequent I must say but it still happens even out here in the promised land of liberalism-California. It doesn't even take any prompting to see casual bigotry raise it's ugly visage. Sad but true and probably even more prevalent in rural America than here on the so-called left coast.

The previously mentioned professor from Brown University said that one side benefit of this latest kerfuffle is that we as a country might discuss racism more openly and raise social awareness about the casualness of white racism in contemporary society. It's pretty common for whites to wonder openly why black men and women appear so angry but try to imagine how it feels for blacks and others who are different from the standard WASP image when they are treated so differently by cops and employers.

America has made strides forward but we need to be much more sensitive in our daily lives and interactions with each other.
You may think that Romney and Ryan's repeated assertions this past week that the President is "angry" are nothing worth raising a eyebrow about but to blacks in particular these words are just standard code to put them down.

Some have said that Romney already has the WASP vote so why would he do it. I think that it's a little more complicated than that. This is a very close race and neither side can afford to have any of their supporters stay away from the voting booth in November. So the way I see it is he's trying to solidify his support and guarantee voter turn out by lowering himself into this pandering to the small white supremacist block of voters in the republican base.

Romney isn't the most palatable candidate to his base due to his brand of Christianity. It may not bother you but there are a lot of people in the Republican base who have odd ideas about Mormons, unjustifiably so. Which is another difference that society would do well to get over and grow up about.

The purpose of this thread is to examine casual racism, not to increase divisiveness and/or brand anyone as a racist. Thanks for your indulgence, my friend.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:39 AM

Regardless of skin color, Obama is a leftist so************************t pig, anyway ya look at it.
If he gets re-elected, this nation will become the European States of Former America. Y'all will need to bend over and kiss your free ass goodbye

Sent from Meowy
Old 08-19-2012, 06:00 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKat View Post
Regardless of skin color, Obama is a leftist so************************t pig, anyway ya look at it.
If he gets re-elected, this nation will become the European States of Former America. Y'all will need to bend over and kiss your free ass goodbye

Sent from Meowy
No matter his skin color, Obama has governed like that extinct creature, the moderate Republican.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I got this story from the The Young Turks on CurrentTV today. Normally I would never use or repeat the 'N' word but in this case the MSNBC reporter who is black did characterize Romney and Ryan as trying to "niggerize" President Obama this week by their use of the terms, "angry, hateful and divisive". Mitt also suggested that the President "take it back to Chicago." Whatever that means? A professor from Brown University concurred with these allegations that this is coded hate speech. They do have a point in my opinion. Obama is angry or hateful? That is pure bullshit from where I sit. The man has bent over backwards to avoid giving credence to such crazy talk. It does smack of racism and it's straight from the horses ass. (Romney and Paul). I am not branding all Republicans as racist. There are some in the Democratic party too. Maybe these idjits will tone down their rhetoric after this and keep on the topic of policy instead of fanning the flames of the racist element in American society. One can only hope.
Fixed it for ya
Old 08-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:

Sent from Meowy
Have you ever been to Europe? This crap gets old very fast, especially as I have lectured in the Netherlands, Denmark, and England - we should be so free. Instead of having to kiss the ass of some pig of a CEO.

Compared to the people in the countries I mentioned Americans are overworked and underpaid.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Admin

Quote:

Sent from Meowy
Now there's an intelligent opinion, did you come up with that on your own or do you just get it from listening to Rush Limbaugh?
Old 08-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

Sent from Meowy
With all due respect (none), you're an impressionable doofus.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:

Sent from Meowy
Remember the story about him eating dog? Well, it was really cat and he said it was delicious.

John
Old 08-19-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Have you ever been to Europe? This crap gets old very fast, especially as I have lectured in the Netherlands, Denmark, and England - we should be so free. Instead of having to kiss the ass of some pig of a CEO.

Compared to the people in the countries I mentioned Americans are overworked and underpaid.
Agreed! Does our kitty friend even work?
Old 08-19-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Try reading, dispassionately, what I posted Jay. You'll find I don't and never have used the "N" word. It's about a black reporter using it as an apt, albeit controversial descriptive term about your two favorite candidates attempts to marginalize a sitting president by labeling him as angry, hateful and divisive. I've already said all of this so I have to assume that you only read the title and responded. No worrys, man. I'll expand on the subject further.

A lot of Americans believe that racism is a dead issue and that the country has moved on to a utopian colorblind society. Nothing could be farther from the truth in my opinion and observations. It's strange how some folk look at my blue/gray eyes, shortish blond/gray hair and lily white skin and assume that I might share their bigoted ideas. Shit Jay, I could be a poster child for the Aryan Brotherhood. It has become much less frequent I must say but it still happens even out here in the promised land of liberalism-California. It doesn't even take any prompting to see casual bigotry raise it's ugly visage. Sad but true and probably even more prevalent in rural America than here on the so-called left coast.

The previously mentioned professor from Brown University said that one side benefit of this latest kerfuffle is that we as a country might discuss racism more openly and raise social awareness about the casualness of white racism in contemporary society. It's pretty common for whites to wonder openly why black men and women appear so angry but try to imagine how it feels for blacks and others who are different from the standard WASP image when they are treated so differently by cops and employers.

America has made strides forward but we need to be much more sensitive in our daily lives and interactions with each other.
You may think that Romney and Ryan's repeated assertions this past week that the President is "angry" are nothing worth raising a eyebrow about but to blacks in particular these words are just standard code to put them down.

Some have said that Romney already has the WASP vote so why would he do it. I think that it's a little more complicated than that. This is a very close race and neither side can afford to have any of their supporters stay away from the voting booth in November. So the way I see it is he's trying to solidify his support and guarantee voter turn out by lowering himself into this pandering to the small white supremacist block of voters in the republican base.

Romney isn't the most palatable candidate to his base due to his brand of Christianity. It may not bother you but there are a lot of people in the Republican base who have odd ideas about Mormons, unjustifiably so. Which is another difference that society would do well to get over and grow up about.

The purpose of this thread is to examine casual racism, not to increase divisiveness and/or brand anyone as a racist. Thanks for your indulgence, my friend.
I understand, that word just hits a nerve with me (some childhood shit that I never dealt with). Strange, but my black friends use it way more than my white friends. My standard greeting to my black buds is; "What's up my tanned brother". So far that hasn't offended any of them. I just think that if we keep race in the news all the time, we are never going to be equal. Equal means equal, black, white, yellow, or brown. Programs like affirmative action (though well intended) breed even more hate.