Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 PM

I disagree with my party

on several issues. Do you guys do that. I'm a Catholic Republican, so I guess I should be against abortion. My feeling on abortion is, if you don't like it, don't have one. I have no desire to be holier than thou, and pass judgement on women concerning their bodies. We all have ourselves to answer too, and every situation is different I'm sure.

There's one from me, what do you all have?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:57 PM

I disagree with both parties on many things.

If I can dig up some money somewhere I'm just gonna bury my head in a few tube projects and try to forget about this election (yeah right)
Old 09-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I'm not sure I would characterize myself as a Democrat (but for the moment, I'm a bit closer to a Dem than a Rep), my biggest recent disappointment lately in the Dems is Obama bailing on Simpson/Bowles and the Senate being too gutless to put forth a budget.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Area Man

Registered as an Independent, I really don't have a party. But, I have come to realize that my leanings are more to the left. To me the Democratic Party promises great things but always screws up in the delivery and the Republican Party promises things that sound great----if only they were realistic.

Yes, it would be great if everyone were to suddenly become totally self-sufficient. That would solve nearly every problem. I just don't think it will ever happen.

Dave
Old 09-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Loyal Opposition

My biggest complaint with the Democrats is that they are up to their eyeballs in corporate money. It's just that the GOP is buried in it.

I am also disappointed that the single payer never made it into a draft of the health care law.

I am uneasy about the use of the drones. I can see the practical reasons for going after al queada operatives in that way, but I can also see the tables being tuned on us. While civilians have died when in the line of fire of drones targeted at terrorist leaders, I can see civilians as the actual targets when and if opponents of the US develop the capability to retaliate in kind.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-03-2012, 02:49 AM

I don't have a party. I am registered as 'undeclared'. I vote based on policy rather than party.
But, there is no doubt I lean left on most issues.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Resident octogenarian

Both parties have sold out to business, the Repulicans 100%, the Democrats 85%. The GOP says that the Dems have an anti-business attitude, guess they are complaining about the 15% who won't sell out.

Frankly it is business that has an anti-American attitude, after the CEO, the Board, the Shareholders, America is way down on their list of priorities.

I see "Holier than Thou" Ralphie Reed has ressurected himself. He and Super Grover were so tied up with Jack Abramoff as the University Republicans, and every illegal scheme that trio got into they have absolutely no shame.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Both parties have sold out to business, the Repulicans 100%, the Democrats 85%. The GOP says that the Dems have an anti-business attitude, guess they are complaining about the 15% who won't sell out.

Frankly it is business that has an anti-American attitude, after the CEO, the Board, the Shareholders, America is way down on their list of priorities.

I see "Holier than Thou" Ralphie Reed has ressurected himself. He and Super Grover were so tied up with Jack Abramoff as the University Republicans, and every illegal scheme that trio got into they have absolutely no shame.
I turned the idjit box off on the Bill Moyer's segment about Ralph Reed to take a walk with Patty but it's recorded on the DVR. I guess I'll have to finish watching it.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I turned the idjit box off on the Bill Moyer's segment about Ralph Reed to take a walk with Patty but it's recorded on the DVR. I guess I'll have to finish watching it.
"He is a bad version of us. No more money for him!" - Jack Abramoff on Ralph Reed.

The Moyers show can be seen in full here.

http://billmoyers.com/episode/full-s...of-ralph-reed/

John
Old 09-03-2012, 09:10 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm not sure I would characterize myself as a Democrat (but for the moment, I'm a bit closer to a Dem than a Rep), my biggest recent disappointment lately in the Dems is Obama bailing on Simpson/Bowles and the Senate being too gutless to put forth a budget.
I think we need a multi-partisan effort to put forth legislation that if there is no budget, then there is no money.