Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-27-2023, 06:13 PM

It should be obvious that the populaces didn't volunteer themselves to be collateral damage to this attack and it's retaliation. They are all the victims of the bloody affair with no permanent just resolution and no end in sight. The costly consequences of opening this cynical campaign with no rational justification should have been obvious to any reasonable observer.

Last edited by Pio1980; 10-27-2023 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-29-2023, 08:41 PM
Admin

In Dagestan a mob went nuts trying to find any Jews at their airport. Sounds like pogrom behavior to me. Thanks Czarina Putin. Good going riling up the mob.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rs-from-israel
Old 10-29-2023, 09:11 PM
Ready

It can't happen here, of course. It's unthinkable. Not now. Tulsa was over a hundred years ago, after all....
Old 10-30-2023, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
This issue will never be resolved until Israel and the Palestinians decide how to live together. Right now they have chosen to die together.
Israelis and Palestinians live together just fine. My niece was on a three week archeological dig up near Haifa a few years ago. Almost every day at the end of the work day the team had dinner at a Palestinian cafe on the way back to their hotel. The place was packed every day with Jews, Muslims, and tourists. The food was great, and everybody got along just fine. One other thing...the archaeological team was made up of Jews and Palestinians, mostly college students in Israel.

Jews and Muslims get along fine. Many are from the same goddamn gene pool. It's terrorists who want Jews, all Jews worldwide, dead...who Israelis have no interest in living together with.

This is a war against Hamas, not against Gazan Palestinians. Palestinians who are dying because Hamas wants them dead. Dead Palestinians are propaganda that Hamas thrives on. Why do they put their rocked and mortar installations in neighborhoods, next to schools, in hospital parking lots? It's not to deter Israeli air strikes...Hamas knows it won't deter Israeli air strikes...it's to generate as many dead Palistinians as possible. Dead Palestinians is Hamas' goal.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-30-2023 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-30-2023, 08:10 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Israelis and Palestinians live together just fine. My niece was on a three week archeological dig up near Haifa a few years ago. Almost every day at the end of the work day the team had dinner at a Palestinian cafe on the way back to their hotel. The place was packed every day with Jews, Muslims, and tourists. The food was great, and everybody got along just fine. One other thing...the archaeological team was made up of Jews and Palestinians, mostly college students in Israel.

Jews and Muslims get along fine. Many are from the same goddamn gene pool. It's terrorists who want Jews, all Jews worldwide, dead...who Israelis have no interest in living together with.
Do not make the mistake of confusing Haifa for the rest of Israel ( or the West Bank). It has historically been the most tolerant of Israeli cities with Jews, Muslims, Christians, Druze and Behai living together peacefully (for the most part). It’s sometimes referred to as the San Francisco of Israel (they are already sister cities).
Old 10-30-2023, 08:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Do not make the mistake of confusing Haifa for the rest of Israel ( or the West Bank). It has historically been the most tolerant of Israeli cities with Jews, Muslims, Christians, Druze and Behai living together peacefully (for the most part). It’s sometimes referred to as the San Francisco of Israel (they are already sister cities).
Y'know finn...are you an attorney? Because, more than anybody in this joint, rather than look at process or patterns you will snatch up any little patch of content in an attempt to make and win argument. I feel like I'm in court with a litigator. Perhaps its my social worker brain...only looking to use content in order to identify patterns and process. We are like debate anti-matter...you and me.

My point is, the fucking liberal Jews and the Jew rabbis want to be able to tag Israelis as being perpetrators of genocide on Palestinians. The Israelis dont want dead Palestinians, they want dead Hamas. Hamas are the ones who want as many dead Palestinians as possible...the more dead Palestinians, the worse Israel looks. Hamas loves Israeli airstrikes that kill Palestinians...it's the reason they did this.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-30-2023 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-30-2023, 08:56 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Y'know finn...are you an attorney? Because, more than anybody in this joint, rather than look at process or patterns you will snatch up any little patch of content in an attempt to make and win argument. I feel like I'm in court with a litigator. Perhaps its my social worker brain...only looking to use content in order to identify patterns and process. We are like debate anti-matter...you and me.

My point is, the fucking liberal Jews and the Jew rabbis want to be able to tag Israelis as being perpetrators of genocide on Palestinians. The Israelis dont want deat Palestinians, they want dead Hamas. Hamas are the ones who want as many dead Palestinians as possible...the more dead Palestinians, the worse Israel looks. Hamas loves Israeli airstrikes...it the reason they did this.

I was just pointing out that drawing global conclusions from a vignette in Haifa is akin to taking a lone vignette from San Francisco and applying to our entire country including places like Appalachia. The whole vibe in Haifa is noticeably different than anywhere else in Israel, particularly from orthodox and/or settler communities (critical components of the Bibi coalition).

And yes, my father was an attorney and I was a DOD Contracting Officer trained extensively in contract law and negotiation strategies. This background and my engineering training and experience make me particularly intolerant of bullshit and glittering generalities, something I faced from contractors on a daily basis for 38 years.

Last edited by finnbow; 10-30-2023 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-30-2023, 12:50 PM
Jigsawed

Russian authorities have a deep fear of extreme Islamists. Russians in recent times put down rebellions of Muslim extremists who were trying to take control of Dagestan which is basically a Muslim Russian Republic. The opposition to Russian rule in the region is still simmering.

Last edited by Dondilion; 10-30-2023 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 04:36 PM
Banned

So...I happened to catch the press conference today with Israeli Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant and Netanyahu. I can't think of anything I disagree with that either one said.

In particular Netanyahu's reminding the rest of the world that Hamas is responsibe for the deaths of Gazans because they choose to hide behind civilians by placing their operations units in hospital basements and their rocket and mortar installations in residential neighborhoods next to schools and mosques. And that they do this because they want more dead civilians. The more dead, the more anti-Semitism.
Old 10-30-2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Russian authorities have a deep fear of extreme Islamists. Russians in recent times put down rebellions of Muslim extremists who were trying to take control of Dagestan which is basically a Muslim Russian Republic. The opposition to Russian rule in the region is still simmering.
Also historical anti-semites.

Dagestan airport stormed by a mob of rioters looking for plane from Israel https://www.npr.org/2023/10/30/12093...rael-palestine