Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Yes, I agree, it is actually on the decline.

I read what you wrote but I don't think you comprehend what I asked. It's more an employer questiont than a gov't question. How do we compel the greedy to share? I'm sure you don't want the gov't involved and I'm all for that. So, how do we accomplish it? If we remove all taxes do you believe they will honestly give more of their earnings to the folks that actually earn it for them? History shows us they will not so.......
Im sorry I don't give a rats ass what my employer makes.
I don't give a rats ass what my fellow employee makes.

I do care what I make and the value I bring to the table for the employer to hire me.

I don't get the mentality that a worker thinks about needing more or equal to the owner because they are doing the work. Why?

Is it your business? Your Risk? Your Worry in managing others and making sure the business services so everybody can work.

Same thing with the article the post is about. I myself need affluent people around they hier my labor. The more they have to spend the more work I get.

Living on the SF peninsula with city after city as you head south from San Francisco. Well these cities were never here before. It took some affluent person wanting a country home from San Francisco. So they said I want a home in the country and buy the land.

Then set out for people to build it for them. Now you didn't commute 20 miles in those days so some small homes went up,stores for goods so the workers can eat and live there. Lumber mills and blacksmiths, farms for produces and ranches for meats. Everybody formed a small community with all the necessities of life. Everyone was making a profit from their labor and had money to spend and others gladly moved there because a city was forming and prophets to be made.

One affluent owner building one home formed a city and a economy. It would also be fair to say this happened thousand of times in the states. And as the cities outgrown the space to build suburbs popped up and formed other cities and economies. I just have to wonder how many others excelled to great heights of monetary status in these communities that one man with money created.

Anyway I think the mentality of lets take the riches money is pretty ignorant view.

Earn a living and make it what you will, if you're good at it you will be on the other side of the fence.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
BS. Maybe you should watch the MSM a bit more to counteract the propaganda you seem to wallow in.

5.1 How much paper currency does the Treasury Department print every day? Where is it printed?

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) headquarters is located in Washington, DC. The BEP is responsible for designing and printing our paper currency. There is also a satellite production facility located in Fort Worth, Texas, which began operations in January 1991. The BEP produced approximately 37 million currency notes each day with a face value of about $696 million, and 45 percent of these notes are the $1 denomination. About 95 percent of the currency notes printed each year are used to replace notes that are already in circulation.

http://papermoneyguide.com/faq.htm#51
Ok a physical paper currency collector are you?

I guess it's kind of hard to collect DIGITAL FIAT CURRENCY. Perhaps the term "Printing" in the digital age needs to be redefined. Some other word in our vocabulary "Currency Keystroke" maybe

What? "About 95 percent of the currency notes printed each year are used to replace notes that are already in circulation"

Now that's some Overdosing on kool-aid. What about Quantitative Easing that doesn't count? It should but I guess we're back at the Currency Keystroke.

Last edited by 4-2-7; 01-25-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Where's the bug spray? I smell a John Bircher...
Here you go be careful which way you point it.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I started a thread on this a month ago:

http://politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6616
I'll check it out.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
What if the cost of living were low, would income inequality really matter?

you are sort of describing the current economy.

You can go to Walmart and buy blue jeans for 10 bucks.

economy still sucks. You need consumers buying goods and services like we were in the 1990s.

Internet,automation,outsourcing and greed are making a perfect storm.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
The cost of living is low! I know that sounds weird right?

When we look at economics we have to look at who is driving it.

It doesn't take more labor to bake a loaf of bread today as it did fifty years ago. What has made the cost of bread rise in cost in those fifty years. If anything it should cost less with technology.

By not having a currency pegged to something with intrinsic value ie:"Money" all hell breaks loose. Something that can't be produced out of thin air that has value.

Since the USD is not pegged to anything but a promise to pay lol Fiat Currency, A note of a promise to pay is all the USD is. It is not money.
Nothing stops the printing of currency so the presses run and run. But there is a problem to doing this. It's a dilution of the currency supply meaning it reduces the value of the currency in circulation. The value of your saved dollars are not the same as when you put them in the bank. In fact the interest earned does not keep up with this. So you put your dollar in and in short time it's only worth 50% it's value at deposit.

It's funny, not really Most have no clue of what currency is, how it's born and who is doing it.
the gold standard has nothing to do with our current economic fragility. If you were to actually peg every dollar to a ounce of gold in a vault you would take so much money of circulation that the mother of all depressions would soon take place because of the deflation such a move would cause.

Gold is a fiat too if you really think about it.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome and I probably should have opened a Intro post.

I feel everyone should aspire to be the other guy. Not try and take what others have done and make it theirs thats stealing.

No different if I took from someone there only dollar. Is that right? I might only have 50 cents.

You have to fix the economy and the way western banking system is done.
The Federal Reserve, The Government, The fractional Reserve Banking all need to change.

"Is there any way that average joe can get a livable
wage even in an highly skewed income society"

Yes start looking at what the right hand is doing all the while there telling you to look at the left. Stop being lead around by parties and there midia mouths for votes.
Perhaps we should go back to the days when states had their own currency...nay even banks during this time issued their own notes. I am talking about the early 1800s around Jackson's time.

yeah they had depressions (or panics) all the time back then.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
the gold standard has nothing to do with our current economic fragility. If you were to actually peg every dollar to a ounce of gold in a vault you would take so much money of circulation that the mother of all depressions would soon take place because of the deflation such a move would cause.

Gold is a fiat too if you really think about it.
Im sorry but your wrong. Look at the facts history and time frames.
Ya I can sit a round and say it's the housing bubble, or Dotcom. And try to point to a specific current affair. But none of it represents the origins of it.

I love it when people say that currency can not be pegged to a tangible asset such as gold. Theres not enough Gold ha ha ha. I'll explain this another time. Constitutional currency is bimetal.

Also by you making this comment proves the point I was making.

If you were to actually peg every dollar to a ounce of gold in a vault you would take so much money of circulation that the mother of all depressions would soon take place because of the deflation such a move would cause.

It was pegged in 71 what happened since then?

Last edited by 4-2-7; 01-25-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Perhaps we should go back to the days when states had their own currency...nay even banks during this time issued their own notes. I am talking about the early 1800s around Jackson's time.

yeah they had depressions (or panics) all the time back then.
I'm kind of tired now but just a quicky. Jackson crushed the banks, and yes there was some depressions. Facts are banks cause the depressions at will, this gives them political leverage. Then the politicians bend to make the voters happy. All the while passing laws that favor the banking institutions.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Im sorry but your wrong. Look at the facts history and time frames.
Ya I can sit a round and say it's the housing bubble, or Dotcom. And try to point to a specific current affair. But none of it represents the origins of it.

I love it when people say that currency can not be pegged to a tangible asset such as gold. Theres not enough Gold ha ha ha. I'll explain this another time. Constitutional currency is bimetal.

Also by you making this comment proves the point I was making.

If you were to actually peg every dollar to a ounce of gold in a vault you would take so much money of circulation that the mother of all depressions would soon take place because of the deflation such a move would cause.

It was pegged in 71 what happened since then?
I think it was unpegged from gold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_Shock

this has been our world ever since.