Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:41 PM

Happy Labor Day

I'm getting ready to build a white hot fire and burn some Ribeyes. This is kind of a special Labor Day, with the highest gas prices in the history of Labor Day. I need to put some diesel in my old Chevy, but maybe I should wait. The only gas I'll be using this week is in my mower and string trimmer.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:47 PM

Sounds like you are going after a relaxing day and enjoying the time off. We just hung around the house today getting things done that have been put off. With all the rain the last few days my grass will need mowing soon also.

Or gas went up just about every day last week it seemed.

Barney
Old 09-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Area Man

Looks like efforts to make you conserve are working beautifully.

Enjoy your holiday, and try to reflect on what it's all about.

(I have the thread posted in the History Forum.)

Dave
Old 09-03-2012, 06:08 PM

Yep, I took the whole week off. I figured I labor so hard and so much that one day just wouldn't cover it. I'm going to spend most of the week hunched over a couple integrated tube amps; one Scott 222C and one Eico HF81. Integrated amps are a pita and I simply refuse to work on receivers at all. I think God wants everyone to have separates, with lots of room under the hoods.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:16 PM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Yep, I took the whole week off. I figured I labor so hard and so much that one day just wouldn't cover it. I'm going to spend most of the week hunched over a couple integrated tube amps; one Scott 222C and one Eico HF81. Integrated amps are a pita and I simply refuse to work on receivers at all. I think God wants everyone to have separates, with lots of room under the hoods.
One of these days I am going to send you an HK A500 to work some magic on.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
I'm getting ready to build a white hot fire and burn some Ribeyes. This is kind of a special Labor Day, with the highest gas prices in the history of Labor Day. I need to put some diesel in my old Chevy, but maybe I should wait. The only gas I'll be using this week is in my mower and string trimmer.
Quote:
You have a good one too Jay.
Patty and I went down to the Wedge in Newport Beach to watch the young crazies surf yesterday afternoon. Heh, maybe surf isn't the right word - get punished is more like it. It's a crazy place.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Area Man

Quote:
The 222c is a sweet unit. I had one many years ago during my drunk days. Don't even remember what happened to it.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Resident octogenarian

Did almost nothing yesterday and plan on matching that today.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The 222c is a sweet unit. I had one many years ago during my drunk days. Don't even remember what happened to it.
Aaack! We agreed twice in one morning. Now I must do a clorox enema too.

Thisun's for Cableguy over at AK. I'm adding a few "upgrades", like regulated screens and such. These old integrateds always surprise me on how good they sound with the right speakers.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You have a good one too Jay.
Patty and I went down to the Wedge in Newport Beach to watch the young crazies surf yesterday afternoon. Heh, maybe surf isn't the right word - get punished is more like it. It's a crazy place.
I saw a film clip of some guys surfing in California back in the '60s. The place was rocky as hell. It looked very dangerous---As in smashed on the rocks dangerous. Is that the place?

Dave