Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 AM

Dangerous Spyware

As you guys know I got suckered into installing spyware on my PC. At first I thought the spyware belonged to the US Govt so I kept my mouth shut. I did not want to blow the cover of US servicemen.

After researching my attackers I think I have figured them out. I suspect they are software developers and/or venture capitalists in Silicon Valley. They spied on my PC and then like the little coward fucks they are they called the US Marines out at Selfridge Air Base and told them I was some sort of counterfeiter.

I think these are the guys and their software is called Relevant Knowledge. It's real. It's dangerous. Don't install it. Check your PC for it. It's a m*ther f*cker to remove.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/the-mi...t-malware/1353
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 AM

How did you remove it?

Barney
Old 03-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
How did you remove it?

Barney

I'm not sure I have yet. I just found another piece in my root directory the other night.

Search you PC for rel*.* and rl*.*

Look for shit like rlvntknldg.exe, rlvntknwldg.dll, etc.

What makes it dangerous is that it installs out in the open. It uses a weasel worded click-though agreement to think you will get money for filling out surveys. It might do that, but behind the scenes the owners are using the data against you if they want.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:01 AM

Doubt anyone in the house would click and open anything doing with a survey. Even if they offered compensation. Searched the lap top and nothing. Will pass the info on.

Did you run in safe mode a scan?

Barney
Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Doubt anyone in the house would click and open anything doing with a survey. Even if they offered compensation. Searched the lap top and nothing. Will pass the info on.

Barney
No. I did not think of that. I tried removing it by hand and am monitoring my network traffic. I think I'm clean.

What makes it so sneaky is that it says its legitimate software. The virus checkers won't touch it. At least Norton won't.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:58 AM

Here is more software from the same company. I would not touch any of it, not even with a stick.

http://downloads.zdnet.com/search/?compid=50273
Old 03-19-2013, 12:43 PM

Some more stuff that I would not touch with a stick. I think this stuff is from the same software writer.

http://www.download32.com/christian-...-software.html
Old 03-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Admin

Quote:

Barney
I'm in that camp. I don't do surveys for love or money. I never ever click on popups. My prefered AV is AVG free and I stay the hell away from adding anything extra.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
As you guys know I got suckered into installing spyware on my PC. At first I thought the spyware belonged to the US Govt so I kept my mouth shut. I did not want to blow the cover of US servicemen.

After researching my attackers I think I have figured them out. I suspect they are software developers and/or venture capitalists in Silicon Valley. They spied on my PC and then like the little coward fucks they are they called the US Marines out at Selfridge Air Base and told them I was some sort of counterfeiter.

I think these are the guys and their software is called Relevant Knowledge. It's real. It's dangerous. Don't install it. Check your PC for it. It's a m*ther f*cker to remove.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/the-mi...t-malware/1353
What did it do that made you aware that there was a problem? Lately, I've had several clients open email supposedly from FedEx that installed various spyware and malware. Since the FedEx scam has been around so long, I'm suprised it's making the rounds again.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:41 PM

You likely found this, but here's some instructions for removing RelevantKnowledge:

http://www.exterminate-it.com/malped...owledge#howreg