Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Resident octogenarian

Well Dave that was an interesting response to your post. I do believe it just admitted to being 'panicked and paranoid', good work.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well Dave that was an interesting response to your post. I do believe it just admitted to being 'panicked and paranoid', good work.
Thanks, I do my best.

Dave
Old 03-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Ughh, I had to unblock -5 temporarily to see it.

Fist bump and a high five Dave. Well done my friend.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

and -5 is back on my eff off list.
Good luck finding anyone to pay your fifty bucks for a Fleetwood Mac Rumours album that regularly sells for $35 on eBay, overpaid at Amoeba didja, or are you just trying to take advantage of trusting AudioKarma members?
Old 03-23-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
and -5 is back on my eff off list.
Good luck finding anyone to pay your fifty bucks for a Fleetwood Mac Rumours album that regularly sells for $35 on eBay, overpaid at Amoeba didja, or are you just trying to take advantage of trusting AudioKarma members?
I sure am glad you have Tar Baby on your ignore list. Now you won't have any reason to deal with him at all.

John
Old 03-23-2014, 12:52 PM

Limited is a apt description Merrylander.

Some people know they are not smart, but at least they realize it.

Some of are dumb but do not realize it...those are the ones you have to watch out for, say when they are running for President.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Admin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Swerving back on topic Isn't it funny how the Kochs' money that they directly donate is also bundled with $100s of millions that they get their cronies to donate to the GOP run superpacs. It isn't just the FEC reported $4.9 million directly sent to their pet candidates, you also have the $407 millions of dark Koch money laundered through these so called social welfare tax exempt 501c4 organizations. Added to that is an astronomical amount of dark money from their partners in crime.

Is it any wonder that Darryl Issa has such a big fat hard on for the IRS? The plutoc-rats have been using this giant loophole in the tax law governing 501c4 corps as a shield to hide how much influence a small group of ultra wealthy donors are exerting on elections in this country. Issa's mission is to forestall any reconsideration of the Republican reinterpretation of the law. As written 501c4 law states only social welfare is allowed by these organizations. In the 1950s there was a Republican administrative rewrite that allowed them to use 49% of the black money they receive to sway elections.

As to these ultra wealthy top 1%? Of course they want something in return, after all they are businessmen first and foremost and it's all in the bottom line for these people. You can bet your last bottom dollar that they will be pulling the strings for as long as we allow it to continue.

Last edited by bobabode; 03-23-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Swerving back on topic Isn't it funny how the Kochs' money that they directly donate is also bundled with $100s of millions that they get their cronies to donate to the GOP run superpacs. It isn't just the FEC reported $4.9 million directly sent to their pet candidates, you also have the $407 millions of dark Koch money laundered through these so called social welfare tax exempt 501c4 organizations. Added to that is an astronomical amount of dark money from their partners in crime.

Is it any wonder that Darryl Issa has such a big fat hard on for the IRS? The plutoc-rats have been using this giant loophole in the tax law governing 501c4 corps as a shield to hide how much influence a small group of ultra wealthy donors are exerting on elections in this country. Issa's mission is to forestall any reconsideration of the Republican reinterpretation of the law. As written 501c4 law states only social welfare is allowed by these organizations. In the 1950s there was a Republican administrative rewrite that allowed them to use 49% of the black money they receive to sway elections.

As to these ultra wealthy top 1%? Of course they want something in return, after all they are businessmen first and foremost and it's all in the bottom line for these people. You can bet your last bottom dollar that they will be pulling the strings for as long as we allow it to continue.
Don't you worry 'bout it none. Dems are getting their fair share too, Bob. You guys better thank your lucky stars that Citizens United is helping get those lefty Super PAC's all cranked up.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...roups/2607941/

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/1...publican-slump

Last edited by whell; 03-23-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Don't you worry 'bout it none. Dems are getting their fair share too, Bob. You guys better thank your lucky stars that Citizens United is helping get those lefty Super PAC's all cranked up.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/1...publican-slump
Both these articles are pretty old and cover the period while Republican donors, especially the big ones, were busy being pissed off at Romney and Turd Blossom for blowing all their money. It's a very different ballgame now.

And how, exactly, is Americans for Responsible Solutions a "Democtatic Super-PAC"?

John
Old 03-24-2014, 01:26 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Both these articles are pretty old and cover the period while Republican donors, especially the big ones, were busy being pissed off at Romney and Turd Blossom for blowing all their money. It's a very different ballgame now.

And how, exactly, is Americans for Responsible Solutions a "Democtatic Super-PAC"?

John
Whell's cherrypickin' his stories? Say it ain't so... Of course he ignored the salient point that the Repugnants always have deeper pockets.

"It's a stark reversal from the 2012 presidential and congressional elections when Republican groups dominated spending."

I did like the second one predicting a fratricidal bloodbath between the Goppers and the Cruz Crazies. Both stories were before the Paul/Cruz shutdown demolished the 'pubbies brand. Gawd damn weasels even turned the Chamberpot of Commerce against the 'baggers. Muy delicioso...
Old 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Whell's cherrypickin' his stories? Say it ain't so... Of course he ignored the salient point that the Repugnants always have deeper pockets.
I don't ignore anything, Bob. In particular, I don't ignore it when someone like, well, you for instance, takes two different issues and mashes them together to create a straw man. If you were paying attention to the article in the OP, the author was complaining that contributions to PAC's were not factored in. That's what I was responding to.

You, however, seem to be citing the historical edge that Repubs have had over Dems with campaign (non-PAC) fund raising (which is not in dispute), and conflating the PAC and direct campaign spending when doing so. I mean, I know that the left loves to bitch about Citizens United and all, but it certainly does seem like both parties love to feed at that particular trough. Maybe this page will help clarify:

https://www.opensecrets.org/bigpictu...php?cycle=2012