Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:06 AM

jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I am so tired of hearing about that pedophiles death its sickening.

He was a POS sick bastard who happened to make more then you or I and bought his way out of the proper justice that would have sent you or I to jail for a very long time.

But Noooo he was the self appointed god of pop so everyone must miss him ! Only thing I missed was seeing his weird fucking ass being sent to jail and the expression on his face when he found out if was full of adults..
By God, he was one fucking weird bastard, wasn't he.

I'd comment on his work, but I haven't heard much of it, and didn't like what I've heard. Scary thing is, this pervert managed to climb to the top of the greasy pole...says something about a certain segment of society.

Chas
Old 06-28-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Only thing I missed was seeing his weird fucking ass being sent to jail and the expression on his face when he found out if was full of adults..
Face? What face?
Old 06-28-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Personally, I can no longer tell the news from Entertainment Tonight.

Chas

The so called "King of Pop?" has now met the real KING! I wonder... what say he?

Last edited by painter; 06-28-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Administrator

I don't think sorry will cut it. At least we can hope.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Resident octogenarian

What made you think he was headed upward?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
What made you think he was headed upward?

I don't. But I was taught it was the Creator who looked into your face and passed judgement on north or south...heh...
No doubt Jackson was a serious mental case. Just goes to show you...wordly possessions do not necessarily give you happiness.
What you said in another post about mensa...having been involved at one time myself...there are some serious personalities in that group.
Nature and nurture...I always say.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Resident octogenarian

I stayed in Mensa for one year as that was what I signed up for but never joined again. They struck me a bunch of puzzle solvers and that was about it. Met a few real people there, but I had a life to live and coud not spare the time.

We had a meeting with Leonard Cohen the poet. He started off by stating that highly intelligent people rarely understood poetry. A woman in fron of me responded by saying that was probably true of all men. I responded that if you consider that in that day's society men were mainly raised by women, the bulk of their teachers were women, if she was not happy with the end result she should not blame us. I don't think she liked me.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I stayed in Mensa for one year as that was what I signed up for but never joined again. They struck me a bunch of puzzle solvers and that was about it. Met a few real people there, but I had a life to live and coud not spare the time.

We had a meeting with Leonard Cohen the poet. He started off by stating that highly intelligent people rarely understood poetry. A woman in fron of me responded by saying that was probably true of all men. I responded that if you consider that in that day's society men were mainly raised by women, the bulk of their teachers were women, if she was not happy with the end result she should not blame us. I don't think she liked me.

Good reply! I'm all for people gathering with like minds... ideas or interests but in the end...its what you contribute with your attributes that really matters in society. And...some with less numbers on the scale accomplish more...have more friends than money. I never did see a Brinks truck follow a hearse to a cemetery...Did you? Can't take it with you when you go.
Might as well dole it out to those you choose before the fact.

Last edited by painter; 06-29-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:18 AM

Good rejoinder, Rob...I have found that women's libber types tend to be the most strident, tiresome & morose of all...Followed closely by the Green Weenies...Plus, they get SO unbelievably, froth-at-the-mouth, eye-popping MAD when you "zing" 'em like that...Which is all the more reason to do it...
Old 06-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

This all started back in childhood - you mentioned nature and nurture - my parents let me have the run of the family library such as it was. They figured that if the book was too advanced I would simply put it back. When I outgrew the town schoolhouse I had to commute by train to another high school.

Dad had retired (I was the youngest and they married late in life) so I could not see the expense of train fare and school fees, so I quit. After a few jobs I wound up with Bell. Spent 13 years in toll and local plant, then I heard they were looking for computer geeks. Borrowed some books on computers from the company library and read up on them. Now these were the days of the big room filling Univacs and IBM 1410s, the IBM360 was just around the corner. Iknew there were such things but that was about it.

I asked my boss to send me in for the computer test, now they said they wanted people with a degree or who were working toward one, but he sent me anyway. Two weeks later they requested me and my boss let me go even though I was slated to do the acceptance tests on a new switch system.

Through various training courses the all kept saying fancy things about me until they finally convinced me to do the Mensa test. That was when the numbers put me just over the edge into the 99th percentile. Whoopee s**t, that and $5 will get you a latte at Starbucks.

Never put that on my resume as I found people did not think highly of it, I did get elected to full membership in the IEEE despite the lack of a degree, they even suggested I apply for senior membership (must have been the grey hair).

The 12 years I spent working on International Standards with ITU and ISO did get me a decent living doing seminars around NorAm and Europe, even got to Israel once. The Europeans have a different attitude as they always asked if I was bringing my wife along so we did quite a bit of travelling together, in fact I think Florence knows Geneva better than I do. Speaking several languages as she does she was never taken for an American, and a lot of people figured she was either from Spain or Italy (parents were both) and me for some Nordic type. I recall one Swiss that we met who claimed he knew all about the United States as he subscribed to Time, was awful hard to keep a straight face.

Sandy, the in-your-face feminists never thrilled me either, I simply figure that as half the population is female you would be shooting yourself in the foot if you did not let them contribute their considerable talents to the nation. You and I happen to be married to ladies of talent so we know this.

Geez, who got me started on this?