Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Ready

Are you taking a cheap shot there? Of course you are, you're a conservative.

I am not on a friggin' jury judging anyone guilty or not in this particular case. This case DOES NOT MATTER to the general observations I made. I was condemning the attitude that says if you're [whatever] and you are bullied, there's something wrong with you. That attitude is still BS, no matter who on the Dolphins did what to who.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Koch-Teapublican

You may not be "Jury" Judging, but you are Judging...
Old 11-12-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
300 lbs makes one a psychological superman? A football player is a human being with the same social needs and vulnerabilities as anyone else. Bullies know how to get to people, and gain sadistic satisfaction from doing it, which is why it goes on and on. And you stand with the sadist?
300 lbs makes one a psychological superman? No. But being a 300 lbs offensive lineman in the NFL, you'd better be a physical and psychological superman. NFL teams that draft well do everything they can to understand both the physical and mental toughness of the players on their team. Could be that this guy slipped through, could be that there's more to this story than has played out in the media. And your question about "standing with a sadist" is dopey. One does not need to "stand with a sadist" to question the credibility of a story in the media. In fact, one is usually more right than wrong to question such stories, because I strongly suspect so far we have 1/2 the facts in this case, at most.

Or maybe the question was the type of cheap shot that one expects from a liberal?

Quote:
The empathy failure that blames the victims in bullying cases just compounds the damage. It's of a piece with the conservative willingness to blame the victim in rape cases, and turn a deaf ear to complaints of racial and sexual harassment. There is a side of conservatism that seems to consistently defend pushing people around--that seems indeed to want to do it.
Really? Do you have to be a liberal to rush to judgement without all the facts?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Jigsawed

Martin is in his second year.

I think Incognito understood that Martin was mentally soft and continued
to abuse him.

I understand Don Quixote's point.....we should not excuse an action
because of the condition of the victim.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:26 PM

Another white guy proclaiming all his friends are black.
I will give him the benefit of a doubt when Martin comes out and supports him.

He did it from love? Horse hockey!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS... View Post
You may not be "Jury" Judging, but you are Judging...
Read again. You're missing my point, and assuming I made a different one.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
300 lbs makes one a psychological superman? No. But being a 300 lbs offensive lineman in the NFL, you'd better be a physical and psychological superman. NFL teams that draft well do everything they can to understand both the physical and mental toughness of the players on their team. Could be that this guy slipped through, could be that there's more to this story than has played out in the media. And your question about "standing with a sadist" is dopey. One does not need to "stand with a sadist" to question the credibility of a story in the media. In fact, one is usually more right than wrong to question such stories, because I strongly suspect so far we have 1/2 the facts in this case, at most.

Or maybe the question was the type of cheap shot that one expects from a liberal?

Really? Do you have to be a liberal to rush to judgement without all the facts?
You're standing with the sadist when you make disparaging remarks about the victim's ability to 'take it.'

The only judgement I've have made is of your attitude. And I stand by it.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Admin

Gotta love the knee jerk support for the sadistic Incognito coming from the righties here on this subject. Incognito being suspended isn't the final word on this but it was an action taken by the Dolphin's management.

Looks like smoke to me.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Gotta love the knee jerk support for the sadistic Incognito coming from the righties here on this subject. Incognito being suspended isn't the final word on this but it was an action taken by the Dolphin's management.

Looks like smoke to me.
Think about it, Bob. Is it really any surprise that they defend bullies and despise anyone who tries to thwart a bullies will?

They love overbearing employers and attack anyone who tries to uphold worker rights and protections......

They always step up to defend a bigots so-called "right" to be an obnoxious ass.....

God help you if you dare to suggest any empathy for the poor.

To these guys anyone who shows weakness or sensitivity of any sort deserves to be abused. The American right is little more than a giant troop of baboons who think any weak or unfortunate person outside their immediate family should get stomped and left to die.

This is core to their belief system.

Dave
Old 11-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Area Man

Quote:
300 lbs makes one a psychological superman? A football player is a human being with the same social needs and vulnerabilities as anyone else. Bullies know how to get to people, and gain sadistic satisfaction from doing it, which is why it goes on and on. And you stand with the sadist?

The empathy failure that blames the victims in bullying cases just compounds the damage. It's of a piece with the conservative willingness to blame the victim in rape cases, and turn a deaf ear to complaints of racial and sexual harassment. There is a side of conservatism that seems to consistently defend pushing people around--that seems indeed to want to do it.
Glad you've noticed this too. I don't feel so alone, now.