Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:48 AM

Meanwhile, Hillz on the campaign tried to tell them they were going to lose their jobs, and should be assisted to prepare for alternative employment, successfully hijacked and parsed by the opposition to "We will put you out of your jobs if we are elected".
Maybe the Dems could reframe that message to match the current situation with realistic proposals, instead of nonsensical baseless Trumpian promises.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:48 AM

Output contracts for the first time since October 2013

https://www.markiteconomics.com/Publ...e387ec2b19d337

Key findings:

Flash U.S. Composite Output Index at 49.6 (53.3 in January). 76-month low.

Flash U.S. Services Business Activity Index at 49.4 (53.4 in January). 76-month low.

Flash U.S. Manufacturing Output Index at 50.6

Flash U.S. Manufacturing PMI at 50.8 (51.9 in January). 6-month low.
(52.4 in January). 7-month low.

Data collected February 12-20

Thanks, Trumpkins!
Old 02-21-2020, 04:43 PM
Jigsawed

Expect more contracting as corona spreads.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:34 AM

UNDER TRUMP, OUR ECONOMY IS A HOUSE OF CARDS
Leo Hindery, Jr. is co-chair of the Task Force on Job Creation and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. Formerly the CEO of AT&T Broadband and its predecessor, Tele-Communications, Inc., he is currently an investor in media properties.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-econo...llapse-1490978

Quote:
The Congressional Budget Office recently projected that the U.S. national debt will rise to 98 percent of gross domestic product by 2030 and that deficits will be more than $1 trillion every year for more than a decade—eye-popping revelations that are every bit as bad as they sound.

Yet while the fiscal deficit goes through the roof, many conservatives have been unwilling to take on the Trump administration's economic approach, even if it means betraying their avowed fiscal conservatism.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
UNDER TRUMP, OUR ECONOMY IS A HOUSE OF CARDS
Leo Hindery, Jr. is co-chair of the Task Force on Job Creation and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. Formerly the CEO of AT&T Broadband and its predecessor, Tele-Communications, Inc., he is currently an investor in media properties.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-econo...llapse-1490978
As long as they get their judges and spite on the Libs, nothing else matters.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:49 PM

The US stock market has now wiped out the entire $11.5 trillion of value it gained since Trump's 2016 election victory

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-3-1028991585

Just resign, Donny, you worthless piece of shit.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:28 AM

So the orange genius kills the Obama recovery he hijacked for creditation.
Let's see how he blames Obama for that.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:40 PM

The Dumpsterfire Economy, how factual.

I am at home and social distancing like a lot of people today. After five days of this crap and listening to the talking heads broadcast intellectibabble out of Manhattan Island near Rockefeller Center with its Atlas Shrugged sculpture, I have to let off a head of steam.

I have endured enough lies.

Footage showed up of Mike Bloomberg telling people that he could teach anyone to farm. That is clearly bullshit. Manattan Island does not have enough sunlight left to grow enough food to sustain themselves. Their Harvard educated lawyers sold their rights to ancient sunlight so that they could build taller penis towers and gaze down on the artists of their Broadway Ave, the great cooks and wait staff of Hell's Kitchen of 10th Ave, and the tailors of their Garment District between them.

Meanwhile Huffungton Post, which is based at 770 Broadway Ave and was once a bright light in telling the facts, has been reduced trying to make a buck by churning the question of whether recycling is effective? Nonsense. Making a buck by selling nonsense is not the new normal. It has been the <i>modus operandi</i> of Manhattan Island since around 1985 IMO. From my perspective it seems that the elite inner circle of that city has been hoping for incresingly refined votes on how to cure their ills since then. Their inner circle sold the rest of America on STEM education and being hypnotized and voting on their numbers and polls while the inner circle could not figure out how to maintain a simple subway system. They are at their wits end.

At some suicidal breaking point the Manhattan Island inner circle must admit that it is simply greedy in a Biblical sense of scale. I realized that during my umpteenth trip to that swirling toilet of math and gamification when I was approached by two college aged kids on diametrically opposed corners of an intersection near a Trump Hotel? that I regretfully stayed at. They both represented some organization that has left a bad cum taste in my mouth. The NRA? Similar. Ducks Unlimited? Similar. Rails to Trails Conservancy? Similar. Whatever. Some national organization that is probably organized on Manhattan Island and milks the rest of America a few dollars at a time in lieu of honest votes in our electoral college and seriously deciding what the fuck it is that we are working and fighting together for as a collective of red, white, and blue Americans.

The first kid that approached me for a vote and donation was a hot intellectual broad. She asked me about some shit about walking around Manhattan. Do I prefer this street or that or some fucking data mining neuroeconomic University of Michigan/Mackinac Island teenage republican question that let her feel like she knew what was going on. I told her that I preferred Brooklyn architecture over Manhattan Island architecture and did my best to get away from that broad. I was done voting. As I walked across the street in hopes of getting to LaGuardia and leaving the Trump? shithole the other kid prick stopped me and asked me for my opinion. It was all I could do to not punch him in the face like Lewis Black being offended for being offered almond milk for his coffee.

Goddamnit. I was living a perfect joke nightmare in the eternally profitable and undetectable weld pool of mafia steel, 9/11, and theater worry of what the hell is wrong with American sidewalks.

The other kid, diametrically opposed from the hot intellectual broad and working for the same collective as her, gave me the same sales pitch. Fuck balls. He reminded me of Rama Madugula's gift, poison, of gab. It was not funny anymore. I was done experimenting with CIA, Secret Service, Pussy Grabbing, and all the stupid shit that I had volunteered for since 2013 in the pinball machine of American military training.

As the CDC license plates race in front of my car in Michigan I pray that have I have pointed to the where the dumpster fire is. It is on Manhattan Island and they can't stop themselves.

Inventor's Gate, Central Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI4fVgVVpiw

Manhattan Island would do well by ceremoniously destroying Rockefeller's Plaque near their skating rink and replacing it with the statue of a true public servant like England did on the River Thames. The statue might be of Mike Bloomberg taking a knee and sowing a seed in the shadow of Rockefeller Center.

Get off of your high horse, Manhattan.

Last edited by ebacon; 03-17-2020 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:38 PM

Jim Cramer @jimcramer

@mcuban
It is very rare that i read something that i totally and unequivocally agree with. Below is one of those reads. I am so tired of the rich profiting from every cataclysm. This is the time to reset the system in favor of the working person. Right Now!

Quote Tweet

Mark Cuban @mcuban
· Mar 17
I know this is early but wanted to get ahead of the politics. If we are going to bailout companies we need to make sure all employees benefit from a turn around, not just execs. ⁦@jimcramer⁩ ⁦@CNBC⁩ ⁦@CNBCFastMoney⁩ ⁦@ScottWapnerCNBC⁩

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimcramer...8617479790593?

Last edited by Chicks; 03-18-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:20 PM

Munchkin: The stock market is the Trump administration's economic report card

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/23/mnuc...port-card.html

Yep. Own it, Stevie.