Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I don't know why the question of mandating vaccines was such a big deal. We have mandated vaccines for many years. I had to provide a vaccination record for my children when they started school and went to summer camp. People have to have vaccinations when they travel. I have worked in places where employees have lots of public contact with vulnerable populations and those people had to have the flu vaccine every year.
This is a legal hurdle for those who are mandating vaccinations. All of the three current vaccines from Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson have only been given temporary authorization by the FDA, which is typical. Other vaccines you have mentioned all have full authorization and to gain full approval, this will normally take ten years or so.

The anti-vaxxers are using this as a hedge to fight off mandatory vaccinations, though we are not in a normal period but abnormal fighting off a pandemic. Currently vaccinations are being mandated under workplace safety regulations rather than FDA legality and so far its holding from what I know.

Upcoming mandate from Google and Facebook would be a broad test from private employers. If airlines begin to mandate this with hotels and cruise industry following suit, this could get very interesting.

I will bet that the SCOTUS will side with anti-vaxxers from their ruling for a mega church in CA (Redding) allowing them to hold services for their flock during the pandemic.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:02 AM

Because the GOP and the reich-wing media are making covid vaccines a big deal. Even as some are coming around to the need. Why are they making it a big deal? One word: tRump

Last edited by RickeyM; 07-29-2021 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:53 PM
Ready

Facebook has a right wing faction in its moderator corps. This will knock them back perhaps.....
Old 07-29-2021, 05:13 PM

Rajoo, I understand the approval process, but, I don't agree that is a hurdle. The development of these vaccines has been in the works for decades. They adapted the knowledge to address this particular virus. The approval process is just bureaucratic paper shuffling until everyone has given it the blessing. I think the fact that the vaccine has had scientific research behind it for so long and that it has been proven in real life because so many people have taken it and we can see the results should account for something. Surely, the experts who have to finalize the approval have some common sense.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:23 PM

Read somewhere this morning that Pfizer is investing a cool $Billion in a COVID pill, which they hope to have ready by EOY. I wonder whether the MAGAMorons will resist taking a pill? Maybe just tell the morons it's a Hydroxychloroquine tablet, lol.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:23 PM

They'll just take it and lie about it. They're already doing it with the vaccine.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Rajoo, I understand the approval process, but, I don't agree that is a hurdle. The development of these vaccines has been in the works for decades. They adapted the knowledge to address this particular virus. The approval process is just bureaucratic paper shuffling until everyone has given it the blessing. I think the fact that the vaccine has had scientific research behind it for so long and that it has been proven in real life because so many people have taken it and we can see the results should account for something. Surely, the experts who have to finalize the approval have some common sense.
Barbara, no rational thinking or mature conversation when it comes to the cult. They are trained by the fright wing media to refute requirements of masks and/or vaccines.

For vaccines, its my body, my freedom, vaccines are spiked (conspiracy theories are in abundance), why are people who are vaccinated getting infected, its experimental, it is not FDA approved.............

How do you talk to this group. Then there are those who believe that Covid-19 is just the flu, or a hoax, or I won't get sick, an endless loop.
I have an ex employee (Asian!) in this category with whom I spoke at length.

These people are spoon fed these talking points by their leader and his sycophants and I believe its too late to convert them.
I have a current employee who is in this category, he got married recently and I of course did not attend his wedding reception.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:02 AM

Rajoo, I know what you say is true. I'm just so frustrated with this whole thing.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:34 AM

Barbara, vaccination rates are significantly up in some of the red states this week and hope the trend continues. But unless there is uniform messaging from these red state leaders and churches, this may be a flash in the pan, more fear based than common sense.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:06 PM

Phil Mattingly @Phil_Mattingly

@CNN: 7 day avg of new Covid vaccine doses administered in the US is now 652,084, up 26% over three weeks ago.

Alabama and Arkansas: more than doubled daily rate of doses.

Louisiana: +111% daily rate vs. 3 wks ago.

Missouri: +87% daily rate vs. 3wks ago.

5:50 AM · Jul 31, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

—————————

Dumbass Trumpkins are finally waking up to reality.