Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:12 AM

The Great Experiment

OK, a couple folks have mentioned lately that all we do is fight and name call here, so I want to try something. In this thread, you can not call people (or groups) names, cuss, or be mean in general. You can disagree, but only if you do it politely and with respect for the other persons opinion. We are all Americans, and I think we can do this. Seriously guys, let's give it a try. Who's first? Oh, and if someone does say something mean and nasty, they will be forever labeled a dooty head.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM

Why don't you answer my PM's you know good so and so.......
Old 09-02-2012, 11:49 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Hoping for the best!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:51 AM

and more to the point. You mentioned the U.S. moving toward Canada and Europe with the "huge Gov't and no responsibility" of those countries. I stated and asked>

"we already have huge gov't and no responsibility (really ramped up about 30 years or so ago) and places like Canada, Europe and some Asian countries have left us in the dust with like to education, healthcare......"

I'd like to hear your rational, non partisan thoughts on why this is?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Admin

Turning over a new leaf?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg howdy doody.jpg (5.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Turning over a new leaf?
I think that was what Eve caught Adam doing.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
and more to the point. You mentioned the U.S. moving toward Canada and Europe with the "huge Gov't and no responsibility" of those countries. I stated and asked>

"we already have huge gov't and no responsibility (really ramped up about 30 years or so ago) and places like Canada, Europe and some Asian countries have left us in the dust with like to education, healthcare......"

I'd like to hear your rational, non partisan thoughts on why this is?
OK, the health care debate could go on forever. There are plenty of first hand "stories" saying how wonderful Canada's health care is, as well as how horrible it is. For me personally, and my family, I like the way things are now (I work hard and pay for a Cadillac plan). I wouldn't mind it if the cost of my insurance went down, and to me the way to do this would be tort reform and opening up a free market on health insurance. I'm really not qualified to answer about education. I do know that the schools my children would be going to if I had any are very good, and I don't mind one bit paying my share even though I have no kids. I can also say with certainty that the KC public school system is in shambles. It's not even accredited these days, so you can't get into college with a KC High School Diploma. I could offer up some opinion on why that is, but I haven't studied the issue enough to offer anything concrete. In short, I don't want to live in Canada or Europe, if I did, I would go. I am however considering Belize for a retirement place, but I would likely keep my property in the states too, unless times got really hard for me. Was this response civil? I hope so, maybe we can actually exchange some intelligent ideas. IMHO, anyone that follows stuff like this like the members here do, has to have a certain amount of intelligence that is likely above the national average. I would also fight arm in arm with any member here to defend this land we call America. I'm not sure why, but since Obama has been in office, I feel like America is getting bashed a bit unfairly. This is still a pretty amazing country, even though we could pick at certain aspects forever. I think the proof of that is the border trouble. People are always trying to get in, not out.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Turning over a new leaf?
No, just trying to have a meaningful conversation sans attitude. I want to communicate with you guys.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Area Man

Zzzzzzzz.........Zzzzzzzzz.........Zzzzzzzz.......
Old 09-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
OK, the health care debate could go on forever. There are plenty of first hand "stories" saying how wonderful Canada's health care is, as well as how horrible it is. For me personally, and my family, I like the way things are now (I work hard and pay for a Cadillac plan). I wouldn't mind it if the cost of my insurance went down, and to me the way to do this would be tort reform and opening up a free market on health insurance. I'm really not qualified to answer about education. I do know that the schools my children would be going to if I had any are very good, and I don't mind one bit paying my share even though I have no kids. I can also say with certainty that the KC public school system is in shambles. It's not even accredited these days, so you can't get into college with a KC High School Diploma. I could offer up some opinion on why that is, but I haven't studied the issue enough to offer anything concrete. In short, I don't want to live in Canada or Europe, if I did, I would go....
It seems to me like you have some pretty strong opinions about the failures of Canadian and European society. Can you be specific about what we do better than they and what they do better than us (without gauzy platitudes about freedom, etc.) Otherwise, you're shooting in the dark, my friend.