Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 AM

Obama & Co. vs. Rell re: health legislation

If the governor of a small state with 3.5 million inhabitants (M. Jodi Rell - R of Connecticut) needs until 2011 to draft health care legislation, how on God's green earth does President Obama feel he can do the same damn thing in a matter of weeks for 300,000,000+?!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124822088310970327.html
Old 07-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Administrator

From what I understand of this mess of a plan that is proposed its not to cover all 300 million of us. Only the 18-50 mil ( diff opinions on how many there actually are ) uninsured.

What puzzles me is when asked questions yesterday on his new plan Obama did not know the answers. Hey at least he answered honestly but if he did not know the answers yesterday how did he find time to read all 1100 pages of his proposal between then and tonight. Man thats a shitload of time on the can !
Old 07-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Resident octogenarian

Considering that they have been (supposedly) studying this mess for nigh onto 40 years you would think they could have figured it out.

Churchill was right when he said "The admirable thing about Americans is that you can always count on them to do the right thing. After they have tried every possible alternative first."

If the insurance companies and drug companies have there way and health care goes FUBAR we will sell the house and re-locate in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick.